Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Gero4568 View Post
    Go back to right after Crisis and write Wonder Woman. Don't fully erase her past. Probably find a way to have Lyta Trevor's existence still make sense.
    Keeping Lyta Trevor wouldn't have to be that hard. They showed Earth 2 Diana and Steve survived the Crisis in Olympus, and then ignored them for decades. Just have Lyta survive with them and then use the characters.

WONDER GIRL 1.jpgSince Donna is the most destroyed character in DC I would just have her be the Daughter of Jason.Diana's brother and maybe Circe or Grail be her Mother.

Much like I said earlier with Lyta, I would just have the classic Earth 1 Donna survive the Crisis, slip through the cracks and live. That's the best, most popular version of the character.
    I did think when Hippolyta became the Golden Age Wonder Woman that she could wind up being Donna's birth mother - probably with Wild Cat as her father.

Retired

I think most of us back in 1986 wondered why this had to be so hard. But the management at D.C. had introduced a lot of rules that hamstrung writers from doing things that would have been so easy. To do the kind of fixes we would have liked, we'd have to get all the top brass fired.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Probably pick up Jack Kirby's THE DEMON where he left off. Ignore literally everything since.

Everything else I'd like to write wouldn't require a time machine.

Mighty Member

Kevin Kho's OMAC.
    Dc's version of The Web.
    Ambush Bug

I think all of these characters had/have potential, and they would probably let me do literally anything with them.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Much like I said earlier with Lyta, I would just have the classic Earth 1 Donna survive the Crisis, slip through the cracks and live. That's the best, most popular version of the character.
    I did think when Hippolyta became the Golden Age Wonder Woman that she could wind up being Donna's birth mother - probably with Wild Cat as her father.
    Think a solution could have been just say Perez's WW takes place an indeterminate amount of time before the rest of the DC books at the time. Just say Donna's NTT origin happened in the interval.

You could also solve the JL founding member issue but I can't really say that's of much importance to me considering how little good that team has done for WW.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, here’s one - the YJ4 characters right before and right after Flashpoint, leading into New 52 Teen Titans... and other characters I’d put into a *new* Young Justice team right then and there.

Red Robin - As a result of his aborted attempt to avenge his father’s death at Captain Boomerang’s hands, Tim gets some distance between himself and Bruce, though he remains a part of Batman Inc. His solo continues, with Tam, Ives, and others appearing. His next immediate arc involves the Lynx who claimed to be an HKPD undercover agent, with him going to Hong Kong for a team-up with Cass against Cricket and Cricket’s boss, the Golden Dragon’s mysterious leader the Leopard (he’s actually Mongolian, and an old associate of King Snake) all on Lynx’s behalf. After a brutal fight, Red Robin exposes Leopard’s ID and Cricket is driven off by a still beaten up Cass, with Lynx being discovered to be truthful about her undercover assignment... but also a pawn between competing officers in HKPD that want the identities of Batman Inc for different reasons.

Cass ends up taking a break from Hong Kong as a new Batman Inc. member is found to do the job, and accompanies Tim on his new mission...

Superboy - Conner is doing his thing in Smallville, but gets kidnapped by NOWHERE and supposedly has his entire mind scrubbed and a new ID created, The Scion. However, it quickly becomes apparent that Scion has just enough scraps left over to investigate his supposed new born memory, resulting in an awareness of his different personalities in previous solos, and when the Teen Titans find him (more on that in a bit), he manages to patch together all his IDs into an amalgamated version who wears the blue jeans and has a more mellow attitude, but wears the leather jacket and has some flashes of well-earned confidence... and he keeps the Scion name after hearing about his new “cousin.” (Again, more on that in a moment.

New 52 Teen Titans - The only character to get a bit of an overhaul is Cassie; she’s actually become a bit more the tomboy and cool headed leader type she was back in the Young Justice comic. She alerts Superman to Superboy’s disappearance, which he then puts Tim (and Cass) on. They discover NOWHERE, which si in fact an offshoot of the Legion of Supervillains led by Superboy’s OG villain, the Scavenger... who’s personal timeline has degenerated thanks to changing his own timeline enough that he’s Harvest (but he’s not LAME.) NOWHERE was kidnapping all sorts of young metas and kid superheroes, and managed to evade detection by most older heroes - it’s a combination of Tim leading Bart in hounding them with his skills and Cassie going on a quest to consult the Last Oracle (not Babs - the *actual* Oracle) to unite the team... and pick up new members Artemis Crock (rebooted to act like the show) and the Kaldur Aqualad.

They also wound up freeing and assisting in the creation of....

New 52 Young Justice - Damian was among those captured by NOWHERE, and almost immediately freed himself and another kid, Impulse II, Irey West, as well as the imprisoned Jon Kent of the future (Lois starts laughing at the revelation when she finds out, until she gets nauseous with morning sickness... then smiles and laughs with joy about it). When Tim and co. free them, Damian insists on making his own team... and the Justice Legaue insists on chaperones, so Damian, Irey, and Jon are joined by Steph, Jesse Quick (as basically den mother/leader), and Supergirl. Half the comedy comes from how hilariously loaded the team is in terms of power, with Damian doing his best “Batman is the prep-God” impression while Stone is there because it turns out she’s the only non-Dick Grayson authority figure who can counter his more reckless moments.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think a solution could have been just say Perez's WW takes place an indeterminate amount of time before the rest of the DC books at the time. Just say Donna's NTT origin happened in the interval.

You could also solve the JL founding member issue but I can't really say that's of much importance to me considering how little good that team has done for WW.
    Having Perez's run twenty ish years in the past would've solved a lot of problems.

Mighty Member

I would go back to 2004 and write a Question series while he was extremely popular in Justice League Unlimited.

I would have it spin off from Huntress's Cry for Blood series, and have the two somewhat romantically involved in a quirky humorous way.