Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    But he shouldn’t be! It doesn’t make sense! You can’t be a society immune from prosecution and still trade in the global market. It doesn’t work that way!
    Many countries have defied the UN and ignored International Law (the UK Prime Minister has recently threatened to do just that) and still trade freely in the global market. There may be sanctions imposed, but not every country would follow them. There are real countries, it seems, who pick and choose which international rules they follow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    Many countries have defied the UN and ignored International Law (the UK Prime Minister has recently threatened to do just that) and still trade freely in the global market. There may be sanctions imposed, but not every country would follow them. There are real countries, it seems, who pick and choose which international rules they follow.
    Don’t care anymore accepting they do it with magic. Turning off my and praising krakoa

Incredible Member

You raised a really interesting topic, well, I found it interesting anyway. There have been some fairly reasonable answers as I see it. We do accept easily that the mutant telepaths can control the minds of people, or just read their minds. We've seen in comics years ago that Emma Frost was able to make successful investments based on information she took from the minds of business people, so we know that works. In my opinion that's a valid explanation for some of the ways they are able to involve themselves in international trade.

I mean, we accept inter stellar travel, other dimensions and all kinds of other things. Seems to me mind control is much more mundane than some of the stuff we all accept easily.

Anyway I try not to be confrontational with my posts on here, and I hope I've not offended you with anything I've said, but my work background is in accounting and economics and I deal with international companies regularly, so I know a bit about how international trade works. I wasn't trying to get at you personally, but if my answers have upset you I'm sorry.

Wasn't there a line in one issue about how krakoa can grow money. We also know it can grow gems and diamonds.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

You raised a really interesting topic, well, I found it interesting anyway. There have been some fairly reasonable answers as I see it. We do accept easily that the mutant telepaths can control the minds of people, or just read their minds. We've seen in comics years ago that Emma Frost was able to make successful investments based on information she took from the minds of business people, so we know that works. In my opinion that's a valid explanation for some of the ways they are able to involve themselves in international trade.

I mean, we accept inter stellar travel, other dimensions and all kinds of other things. Seems to me mind control is much more mundane than some of the stuff we all accept easily.

Anyway I try not to be confrontational with my posts on here, and I hope I've not offended you with anything I've said, but my work background is in accounting and economics and I deal with international companies regularly, so I know a bit about how international trade works. I wasn't trying to get at you personally, but if my answers have upset you I'm sorry.
    You haven’t offended me I am just annoyed at people treating the current run as a sacred cow

Incredible Member

Glad you're okay with what I wrote. I quite understand what you mean about how some people treat this new era. I have issues with some parts of it too. On the whole, however, I'm finding it exciting and well written, something that hasn't been the case for some time. I'm looking forward to new installments every week and quite enjoying the ride.

That's not to say there aren't real problems for me, of course there are, nothing is perfect. I have to say though, I'm prepared to put up with a fair bit that doesn't ring quite true so long as I'm enjoying the ride.

Emma walked into a court and said “your laws don’t apply to us” that goes both ways
    Then Krakoa applied for the UN to be recognized as country. If laws didn't apply to Krakoa wouldn't give a crap about being in the UN.

Most action in the books show they are going through motions following countries laws with exceptions places that are abusing mutants. This whole run has been them going through the correct method AND going through the back door. Which is why Marauders are going through illegal selling their own drugs making sure that the drugs prices stay down, While legally selling the drugs to the countries.

Anyways I am not going back forth Magneto clear stated what Mutant plans for the future
    Capture1.jpg

X-men 4 you can read for yourself, I can pull scan where Storm(HoX6) talks to Shaw about owning property not on Krakoa. The things you are saying isn't matching what is the books

Capture1.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-24-2020 at 04:40 AM. Reason: oh well the scans are too small

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Then Krakoa applied for the UN to be recognized as country. If laws didn't apply to Krakoa wouldn't give a crap about being in the UN.

Most action in the books show they are going through motions following countries laws with exceptions places that are abusing mutants. This whole run has been them going through the correct method AND going through the back door. Which is why Marauders are going through illegal selling their own drugs making sure that the drugs prices stay down, While legally selling the drugs to the countries.

Anyways I am not going back forth Magneto clear stated what Mutant plans for the future
    Capture1.jpg

X-men 4 you can read for yourself, I can pull scan where Storm(HoX6) talks to Shaw about owning property not on Krakoa. The things you are saying isn't matching what is the books

Capture1.jpg
    I DONT CARE!!! Whatever point you want to make I agree just stop already

Lol Dude you can't get mad someone's replying to your post. If you really don't care just stop posting and the replies stop.
    Also KraKoa eats mutant energy and sh!TS out diamonds
    Dats where they're bag comes from
    GrindrStone(D)

Emma walked into a court and said “your laws don’t apply to us” that goes both ways
    The Cuckoos had the paperwork for taking Sabretooth out with them. The Amnesty thing was also talked about by Scott before the UN recognized them.

But he shouldn’t be! It doesn’t make sense! You can’t be a society immune from prosecution and still trade in the global market. It doesn’t work that way!
    He and the others can own property in other countries. There's just no property on Krakoa. And as far as we know they're still American citizens.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    He and the others can own property in other countries. There's just no property on Krakoa. And as far as we know they're still American citizens.
    You've thrown up an interesting point there yourself, whether you realised what you were saying or not.

There is property on Krakoa. But who owns it? There are bars, are they for profit? Do the people using them pay for their drink? There are buildings and fixtures and fittings, are they owned by individuals or The Hellfire Trading Company, or some other corporation? Do they have any form of system to administer companies, or must they be formed and registered elsewhere? I'm assuming again, but my assumption is that the government of Krakoa, such as it is, won't want to be paying corporate tax to other countries for too long, if there's tax due they'd want to collect it.

The other part of your interesting point is are corporations formed on Krakoa collectives? What I mean is are they state owned and run for the general population? We're getting into the realms of Communism if that's the case.

I'm happy this has been brought up, to me it's a really interesting discussion.

Ok one more time krakoa sells drugs for money. And that money goes where? A big vault next to saber tooth? They don’t have currency on krakoa! They holding the money in bitcoins? Krakoa doesn’t have an economy. All the businesses they “own” they don’t own anymore because they changed the laws about mutants being immune to human laws. Like owning property. So technically krakoa is broke. They could be making billions of dollars trading the flower drugs but they have no actual way to spend the money. Your argument is businesses will do what the mutants say out of fear. Fear of what? They don’t have any money! Look I get it. The answer is “because the writer said so” it’s just frustrating because this is a story about building a nation and the parts about nation building are just hand waved. But fine Emma just mind controls all the banks. I answered my own question omg
    Does Krakoa actually need money to function though? You can’t really buy property and the island is self-sufficient so they don’t need to buy food.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does Krakoa actually need money to function though? You can’t really buy property and the island is self-sufficient so they don’t need to buy food.
    They need to buy iphones and the latest trends.

You've thrown up an interesting point there yourself, whether you realised what you were saying or not.

There is property on Krakoa. But who owns it? There are bars, are they for profit? Do the people using them pay for their drink? There are buildings and fixtures and fittings, are they owned by individuals or The Hellfire Trading Company, or some other corporation? Do they have any form of system to administer companies, or must they be formed and registered elsewhere? I'm assuming again, but my assumption is that the government of Krakoa, such as it is, won't want to be paying corporate tax to other countries for too long, if there's tax due they'd want to collect it.

The other part of your interesting point is are corporations formed on Krakoa collectives? What I mean is are they state owned and run for the general population? We're getting into the realms of Communism if that's the case.

I'm happy this has been brought up, to me it's a really interesting discussion.
    It was said that you cannot own anything on Krakoa, so bars and infrastructures are not owned by anyone. Leah Williams called it a happy communist society or something on this line.

Emma asked to be the sole distributor for Hellfire, so I guess the Company is not Krakoa based either. Like all the other Xavier companies.