Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Batwoman could actually work in a horror film. If you read Elegy and her other early appearances from the late 2000's, there's a definite element of horror and mysticism there. Even the CW show touches upon these, albeit in a very different way.

Boisterously Confused

The tough part about this idea, IMO, is that you kind of need a horror movie's protagonist to a normal - if not a victim - coping with something terrible and predatory. So I don't see too many of DC's heroes as a good fit, but Felix Faust, The Demons 3, Solomon Grundy would all make spiffy horror antagonists. Hell, you could write Ultra-Humanite as One Seriously Scary MF if you put your mind to it (I still get a bit of heebies remembering his big reveal in Robinson's Golden Age).

You'd almost need the story's lead to either be a mundane with somebody like Dr. Occult playing Professor Van Helsing, or you need it to be about a supernatural hero's origin story.

Mighty Member

Looking forward to seeing se7en style Riddler

Southern gothic story about Croc. Poor black reptilan kid raised by violent alcoholic aunt. He was treated like a monster so he became a monster. Would love a low budget modern setting a la Gummo or Bully

"Cereal" convention from Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The tough part about this idea, IMO, is that you kind of need a horror movie's protagonist to a normal - if not a victim - coping with something terrible and predatory.
    Sort of like how in the Outlast games you can't fight back - a disempowered protagonist makes the stakes higher?

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Constantine? His first movie was already a horror, they could make one more similar to the comics and just called it Hellblazer.

Maybe they could make some body horror with Clayface.
    They actually did this as a TV show. It was on NBC, but was largely ignored.

Spectacular Member

Aquaman as a monstrous sea creature that change into human to attract soul.

Definitely the Spectre.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Jason Blood/The Demon inspired by Kirby's original run. Lovecraftian, creeping horror and sword and sorcery. HIGHLANDER meets MANDY.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    phantom stranger would make a good host narator of a horror anthology movie featuring tales of the spectre , baron winters and his Wintersgate Manor and dr thirteen.

The more I think on it, Night Force is probably the best answer. Your focal characters can be normals, so you're preserving the audience's ability to project themselves onto the poor schmucks the Baron is manipulating into facing down the villains of the piece.

Extraordinary Member

I’ve been thinking it might be fun to have a crime noir story where Jason Blood is hired/threatened by Jim Corrigan to investigate something demonic from the other end, with Jason’s less refined detective skills lending itself to the sloppier nature of the private eye vs the actual police detective... and the two “twists” on the regular formula being Jason releasing Etrigan the Demon against certain monsters and malefactors, but with the twist of the Spectre being made throughout the film, until the moment at the very end where Corrigan releases the Spectre, and after a film of seeing Etrigan tear through most of his enemies save for the most powerful or the most sympathetic, The Spectre is treated as an almost Eldritch Abomination without mercy or fetters.

The idea of making an (un-fallen) Angel the “monster” at the end of a monster mystery where Demons are the regular characters just appeals to me.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

You could make an entire slasher, Nightmare on Elm Street-like, movie with the Spectre being the slasher and the would-be victims he goes after all being terrible people.

Also wanna add Solomon Grundy. He's perfect!

Boisterously Confused

You know, when I think upon Predator, I revise my opinion and say you could do a super-protagonist horror film.

Send The Suicide Squad on a mission that accidentally unleashes a really pissed off Solomon Grundy from wherever Dr. Fate had managed to cage him.

Think you could get some miles out of a Apokolips movie. You can do something smaller like a Lowlie trying to survive there or Just make a mister Miracle escape film. Just make the things he sees as horrific as possible.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    An adaptation of Lobdell's Teen Titans. If you are not horrified by that, well, you are a braver person than i am.
    TBH, I'd be more horrified by the internet response than Lobdell's adaptation. I didn't mind his Starfire.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier