View Poll Results: Cape of Thrones: Declare your House!

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Flash Family

9 12.50%
  • The Arrow Family

7 9.72%
  • The Terrifics

3 4.17%
  • House El/The Super Family

18 25.00%
  • The Wilsons

0 0%
  • The Shazam Family

7 9.72%
  • The Atlantian Royal Family

5 6.94%
  • The Bat Family

10 13.89%
  • The Amazons

8 11.11%
  • Other (I ran out if families, tell me more!)

5 6.94%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Woops, didn't see the Arrow family there. Have to go with that one. Closest match.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    At first, when I read the title "Choose your House!", I thought that this was going to be a poll about the Houses presented in The Immortal Men. You know: House of Action, House of Conquest, House of Harmony, House of Expression and House of Knowledge.
    if that series had gone on enough to where they fleshed out the Houses more I most definitely would've made that poll/thread by now. although, we go have a rough idea of what each house represents, there may be something to divvying up heroes of the DC universe by which house you can see them in. I can see Mister Terrific and someone like Tim Drake in House of Knowledge, Superman obviously goes House of Action, Kyle Rayner and John Stewart could fit with House of Expression, etc.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Living on Themiscrya would be amazing, but I like having a penis, so I guess it's House Atlantis for me! I like the confluence between magical and high-tech stuff going on in those 'hidden lands,' and they are full of beauty and wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Buddhism =/= superman, the guy is pretty violent. The Buddha wouldn't approve. Superman violates the pańcasīla.
    "ahimsa parmo dharma"
    "no-violence is the greatest duty"
    I said semi-Buddhist. I'm not a hardcore believer in any religion. I simply try to do the most amount of good while causing the least amount of harm. When you are faced with the likes of Doomsday or Brainiac negation isn't going to work, regrettably. But I wouldn't kill super-powered hoodlums simply because doing so is a "quick crime fix" or even Lex Luthor. So, yeah, House of El for me. I greatly admire the ideal Superman's "Family" aspires to reach.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-24-2020 at 12:45 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, I'm too big an ******* to belong to the House of El, but not enough of an ******* to be a Bat. I'm not a woman so that largely rules out House Wonder. I'm not a scientist so the Terrifics is a poor fit, and I'm too old for the Shazam family.

Basically leaves me with the Flash and Arrow families. And I like spicy food and politics, so I guess I'm Team Arrow, even if I'm not nearly as far left as Ollie.
    Uncle Dudley and The Wizard are technically part of the family, it doesn't matter are old you are just as long as your young at heart and have a big imagination lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    At first, when I read the title "Choose your House!", I thought that this was going to be a poll about the Houses presented in The Immortal Men. You know: House of Action, House of Conquest, House of Harmony, House of Expression and House of Knowledge.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought that when they first saw the thread's title.

(I miss that book. )

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I said semi-Buddhist. I'm not a hardcore believer in any religion. I simply try to do the most amount of good while causing the least amount of harm. When you are faced with the likes of Doomsday or Brainiac negation isn't going to work, regrettably. But I wouldn't kill super-powered hoodlums simply because doing so is a "quick crime fix" or even Lex Luthor. So, yeah, House of El for me. I greatly admire the ideal Superman's "Family" aspires to reach.
    Religion thing is kind all over the place. The definition to it is kinda thin. Anyways, I would argue if any character should be and could about non violence in all its glory, That's superman. Moreover, non violence is about taking your beatings.so much so that the opponents would himself stop digusted at himself .That's how non-violence works. It's isn't pacifism or avoidance of conflict. It's a different form of action.
    Superman would stand there get punched by doomsday until he gets the social darwinism knocked out of him. Better than a punching contest to death.

Do the Titans count as a hero family? I wanna be a Titan.

But if they don't count then I'm stuck between the Batfam and the Shazam family.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Do the Titans count as a hero family? I wanna be a Titan.

But if they don't count then I'm stuck between the Batfam and the Shazam family.
    Why don't you join the doom patrol?

I belong in the House of Speed Force. Endurance athlete who loves to eat and run.

The Bat family is probably my favorite, though. Most of my favorite characters reside there.

House of El. Live in Kansas and feel like I share similar morals that Supes does. Plus...wouldnt that mean I get their powers too? And why wouldnt I want that?

Why don't you join the doom patrol?
    Titans have more characters that I care about.

Religion thing is kind all over the place. The definition to it is kinda thin. Anyways, I would argue if any character should be and could about non violence in all its glory, That's superman. Moreover, non violence is about taking your beatings.so much so that the opponents would himself stop digusted at himself .That's how non-violence works. It's isn't pacifism or avoidance of conflict. It's a different form of action.
    Superman would stand there get punched by doomsday until he gets the social darwinism knocked out of him. Better than a punching contest to death.
    Yeah, but Doomsday would destroy everything around him in the meantime killing scores of innocent people and (likely) animals. So, yeah, this is a too extreme stance I can't support. Sometimes, rarely, violence is justified in the pursuit of the minimization of evil or of even greater violence (if you prefer).
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-24-2020 at 06:28 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The Bat family is probably my favorite, though. Most of my favorite characters reside there.
    .... I feel you, buddy. Just be careful with Joker alright. Don't want to end up with a crowbar, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    .... I feel you, buddy. Just be careful with Joker alright. Don't want to end up with a crowbar, right?
    I only go over when it's light out. I get back to the Speed House for dinner.