Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Can any Excalibur Experts fill us in on what the difference is between Saturnyne, Sat-Yr-9, and Courtney Ross? I've always found the three so confusing.
    They are all alternate reality versions of the same woman, Saturnyne Earth-9, Sat-Yr-9 Earth-794, Ross Earth 616. Although Courtney wasn't originally meant to be the 616 counterpart to them, she was just Brian's ex-girlfriend. Sat-Yr-9 killed and replaced Courtney pretty early in Excalibur and AFAIK has been impersonating her ever since.

I've always been partial to Sat-Yr-9 as she was in the first Excalibur issue I've ever read. Also, because of her fierce ass hairstyle:

But I wonder, are all the versions of Saturnyne as powerful as the one we see in Swords of X?

Extraordinary Member

Do a lot of people not know about this website??

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Opal_...nyne_(Earth-9)

Astonishing Member

Monet's lunch.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I've always been partial to Sat-Yr-9 as she was in the first Excalibur issue I've ever read. Also, because of her fierce ass hairstyle:

But I wonder, are all the versions of Saturnyne as powerful as the one we see in Swords of X?
    Would love to see Linda (Captain UK) again.
    Sat-Yr-9 was such a mad bitch, I’ll always remember her crouching on the bodies of her guards then the sentient bacteria Pandora eats them.
    The Delano stories weren’t quite as harrowing as the Alan Moore stuff (you could see where Alan would go with later in work such as Marvelman and V) but there were still nightmare inducing moments, such as Kaptain Briton attempting to rape Betsy while in another dimension, Sat-Yr-9 rapes Brian.

These were the first Marvel comics I ever read and even 40 years on the stories stay with me.

This is my favourite Sat-Yr-9 picture.

4807E111-5F05-41B9-BE78-55213728293A.jpg

Astonishing Member

She's a duller version of Sat-Yr-9.

so what exactly is her power? From what i've read she's just a human who somehow using her wits got her into the high position she's in but it says nothing about power or if she even has any. In the latest X-Men book she stops everyeone in place on the battlefield and they can't move, but how did she do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Saturnyne is the Omniversal Majestrix. She sits at the throne of the place between all universes, a place called Otherworld. She is the boss-lady of the Captain Britain Corps and is responsible for maintaining order for the entire Omniverse. I think the only person like, above her in this weird hierarchy is Merlyn.
    It would be nice if this was explained in X of Swords because I don't know much of anything about her at all and apparently she is really important. Also is Arakko/Amenth IN otherworld? Can somebody in otherworld walk over to Arakko? I don't get it.

If so then why didn't the mutants go looking for help somewhere else? These otherworld stuff is confusing. Its the biggest hiccup in X of Swords.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    so what exactly is her power? From what i've read she's just a human who somehow using her wits got her into the high position she's in but it says nothing about power or if she even has any. In the latest X-Men book she stops everyeone in place on the battlefield and they can't move, but how did she do it?
    Sat-yr-9 seems to have some level of telepathic persuasion power. Courtney was human. Saturnyne is seemingly magical. Another Saturnyne-parallel, Sa’tneen, was the Sorceress Supreme of her world.

Spectacular Member

thanks for all the replies - it's really informative.

Her powerset is kind of unclear, only that she has godly powers. I thought she was just a human but how can she counter telepathy, and even use it back in time? (saw in a video, that she was able to communicate with Cable and Rachel via Banshees memories).

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    thanks for all the replies - it's really informative.

Her powerset is kind of unclear, only that she has godly powers. I thought she was just a human but how can she counter telepathy, and even use it back in time? (saw in a video, that she was able to communicate with Cable and Rachel via Banshees memories).
    Yes it's definitely unclear to me still even with all the responses, exactly what her powers are. Even in the comics or her bios anywhere they don't specify. Hell some of them don't even have an abilities section for her lol

Saturnyne doesn’t usually have powers.
    She often used a gun in OG Excalibur.

However, it’s likely that with her new role as sole ruler of Otherworld, she’s been able to tap into power previously wielded by Roma and Merlin

Astonishing Member

Hickman kind of burned Marvel’s cosmic hierarchy to the ground in time runs out (and subsequent writers tend to shred whatever rebuilds to make some kind of point), so Saturyne having Merlyn’s old power out of nowhere isn’t so surprising

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    It would be nice if this was explained in X of Swords because I don't know much of anything about her at all and apparently she is really important. Also is Arakko/Amenth IN otherworld? Can somebody in otherworld walk over to Arakko? I don't get it.

If so then why didn't the mutants go looking for help somewhere else? These otherworld stuff is confusing. Its the biggest hiccup in X of Swords.
    From my understanding Otherworld works in a very similar way to Thor's realms with the Starlight Citadel sitting as the center of all of Otherworld. As for why Apocalypse didn't ask the other residents of Otherworld for help? Well he's Apocalypse lol and up until the point his children literally stabbed him in the back he had no idea how dire situation in Arrako was. But even if he had this is apocalypse were talking about he's arrogant to a fault I have no doubt that he believe the mutants are more than capable of fending for themselves.

Im confused by her. With the blonde dopplegangers from Excalibur, I thought Saty-9-ne was the bad one and Saturnyne was benevolent but she is coming across evil here