Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which DC city would you choose to live in?

If you were able to live in any of the fictional DC cities which one would you choose?
    I have a top a three.

1. Opal City- it seems big but not to big and fairly safe.

2. Ivy Town- seems like a cozy place for a family to settle down in.

3. Central City- only because I would want to see the Flash museum.

I would want to be on the west coast so Coast City or National City.

I think Opal might be a nice place to live. Lots of history and personality, and not too much superhuman activity.

I mean, it'd be fun seeing Superman or Green Lantern fly by my office window, but the tax and insurance rates in cities like Coast, Central, or Metropolis must be so obscene they'll kill you before the villains will. And the cities seem to get destroyed every other month and I really hate sitting in construction on my way to work, so I think I'd hate living in places with high superhuman (or at least super hero) populations.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think I’d give them all a miss, too many nutters in the all lol

Top 3
    -Keystone City obviously N.O. 1 (Because... the chance to meet Wally West)
    -Star City (It seems nice)
    -Neo Gotham (From the Future of Batman Beyond)... Really love that show... nuff said

BANNED

1. Manchester, Alabama- Not a city but it's a nice place, and its never gotten blown up or anything. (Plus, the chance to meet Bart and Max)
    2. Any of the non-awful societies from the 30th Century. (Mind you a lot of them kind of suck, but it'd be worth it for all the cool tech and the Legion being around.)

BANNED

Edit: Oh, fictional cities...

Ehm...

Are there any that are not in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Edit: Oh, fictional cities...

Ehm...

Are there any that are not in the USA?
    Well.....there's Markovia.....Bialya (spelling?).....Pokolistan (which literally translates to hell or something)......and of course Themyscria and Atlantis.....

I hear Khandaq is nice as long as you obey the law. Make sure you don't miss the public executions on Wednesday or you'll *definitely* make it the next week, if you get my meaning....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well.....there's Markovia.....Bialya (spelling?).....Pokolistan (which literally translates to hell or something)......and of course Themyscria and Atlantis.....

I hear Khandaq is nice as long as you obey the law. Make sure you don't miss the public executions on Wednesday or you'll *definitely* make it the next week, if you get my meaning....
    Bahahahhhahaha!!!!!! Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    1. Manchester, Alabama- Not a city but it's a nice place, and its never gotten blown up or anything. (Plus, the chance to meet Bart and Max)
    2. Any of the non-awful societies from the 30th Century. (Mind you a lot of them kind of suck, but it'd be worth it for all the cool tech and the Legion being around.)
    I have a feeling the more Impulse I read the higher Manchester will move up my list, especially since I am a southern boy already

Central City seems like it would be pretty nice and safe to live from all that I've read of it.

The Flash is there and he's a pretty active part of the community, with a pretty good rate of being there whenever somebody needs it.

Not to mention the most prominent Supervillains are probably one of the few who abide by a no-kill policy.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Opal. Reading the Starman series made me think how nice it would be to live there. Not too big, and not a lot of crime.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Central City seems like it would be pretty nice and safe to live from all that I've read of it.

The Flash is there and he's a pretty active part of the community, with a pretty good rate of being there whenever somebody needs it.

Not to mention the most prominent Supervillains are probably one of the few who abide by a no-kill policy.
    If I had to live in a "big" DC city, it'd definitely be Central. Seems the safest of those high-traffic areas. But still, you gotta deal with the occasional invasion from Gorilla City or murder-spree by time-traveling speedsters......

Worse thing I'd have to deal with in Opal is the Shade.....and he's basically the city's protector now.

~ Black Panther.

I can’t believe no one has said Gotham yet

Opal. Definitely Opal City.