Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I wonder if when Peter Parker died in The Other and was reborn in a different body, Spider-man fans had to endure so many discussions about the same thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I wonder if when Peter Parker died in The Other and was reborn in a different body, Spider-man fans had to endure so many discussions about the same thing.
    I was there for that! And the answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I was there for that! And the answer is yes
    Is it your opinion then that we have been without the real Peter Parker for more than ten years?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Is it your opinion then that we have been without the real Peter Parker for more than ten years?
    No I believe he was restored in Spider-Man/Deadpool after he went to hell

Hickman went out of his way in dozens of interviews to say it is absolutely not souls. That’s why you can make duplicates. .
    I can literally pull the comic Hox/PoX where it says it is soul is being put in the body. They have touched on couple times now with the duplicate/clone stuff as recently as Hellions or Empyre story it is clear there is 1 real one. And no Hickman has never said the souls aren't being put back into the body and good luck finding interview where he say that. But It is clear you want to ignore the fiction being to told so there nothing that can done about that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I can literally pull the comic Hox/PoX where it says it is soul is being put in the body. They have touched on couple times now with the duplicate/clone stuff as recently as Hellions or Empyre story it is clear there is 1 real one. And no Hickman has never said the souls aren't being put back into the body and good luck finding interview where he say that. But It is clear you want to ignore the fiction being to told so there nothing that can done about that.
    That’s great buddy! I’m so glad you own your own copy of those comics. I am super proud of you and value your opinion and respect your values

Has Hickman actually given a hard answer about the soul situation or are people filling in the gap for him? I have the books, but if someone has a screenshot or the page number, I’d appreciate that information.

Not trying to be confrontational or controversial, but I agree that “Hickman said so” is not good enough. I need a logical, in-universe explanation.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 09-24-2020 at 03:53 AM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I mean anima, essence, and soul.. It is pretty clear, It is not meant to be just memories but hey whatever the horse has been beaten to death. I can go hunt the Hickman interviews on the topic it is purposely greyish because he wanted this type of discussion

Capture1.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-24-2020 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I mean anima, essence, and soul.. It is pretty clear, It is not meant to be just memories but hey whatever.

Capture1.jpg
    But the mind is not the soul. At least, there’s a philosophical debate about the difference. Hickman saying mind=anima, essence doesn’t work for me.

After all, if mind=anima means they have their souls, then Maddie absolutely could have been resurrected because Xavier can seemingly duplicate souls.

Thanks for the screenshot though, was that an issue of HoX/PoX?
    Last edited by Hizashi; 09-24-2020 at 03:58 AM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    But the mind is not the soul. At least, there’s a philosophical debate about the difference. Hickman saying mind=anima, essence doesn’t work for me.

After all, if mind=anima means they have their souls, then Maddie absolutely could have been resurrected because Xavier can seemingly duplicate souls.

It is house of X 5 , I will look up the interviews where Hickman talks about it he does a better job of explaining it. It look like I need to start bookmark and saving stuff for these convos

It's only a question of time until they resurrect someone who'll later turn out to still be alive, if it hasn't happened already. I wouldn't be surprised if someone of the Orchis strike team is in fact still alive and held captive. Why bother with the whole transhuman angle of resurrection via mind-backup if you're not planning to bring up that specific issue? I mean, Sinister is right there as an example of someone who has transcended singular existence, as each of his clones is both their own individual in addition to being another incarnation of Sinister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It's only a question of time until they resurrect someone who'll later turn out to still be alive, if it hasn't happened already. I wouldn't be surprised if someone of the Orchis strike team is in fact still alive and held captive. Why bother with the whole transhuman angle of resurrection via mind-backup if you're not planning to bring up that specific issue? I mean, Sinister is right there as an example of someone who has transcended singular existence, as each of his clones is both their own individual in addition to being another incarnation of Sinister.
    They also showed the construction of nimrod being built using a memory backup is the same level of resurrection as the five. Same anima different body. That would mean nimrod has a soul. So sure I guess if nimrod gets a soul then the X-men all have their souls lol

Hickman went out of his way in dozens of interviews to say it is absolutely not souls. That’s why you can make duplicates. So no you didn’t answer my question and the rest your post was just another “because he said so” i get it you just don’t want to think about it. That’s fine. There doesn’t need to be answer. It can just be “because he said so” I’m not arguing with you about the answer. “Because he said so” is the answer. The problem is that it is a bad answer. I don’t hate these books to me the fun part of the books is looking at the narrative logic. I get you don’t understand how to do that and that’s ok. We all just need to the best we can with what we got! So you enjoy these books and don’t let me get in your way��
    Death herself said in valkyrie that mutant souls were no longer coming to her and it made her sick but by the end she was healed. So by celestial canon in the mu beyond even hickman it has been acknowledged death is no longer receiving mutant souls.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I keep saying this and it’s like people don’t understand foreshadowing

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post

In real life the mind is actually the soul so there is that. The human soul is a social -religious concept and is not an actual thing in evidence/ science. Our consciousness or what we describe it as is what is in our mind -the info stored in our brains.

I have an identical twin and we have similar but not the same lived experiences but if we somehow copied my mind /memories into him and tossed out his memories then he’d become me 😂