Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default DC characters that would make good horror films?

I hear there's plans for justice league dark, Deadman and the fishmen from Aquaman.
    Who else would be good?
    How about : the eclipso gem, manbat and Simon Dark. Monkey King from swamp thing would be good - a creepy ape like thing Brought to life by an autistic orphan.
    Others?

Astonishing Member

Eclipso, Starro, Raven, Murmur, Neron, Black Lanterns, Madame Xanadu, Traci 13, Swamp Thing, The Spectre, Deadman, Joker

Really a lot of heroes could work, it's all about the setting.

The Creature Commandos.

A group of people turned into monsters and let loose against the Nazis could make for a very nice horror movie.

And if it does good, the sequel takes the Monsters vs Nazis angle and puts them on Dinosaur Island.

Mighty Member

White martians

The Question in a Horror thriller. One he would be terrifying in live action and two he could fit into a Get out type horror film. Obviously hes white but I just mean that type of psychological horror. He follows a conspiracy and end up in some scary ****
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 09-24-2020 at 12:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Jane doe from Arkham

I actually think Vixen would be a good subject of a horror film. It would be told from the perspective of poachers...they're hunting an animal or animals in a certain location, and they've heard rumors of a woman who protects that area, but the poachers just think it's an urban legend.

Then, one by one, Vixen hunts down the poachers and kills them (or hurts them really badly) and this time, when the "villain" of the film performs seemingly superhuman feats, it would make sense because Vixen actually has superpowers. At the end of the movie, the last surviving poachers thinks he/she has killed Vixen, but you guessed it, Vixen comes back to life by using the abilities of a planarian, like she did in a Justice League of America comic. The film ends with Vixen setting up camp in another location because she's heard of some humans being held captive, and she wants to rescue them.

Vixen of course is really the hero of the movie, but from the poachers' perspective, she is the villain/monster. Now that I think about it, that kind of reminds me of the 80's Swamp Thing movies... so I guess this type of story has already been done.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Gotham City Monsters might work.
    It has Killer-Croc and Frankenstein.

BANNED

Dr. Destiny, especially the one in Gaiman's Sandman:Preludes and Nocturnes, some of the scariest stuff in DC label history.

Invincible Member

Are we talking about superheroes/villains that could be made into a horror film? Because DC already has a number of supernatural or horror oriented characters.

Incredible Member

phantom stranger would make a good host narator of a horror anthology movie featuring tales of the spectre , baron winters and his Wintersgate Manor and dr thirteen.

Constantine? His first movie was already a horror, they could make one more similar to the comics and just called it Hellblazer.

Maybe they could make some body horror with Clayface.

Paging the Corinthian....
    Attached Images Attached Images

An adaptation of Lobdell's Teen Titans. If you are not horrified by that, well, you are a braver person than i am.

But mandatory tackle to that awful book aside, very simply you could make one hell of a creepy movie with a psychotic Batman.

I think you could lean into Martian Manhunter for a sci-fi horror story (or a subversion).

Like this person gets attacked by this inexplicable creature and no one believes them but this one police detective who seems to know way more about them than they should, and said detective starts following them around suspiciously to where you start thinking the detective is the creature until it turns out he's Martian Manhunter and he's been trying to protect them from the creature.