Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    380

    Default If you could go back in time and write any character you like

    If you could go back in time and write any character you like, Which era and character(s) would you like to write. What style of writing would you choose to use?And what changes would you like to do in some stories(For instance: You could change Time Trapper's identity from Cosmic boy to Saturn Girl in Zero Hour if you like)?
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Instead of giving Superman a hard reboot with New 52, continue the narrative flow of pre-Flashpoint. Show Lois having baby Jon, and let us see him grow up. Perhaps some of that needs to be done in flashback style to line up the timeline.
    A more cohesive ongoing narrative from Post Crisis to now as well, without all the Zero Hour, Birthright, etc soft reboots. All the picking at continuity like a scab is just confusing and jarring, and unnecessary. You don't have to reboot continuity every few years, just move forward telling good stories.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    I know a lot of Legion fans will disagree with me, but in the "An Eye For An Eye" storyline, I hated that Nemesis Kid defeated Karate Kid so bad that he was on the brink of death and sacrificed what life he had left to save Orando. Nemesis Kid had always tried to bring KK down and in the end he managed to do it. I don't like villains winning over heroes.

    Plus, I always found Projectra to be a very weak character. So for her to kill Nemesis Kid with her bare hands (even if she used some kind of sorcery to do it) after he pummeled Karate Kid just left a bad taste in my mouth.

    But then, Karate Kid was in my top 5 favorite Legionnaires so I never would've killed him off. He would've defeated Nemesis Kid on his own, with no help from Projectra.

  4. #4
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    73

    Default

    This would be supremely unpopular to a lot of fans, especially Batman fans, but rewrite the Tower Of Babel storyline, so Batman does not have files to take down the whole JLA. The plans come from some other source. To me this was the apex (or nadir if you prefer) of the Jerk Bat-God that still has (IMO negative) repercussions today.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackTerror View Post
    This would be supremely unpopular to a lot of fans, especially Batman fans, but rewrite the Tower Of Babel storyline, so Batman does not have files to take down the whole JLA. The plans come from some other source. To me this was the apex (or nadir if you prefer) of the Jerk Bat-God that still has (IMO negative) repercussions today.
    But doesn’t that change what that whole story is about?

  6. #6
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    But doesn’t that change what that whole story is about?
    Actually the framing story of Ras' plans to eliminate the JLA while wreaking his havoc on language would be the "main" and, IMO, compelling story then.

    I'm not, and have never been a fan of Grimdark Bat-God, who can take out anyone with enough prep-time. I realize that totally puts me in the minority of DC fans and a microscopic sliver of Batman fans. A serious intelligent, yet human version of the character is more my cup of tea.

  7. #7

    Default

    I'd probably scrap the Green Lantern 5 aspect of Simon Baz and have him get a new ID and a solo.

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,320

    Default

    Monitor: Eh , we're actually stronger as multiple Earths.

    Would have never done Crisis. The single biggest dumbest event to "fix" something that was never broken.
    Leading to them endlessly trying to fix the damage they did ever since, and DC becoming a company and fandom that gobbles up useless "fixing" events.
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-24-2020 at 05:35 PM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Monitor: Eh , we're actually stronger as multiple Earths.

    Would have never done Crisis. The single biggest dumbest event to "fix" something that was never broken.
    Leading to therm endlessly trying to fix the damage they did ever since, and DC becoming a company and fandom that gobbles up useless "fixing" events.
    Could not agree more. Great post.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Instead of giving Superman a hard reboot with New 52, continue the narrative flow of pre-Flashpoint. Show Lois having baby Jon, and let us see him grow up. Perhaps some of that needs to be done in flashback style to line up the timeline.
    A more cohesive ongoing narrative from Post Crisis to now as well, without all the Zero Hour, Birthright, etc soft reboots. All the picking at continuity like a scab is just confusing and jarring, and unnecessary. You don't have to reboot continuity every few years, just move forward telling good stories.
    Let’s face it: the reason why Jon was aged up was because Westerners by nature hate children.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    5,709

    Default

    I like the concept of Diana Trevor from WWII being the inspiration for the Wonder Woman American flag element. Keep that, but keep Steve Trevor young.

    Jason Todd didn't die in the explosion because screw that poll, but he still leaves the Bat-family anyway the next time he found out Batman doesn't kill Joker to avenge him. He decided to join the League at Talia's invitation, and the rest proceed the same from there.

    Starting the moment they become adults, Titans will be treated as on par with other Justice League team. They don't even have to have a different concept as the Justice League, they just have to tackle world-ending threats as heavy as JL and JLD, with the occasional crossover. The difference between the threats should be just this particular group found it first.

    if they can introduce Dark by having the League taken out by Enchantress, introduce Trigon by him taking out the League, the League is the first to tackle anything else because there's nobody else available or have International do it when League is off-planet, then they can do all that to all these groups all the time.

    There's no reason that Titans need to be below or you need to be a League when League membership extends to pretty much everyone adult or teen

    The League members can still have concerned parent mode when it comes to Titans since, after all, they're their former sidekicks, that's cute, just don't overblow it to mean treating their team as a Teen.

    Related to Titans, while Batman's reacquisition of Nightwing is the result of Titans losing sales, I like to keep Starfire marrying him, and they become what Red Hood and The Outlaws are now. The title that exists in a realm between Batfam and Justice League, but officially part of the Batfam, just less outlaw-ish.

    They will clean up Bludhaven together not as street-level heroes but superhero couple. Of course, the threat level will be adjusted accordingly.

    Nightwing was created outside the Batfam and signals his independence. Keep the Batfam relation because he originated there but don't bind him with it.

    Emerald Twilight doesn't exist. Kyle Rayner became a Green Lantern because Hal decided to retire, maybe marry Carol. He can have his return one day when Sinestro Corps is born.

    Batman WILL accept Justice League's help to restore Gotham during No Man's Land.

    Identity Crisis is changed significantly. There's no irrelevant rape just to make Dr. Light a red herring. Pick something else.

    Max Lord is not evil, Ted Kord isn't dead, but Jaime still becomes a second Blue Beetle because they have different concepts and the Blue Beetle title is named Blue Beetles with them acting as mentor and apprentice.

    Infinite Crisis doesn't exist. Alexander and Superboy-Prime lived happily ever after.

    At any given point except the first time, there's no such thing as Bruce Wayne not knowing how to raise a child. This man is very experienced in both child-rearing and seducing women. Stop trying to make him emotionally stunted.

    After Barry's revival, if he's even dead in Crisis, I'll publish The Flash: Barry Allen and The Flash: Wally West at the same time let people make their choice. Barry will stay in the League while Wally's in Titans, and there will be no problem because Titans are treated as equals.

    Since Cass and Steph aren't erased by retcon, Batman Eternal can focus on what they actually want, the origin of Harper Row

    Oh and I have no problem if early years Clark decided to date Wonder Woman a bit during the years where Lois is ignoring him (I'm thinking more Golden Age here) combined with Diana's concerned of Steve being in the blast radius of the disaster from New 52, but they will end up with their true love before Jon Kent's birth timeline is up.

    Speaking of Jon, I like to keep Damian and Jon the same age if I can, though Damian's older shorter joke has its merit.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 09-24-2020 at 01:27 PM.

  12. #12
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    108

    Default

    I would have kept Jason as the sole Firestorm, and kept Ronnie as Deathstorm in a Firestorm solo following Brightest Day/52 Launch. I think having Ronnie stay as Deathstorm could have had a lot of potential as an ongoing Firestorm villian.

  13. #13
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    I would've made John Stewart the central GL back in '01 or '02, when the Justice League show was on. He would serve on Earth, while Kyle and Guy would be honor guard. A lot of this would be John readjusting to Earth after multiple tours of duty in space. Symbolizing John's connection to the planet would be a new love interest he had some prior history with.

    After fleshing John out a bit, I would do Sinestro Corp War, with Hal Jordan returning as Parallax for the first time since his last Parallax appearance, meaning no Specter phase. Thaal would still be the leader of the SC. At the end of SCW, Hal would redeem himself a la Darth Vader.

    Then I would do a version of Rebirth where the story would be set on Oa, with Atrocitus using Manhunters to assault the Guardians and Honor Guard, ultimately failing to destroy the Corp, but releasing SC captives and destroying Oa. The universe would be policed by the three factions for a bit. Hal would get some approval from the Corp, but still be distrusted by the Darkstar Lanterns. The GLC would move onto Mogo.

    A side plot involving Black Hand would eventually culminate in the dead from Thaal's tyrannical rule rising from the grave and destroying the SC, leaving the sectors they took over in disarray. Some French revolution imagery here. The GLs would fight Atrocitus for the Yellow battery on a zombie infested planet, with Hal having to become Parallax again to prevent them from acquiring the entity. Atrocitus and the Manhunters would leave for fontier space, leaving the GLC and JL as the only factions to take on the threat and restore order.

    Black Hand would revive the Anti-Monitor to wipe out all life. John makes a deal with Darkseid, knowing that Apocalypse will try to betray the good guys to get BH's powers, sold as the Anti-life equation. The New Gods would help the heroes to boom tube BH and the Anti-Monitor into the Anti-Matter universe while Darkseid and Parallax hold them off, to Darkseid's surprise at getting betrayed himself.

    John's arc would center around whether or not he's the chosen one in a GL prophecy (Tower of Talo) or Hal is, with both having undertaken actions that saved the universe-- kind of like Anakin vs Luke. To play this up, there would be questions about whether Abin's ring was supposed to go to John, but Hal was closer, causing the Guardians to manufacture a situation leading to John becoming the GL. The answer would ultimately be ambiguous, with a message about prophecies being mostly self-fulfilling.

    In the end, John turns down an offer to be the one of the first human Guardians in order to start a family on Earth with his love interest. Kyle would become a Guardian though, and Guy would work alongside a new inductee to the Honor Guard, like Arisia Raab.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-24-2020 at 06:00 PM.

  14. #14
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6,846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I would've made John Stewart the central GL back in '01 or '02, when the Justice League show was on. He would serve on Earth, while Kyle and Guy would be honor guard. A lot of this would be John readjusting to Earth after multiple tours of duty in space. Symbolizing John's connection to the planet would be a new love interest he had some prior history with. After fleshing John out a bit, I would do Sinestro Corp War, with Hal Jordan returning as Parallax for the first time since his last Parallax appearance, meaning no Specter phase. Thaal would still be the leader of the SC. At the end of SCW, Hal would redeem himself a la Darth Vader. Then I would do a version of Rebirth where the story would be set on Oa, with Atrocitus using Manhunters to assault the Guardians and Honor Guard, ultimately failing to destroy the Corp, but releasing SC captives and destroying Oa. The universe would be policed by the three factions for a bit. Hal would get some approval from the Corp, but still be distrusted by the Darkstar Lanterns. The GLC would move onto Mogo. A side plot involving Black Hand would eventually culminate in the dead from Thaal's tyrannical rule rising from the grave and destroying the SC, leaving the sectors they took over in disarray. Some French revolution imagery here. The GLs would fight Atrocitus for the Yellow battery on a zombie infested planet, with Hal having to become Parallax again to prevent them from acquiring the entity. Atrocitus and the Manhunters would leave for fontier space, leaving the GLC and JL as the only factions to take on the threat and restore order. Black Hand would revive the Anti-Monitor to wipe out all life. John makes a deal with Darkseid, knowing that Apocalypse will try to betray the good guys to get BH's powers, sold as the Anti-life equation. The New Gods would help the heroes to boom tube BH and the Anti-Monitor into the Anti-Matter universe while Darkseid and Parallax hold them off, to Darkseid's surprise at getting betrayed himself. John's arc would center around whether or not he's the chosen one in a GL prophecy (Tower of Talo) or Hal is, with both having undertaken actions that saved the universe-- kind of like Anakin vs Luke. To play this up, there would be questions about whether Abin's ring was supposed to go to John, but Hal was closer, causing the Guardians to manufacture a situation leading to John becoming the GL. The answer would ultimately b ambiguous, with a message about prophecies being mostly self-fulfilling. In the end, John turns down an offer to be the first human Guardian in order to start a family on Earth with his love interest. Kyle would become a Guardian instead, and Guy would work alongside a new inductee to the Honor Guard, like Arisia Raab.
    Paragraphs are your friend.

    For me;
    After Jason's death, he is NOT victim blamed nor treated as a thing. Let alone telling lies about his tenure as Robin. There's enough drama and angst there without that stuff.

    Have Bruce actually be a consistently good parent, if a little hard to approach early on for each kid when they first come to his home. Him being upset that Jason died? Okay. That I can see. Him staying all dark and edgy and becoming more and more of, well, a villain in most aspects? No. Stop. No.

    No DianaxSuperman. Just no. Diana and Steve? Yes. And throw in Lyta Trevor (be it biological or clay child) while we're at it. Lois and Clark? Yes. And, like it was said before, show them adjusting to being parents to Jon, and raising him. And have Damian be maybe a year older. With Lyta right in the middle of them.

    The Titans/New Teen Titans are adults and recognized as being equal to the League. They also help out younger heroes that don't have a mentor.

    Dick and Kori are married, with a young Mar'i. Making Damian and uncle before he's in Junior High. In fact, Roy has Lian, Wally has Jai and Irey, etc. This whole "anti-family" mentality at DC needs to go. Characters having families doesn't limit them, it brings in new potential.

    The Outlaws are formed by Jason Todd, Bizzaro, Artemis Grace, and Rose Wilson. But they can expand from there.

    Young Justice is a branch of the Titans that is mostly independent, but are connected to the Titans mainframe in case they need backup.

    Supergirl has a surreal moment when Jon is first born, as she remembers when Kal was born. But quickly gets over it. Conner vows to be the "cool big brother" to Jon. Lois tells him no piercings or tattoos around Jon until he's 30.

    The Amazons live in an advanced, if seemingly at first glance ancient, life style. Warriors, but they prefer to make peace through other methods first. All women (barring certain individuals like Circe and Cheetah) are welcome, men will need to be screened first. But children are clear to a certain age. So no "Amazons Attack" or pirate rapists of the New52.

  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Paragraphs are your friend.

    For me;
    After Jason's death, he is NOT victim blamed nor treated as a thing. Let alone telling lies about his tenure as Robin. There's enough drama and angst there without that stuff.

    Have Bruce actually be a consistently good parent, if a little hard to approach early on for each kid when they first come to his home. Him being upset that Jason died? Okay. That I can see. Him staying all dark and edgy and becoming more and more of, well, a villain in most aspects? No. Stop. No.

    No DianaxSuperman. Just no. Diana and Steve? Yes. And throw in Lyta Trevor (be it biological or clay child) while we're at it. Lois and Clark? Yes. And, like it was said before, show them adjusting to being parents to Jon, and raising him. And have Damian be maybe a year older. With Lyta right in the middle of them.

    The Titans/New Teen Titans are adults and recognized as being equal to the League. They also help out younger heroes that don't have a mentor.

    Dick and Kori are married, with a young Mar'i. Making Damian and uncle before he's in Junior High. In fact, Roy has Lian, Wally has Jai and Irey, etc. This whole "anti-family" mentality at DC needs to go. Characters having families doesn't limit them, it brings in new potential.

    The Outlaws are formed by Jason Todd, Bizzaro, Artemis Grace, and Rose Wilson. But they can expand from there.

    Young Justice is a branch of the Titans that is mostly independent, but are connected to the Titans mainframe in case they need backup.

    Supergirl has a surreal moment when Jon is first born, as she remembers when Kal was born. But quickly gets over it. Conner vows to be the "cool big brother" to Jon. Lois tells him no piercings or tattoos around Jon until he's 30.

    The Amazons live in an advanced, if seemingly at first glance ancient, life style. Warriors, but they prefer to make peace through other methods first. All women (barring certain individuals like Circe and Cheetah) are welcome, men will need to be screened first. But children are clear to a certain age. So no "Amazons Attack" or pirate rapists of the New52.
    The problem with these sorts of things is that they show the passage of time which only a very niche part of the fandom will allow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •