Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
  1. #1
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    87

    Default So who is Saturnyne?

    I'm relatively new to all this but I do casually follow things - however, I'd never really gotten into the Captain Britain universe and have no idea who she is (barring some initial reads on the wiki pages). When I first saw her in this Hickman run, I legitimately thought she was Emma Frost, as the artist draws them with the same face and hair, along with the same mannerisms and attitudes, only context and more conservative clothing help me distinguish the two. I've gathered that she's a regular human who is now the Magistrix, but her powers seemed to be surprisingly strong (is she as strong or stronger than Doctor Strange?). I would like to hear more from those who are more familiar with the character.

  2. #2
    eXpat Odd Rödney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Krakoa
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix. She sits at the throne of the place between all universes, a place called Otherworld. She is the boss-lady of the Captain Britain Corps and is responsible for maintaining order for the entire Omniverse. I think the only person like, above her in this weird hierarchy is Merlyn.
    Pull List: X of Swords - X-Men - X-Force - X-Factor - New Mutants - Marauders - Hellions - Excalibur - Wolverine - Juggernaut - Deadpool - Cable

    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Xavier midlife crisis-ing with his "I feel yummy" black unitard and fancy new head porsche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Jason Aaron is a hack who's been writing her as hulk but tits in avengers, and now everyone has to work around that.

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I'm relatively new to all this but I do casually follow things - however, I'd never really gotten into the Captain Britain universe and have no idea who she is (barring some initial reads on the wiki pages). When I first saw her in this Hickman run, I legitimately thought she was Emma Frost, as the artist draws them with the same face and hair, along with the same mannerisms and attitudes, only context and more conservative clothing help me distinguish the two. I've gathered that she's a regular human who is now the Magistrix, but her powers seemed to be surprisingly strong (is she as strong or stronger than Doctor Strange?). I would like to hear more from those who are more familiar with the character.

    Emma Frost's biggest fashion fan
    OP characters make me itch

  4. #4
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix. She sits at the throne of the place between all universes, a place called Otherworld. She is the boss-lady of the Captain Britain Corps and is responsible for maintaining order for the entire Omniverse. I think the only person like, above her in this weird hierarchy is Merlyn.
    It was Mrlyn until he died, and then it was Roma, until (presumably) she died. Now She's not just the Majestrix, but the Omniversal Guardian, which explains her sudden jump up in power.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Emma Frost's biggest fashion fan
    To be fair, the first version of Saturnyne (Courtney) predates Emma by like, I think 5 years.

  6. #6
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It was Mrlyn until he died, and then it was Roma, until (presumably) she died. Now She's not just the Majestrix, but the Omniversal Guardian, which explains her sudden jump up in power.
    Merlyn never died, he just gave up so he could manipulate Excalibur into defeating Necrom and when that was done, he let Roma stay in charge. Then House of M happened and he was driven insane by it and was branded the apostate by Roma, prompting him to go to a resurrected Jim Jaspers and wipe out the Captain Britain Corps while also killing Roma. Sage took all of Roma's knowledge while Merlyn went off into exile. It seems Jim Jaspers, Roma and Merlyn are back but somehow subservient to Saturnyne, except that makes no sense given that they're much more powerful than she is.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Merlyn never died, he just gave up so he could manipulate Excalibur into defeating Necrom and when that was done, he let Roma stay in charge. Then House of M happened and he was driven insane by it and was branded the apostate by Roma, prompting him to go to a resurrected Jim Jaspers and wipe out the Captain Britain Corps while also killing Roma. Sage took all of Roma's knowledge while Merlyn went off into exile. It seems Jim Jaspers, Roma and Merlyn are back but somehow subservient to Saturnyne, except that makes no sense given that they're much more powerful than she is.
    Far as I know, there's nothing currently suggesting Roma is still alive and Merlyn died in a Dr. Strange book. Most of your stuffs knowledge seems to end at like New Exiles, which is 11 years ago. I use died loosely, cause there's a Merlyn jumping around who is technically dead and not dead.

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Far as I know, there's nothing currently suggesting Roma is still alive and Merlyn died in a Dr. Strange book. Most of your stuffs knowledge seems to end at like New Exiles, which is 11 years ago. I use died loosely, cause there's a Merlyn jumping around who is technically dead and not dead.
    The data page in X of Swords: Creation is what suggests they're all alive, as for Merlyn, I pulled that out of the database. I've only read up until Die By the Sword and I don't think Roma's appeared past that.

  9. #9

    Default

    Roma reappeared alive in some Spider-verse comic IIRC.

  10. #10
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Roma reappeared alive in some Spider-verse comic IIRC.

  11. #11
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Roma reappeared alive in some Spider-verse comic IIRC.
    Is... is that even canon to the X-Men? I mean, that's dealing with the Multiverse, can't we just say it was some alternate Roma?

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Magic space multyverse emma frost with booty powere unlike emmas boob power

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Is... is that even canon to the X-Men? I mean, that's dealing with the Multiverse, can't we just say it was some alternate Roma?
    I think she was supposed to be the real real. Both Roma and Saturnyne were at Otherworld/Starlight Citadel talking about the incursions from Time Runs Out/Secret Wars. I guess we'll have to assume Roma's been hanging out off-screen ever since.

  14. #14
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,139

    Default

    Can any Excalibur Experts fill us in on what the difference is between Saturnyne, Sat-Yr-9, and Courtney Ross? I've always found the three so confusing.

  15. #15
    Amazing Member braddocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Courtney Ross is from 616 - she was Brian Braddock’s uni girlfriend.
    Sat-Yr-9 is the ruler of a fascist earth. She found a way to 616 and killed Courtney Ross in order to impersonate her.
    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix, one of the guardians of the omniverse, residing in Otherworld.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •