Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Where would that be, I might have missed it. Considering X of Swords starts with X Of Swords:Creation.
    During the tarot card reading scene she says so something to the effect of "The witchbreed bring back their own dead now."

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Secret Wars destroyed Otherworld and the multiverse, there are rules that we cannot be sure will hold since Reed Richards rebuilt it.
    Was Otherworld and Saturnyne's role touched on in SW or its direct aftermath?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mykle1616 View Post
    I think there is an automatic level of bitterness there towards Betsy from Satty because of her feelings for Brian. Satty still hasn't given up hope that our Bri-boy will come runnin. And now-how dare Pop-Tart take on the mantle...again. Plus, Betsy doesn't put up with her stank and she knows it.
    Saturnyne’s feminine wiles worked on Brian. They don’t work on Betsy. Morgan Le Fay could not control Betsy with her sorcery, bur she controlled Brian pretty easy.

So it’s obvious why Saturnyne isn’t thrilled to see Betsy in the job. But that will make the development of the drama between them all the more fun. Betsy has Gambit throw Candra’s gem to Apocalypse to get rid of Candra, saying you know she deserves it. She did. Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    Personally I doubt that Saturnyne is capable of just getting rid of Merlyn and Mad Jim Jaspers as Die By the Sword showed they are capable a putting up a very good fight against the Starlight Citadel and the Captain Britain Corp so I doubt Saturnyne and her priestesses could put up a better fight without the Captain Britain Corp especially since she could't just get rid of Morgan Le Fay when she attacked so she likely has to put up with them for now though I am sure she has plans to get rid of them in the long term.
    When the multiverse was created the cosmic hierarchy was unstable and some took advantage to move way up on the cosmic hierarchy. Saturnyne probably did this. She was doing all the work Merlín hasn’t done anything in ages.

What are the differences between fair and foul courts? I'm assuming foul courts are not very nice places..
    . but isn't Merlin a good guy? Why is he in a foul court?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    What are the differences between fair and foul courts? I'm assuming foul courts are not very nice places..
    Merlin was a good guy, that particular plot thread had been resolved. However with the heavy retcons going on I guess he's gone back to evil again, probably with no explanation as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    During the tarot card reading scene she says so something to the effect of "The witchbreed bring back their own dead now."
    Right you are! That definitely reeks of Tini's writing because later on the comic Saturnyne is speaking with Monet St.Croix and calls her a mutant instead of witchbreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She should be dead by all accounts, by the hand of the map makers. Otherworld should have survived the collapse of the multiverse, the collapse of the omniverse on the other hand would have destroyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Saturnyne’s feminine wiles worked on Brian. They don’t work on Betsy. Morgan Le Fay could not control Betsy with her sorcery, bur she controlled Brian pretty easy.

So it’s obvious why Saturnyne isn’t thrilled to see Betsy in the job. But that will make the development of the drama between them all the more fun. Betsy has Gambit throw Candra’s gem to Apocalypse to get rid of Candra, saying you know she deserves it. She did. Lol
    Saturnyne's feminine wiles, whatever they are, don't work on Brian. He's a happily married man. Morgan Le Fay taking control of Brian is PIS pure and simple, especially since Brian has anti-magic capabilities. It seems the only people "thrilled" to see Betsy in the job, are Apocalypse and herself.

Spectacular Member

Merlin was a good guy, that particular plot thread had been resolved. However with the heavy retcons going on I guess he's gone back to evil again, probably with no explanation as to why.

Right you are! That definitely reeks of Tini's writing because later on the comic Saturnyne is speaking with Monet St.Croix and calls her a mutant instead of witchbreed.

She should be dead by all accounts, by the hand of the map makers. Otherworld should have survived the collapse of the multiverse, the collapse of the omniverse on the other hand would have destroyed it.

Saturnyne's feminine wiles, whatever they are, don't work on Brian. He's a happily married man. Morgan Le Fay taking control of Brian is PIS pure and simple, especially since Brian has anti-magic capabilities. It seems the only people "thrilled" to see Betsy in the job, are Apocalypse and herself.
    After looking at panels from other series - you may be right that her feminine wiles don't work on him, but that may not mean she doesn't still have feelings for him. It could be that she just doesn't like Betsy in the role, and wants her out ASAP so that Brian can return to it, so she's being cold to her and pointing out why she won't work out in order to nudge her out.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He went insane due to the House of M and became the Apostate. He killed Roma but was then later defeated by Sage. Someone posted that he showed up in Dr. Strange and died again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    After looking at panels from other series - you may be right that her feminine wiles don't work on him, but that may not mean she doesn't still have feelings for him. It could be that she just doesn't like Betsy in the role, and wants her out ASAP so that Brian can return to it, so she's being cold to her and pointing out why she won't work out in order to nudge her out.
    Idk, since betsy’s been Captain Britain, she helped apocalypse take over a chunk of Otherworld and helped him make a portal that a demon army came through to also invade Otherworld. She’s kind of objectively, a bad Captain Britain...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Idk, since betsy’s been Captain Britain, she helped apocalypse take over a chunk of Otherworld and helped him make a portal that a demon army came through to also invade Otherworld. She’s kind of objectively, a bad Captain Britain...
    Morgan Le Fay was going to attempt a massacre of mutants. That’s why Betsy helped Apocalypse defeat her. Had Morgan not magically enslaved Brian Betsy would not have been forced to step up as Captain Britain. She certainly did what she had to do there.

Now making Gambit give Apocalypse Candra’s gem, I would not cry for Candra.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Morgan Le Fay was going to attempt a massacre of mutants. That’s why Betsy helped Apocalypse defeat her. Had Morgan not magically enslaved Brian Betsy would not have been forced to step up as Captain Britain. She certainly did what she had to do there.

Now making Gambit give Apocalypse Candra’s gem, I would not cry for Candra.
    I think you're misremembering history. The Krakoan incursion started in Morgan Le Fay holy scrying pool first(probably Apocalypse trying to get into Otherworld). If we look with hindsight, Betsy been a pawn in all this, since the beginning. The moment Apocalypse knew he couldn't break through on his own. Brian would never agree to help Apocalypse, Betsy may have been initially cautious, but turns out easily manipulated by Apocalypse. Jamie could fulfil the same role as Betsy, but is too much of a wild card.

This is why Betsy is a terrible choice for Captain Britain given the current Krakoa climate. She put the needs of Krakoa/Mutants before the needs of Otherworld/UK. Everything she's done so far has furthered Apocalypse's goals.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Is... is that even canon to the X-Men? I mean, that's dealing with the Multiverse, can't we just say it was some alternate Roma?
    I'm not sure there are alternate Romas. She was passing herself off as THE OtherWorld Roma, Ominiversal whatever. It's absolutely canon to X-Men (until it isn't, like everything else).
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

I think you're misremembering history. The Krakoan incursion started in Morgan Le Fay holy scrying pool first(probably Apocalypse trying to get into Otherworld). If we look with hindsight, Betsy been a pawn in all this, since the beginning. The moment Apocalypse knew he couldn't break through on his own. Brian would never agree to help Apocalypse, Betsy may have been initially cautious, but turns out easily manipulated by Apocalypse. Jamie could fulfil the same role as Betsy, but is too much of a wild card.

This is why Betsy is a terrible choice for Captain Britain given the current Krakoa climate. She put the needs of Krakoa/Mutants before the needs of Otherworld/UK. Everything she's done so far has furthered Apocalypse's goals.
    This discussion makes her storyline sound so much more interesting lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    This discussion makes her storyline sound so much more interesting lol.
    Which is why Betsy is Captain Britain. She’s not just some lacky like Brian.

It’s good she is in this position to put mutants/Krakoa first. Her brother didn’t have much interest in helping out his sister or her people.