Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default So who is Saturnyne?

I'm relatively new to all this but I do casually follow things - however, I'd never really gotten into the Captain Britain universe and have no idea who she is (barring some initial reads on the wiki pages). When I first saw her in this Hickman run, I legitimately thought she was Emma Frost, as the artist draws them with the same face and hair, along with the same mannerisms and attitudes, only context and more conservative clothing help me distinguish the two. I've gathered that she's a regular human who is now the Magistrix, but her powers seemed to be surprisingly strong (is she as strong or stronger than Doctor Strange?). I would like to hear more from those who are more familiar with the character.

Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix. She sits at the throne of the place between all universes, a place called Otherworld. She is the boss-lady of the Captain Britain Corps and is responsible for maintaining order for the entire Omniverse. I think the only person like, above her in this weird hierarchy is Merlyn.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I'm relatively new to all this but I do casually follow things - however, I'd never really gotten into the Captain Britain universe and have no idea who she is (barring some initial reads on the wiki pages). When I first saw her in this Hickman run, I legitimately thought she was Emma Frost, as the artist draws them with the same face and hair, along with the same mannerisms and attitudes, only context and more conservative clothing help me distinguish the two. I've gathered that she's a regular human who is now the Magistrix, but her powers seemed to be surprisingly strong (is she as strong or stronger than Doctor Strange?). I would like to hear more from those who are more familiar with the character.

Emma Frost's biggest fashion fan
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix. She sits at the throne of the place between all universes, a place called Otherworld. She is the boss-lady of the Captain Britain Corps and is responsible for maintaining order for the entire Omniverse. I think the only person like, above her in this weird hierarchy is Merlyn.
    It was Mrlyn until he died, and then it was Roma, until (presumably) she died. Now She's not just the Majestrix, but the Omniversal Guardian, which explains her sudden jump up in power.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Emma Frost's biggest fashion fan
    To be fair, the first version of Saturnyne (Courtney) predates Emma by like, I think 5 years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    It was Mrlyn until he died, and then it was Roma, until (presumably) she died. Now She's not just the Majestrix, but the Omniversal Guardian, which explains her sudden jump up in power.
    Merlyn never died, he just gave up so he could manipulate Excalibur into defeating Necrom and when that was done, he let Roma stay in charge. Then House of M happened and he was driven insane by it and was branded the apostate by Roma, prompting him to go to a resurrected Jim Jaspers and wipe out the Captain Britain Corps while also killing Roma. Sage took all of Roma's knowledge while Merlyn went off into exile. It seems Jim Jaspers, Roma and Merlyn are back but somehow subservient to Saturnyne, except that makes no sense given that they're much more powerful than she is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Merlyn never died, he just gave up so he could manipulate Excalibur into defeating Necrom and when that was done, he let Roma stay in charge. Then House of M happened and he was driven insane by it and was branded the apostate by Roma, prompting him to go to a resurrected Jim Jaspers and wipe out the Captain Britain Corps while also killing Roma. Sage took all of Roma's knowledge while Merlyn went off into exile. It seems Jim Jaspers, Roma and Merlyn are back but somehow subservient to Saturnyne, except that makes no sense given that they're much more powerful than she is.
    Far as I know, there's nothing currently suggesting Roma is still alive and Merlyn died in a Dr. Strange book. Most of your stuffs knowledge seems to end at like New Exiles, which is 11 years ago. I use died loosely, cause there's a Merlyn jumping around who is technically dead and not dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Far as I know, there's nothing currently suggesting Roma is still alive and Merlyn died in a Dr. Strange book. Most of your stuffs knowledge seems to end at like New Exiles, which is 11 years ago. I use died loosely, cause there's a Merlyn jumping around who is technically dead and not dead.
    The data page in X of Swords: Creation is what suggests they're all alive, as for Merlyn, I pulled that out of the database. I've only read up until Die By the Sword and I don't think Roma's appeared past that.

Roma reappeared alive in some Spider-verse comic IIRC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Is... is that even canon to the X-Men? I mean, that's dealing with the Multiverse, can't we just say it was some alternate Roma?

Astonishing Member

Magic space multyverse emma frost with booty powere unlike emmas boob power

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Is... is that even canon to the X-Men? I mean, that's dealing with the Multiverse, can't we just say it was some alternate Roma?
    I think she was supposed to be the real real. Both Roma and Saturnyne were at Otherworld/Starlight Citadel talking about the incursions from Time Runs Out/Secret Wars. I guess we'll have to assume Roma's been hanging out off-screen ever since.

Can any Excalibur Experts fill us in on what the difference is between Saturnyne, Sat-Yr-9, and Courtney Ross? I've always found the three so confusing.

Courtney Ross is from 616 - she was Brian Braddock’s uni girlfriend.
    Sat-Yr-9 is the ruler of a fascist earth. She found a way to 616 and killed Courtney Ross in order to impersonate her.
    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix, one of the guardians of the omniverse, residing in Otherworld.