Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused by her. With the blonde dopplegangers from Excalibur, I thought Saty-9-ne was the bad one and Saturnyne was benevolent but she is coming across evil here
    I wouldn't call her "benevolent". She's basically Emma without the fake hair colour and accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I wouldn't call her "benevolent". She's basically Emma without the fake hair colour and accent.
    How does she differ than from Satyr-9 bc I thought thats how that character was

I think the comparison to modern Emma is apt. Saturnyne has always been a pragmatist. She wouldn't hesitate to destroy an entire universe if it threatened the wider multiverse. She's going to do things that ruffle feathers to ensure the safety of others as well as maintain her position of authority. She's always been a complicated combo of altruism/self serving, but she's never been an all out mustache twirling villain like Satyr-9, who is your stereotypical villain motivated by world domination.
    Last edited by Saturius; 09-25-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Im confused by her. With the blonde dopplegangers from Excalibur, I thought Saty-9-ne was the bad one and Saturnyne was benevolent but she is coming across evil here
    ‘Benevolent’ would be pushing it in the extreme. While she’s had moments of humanity and is working towards the greater good, she’s a manipulative bitch and cosmic CEO on a breathtaking scale

There is also the issue that was good for the Omniverse as a whole (Saturyne’s job) won’t necessarily line up with what’s good for Mutantdom, especially for mutants from the cosmic dumpster fire that is 616

How does she differ than from Satyr-9 bc I thought thats how that character was
    Satyr-9 is basically Emma, but with added traits like killing animals and raping an AU version of your boyfriend...Oh, wait.

I think the comparison to modern Emma is apt. Saturnyne has always been a pragmatist. She wouldn't hesitate to destroy an entire dimension if it threatened the wider multiverse. She's going to do things that ruffle feathers to ensure safety as well as maintain her position of authority. But she's never been an all out mustache twirling villain like Satyr-9, who is your stereotypical villain motivated by world domination
    She even shares Emma's homewrecking ways, she's not as successful at it though:

But points for having the gall to do that at the couple's wedding.

Satyr-9 is basically Emma, but with added traits like killing animals and raping an AU version of your boyfriend...Oh, wait.

so they arent really different?

As convoluted and confusing Satyr-9’s history and existence is, she deserves proper credit being like what the fourth or fifth woman to help awaken Kitty’s queerness (Following Emma, Illyana and Rachel).

C8594CC6-A8E2-4ACA-BF07-230E45904559.jpg
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    As convoluted and confusing Satyr-9’s history and existence is, she deserves proper credit being like what the fourth or fifth woman to help awaken Kitty’s queerness (Following Emma, Illyana and Rachel).

C8594CC6-A8E2-4ACA-BF07-230E45904559.jpg
    She's like 14 there and that could easily straddle the line of pedophilia

so they arent really different?
    Think of Satyr-9 as Claremont's Emma and of Saturnyne as Morrison's. Same thing but with different levels of b*tchiness.

Think of Satyr-9 as Claremont's Emma and of Saturnyne as Morrison's. Same thing but with different levels of b*tchiness.
    Gotcha. Makes more sense. I need to see the both of them in the same room as current Emma at the same time. Jean, Rachel, Maddie, what?

She's like 14 there and that could easily straddle the line of pedophilia
    Add that to the other reasons Satyr-9 is flat out evil, even besides all the genocidal tendencies and apparently the adultery and animal cruelty acts. She just checks off every box!
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Spectacular Member

She even shares Emma's homewrecking ways, she's not as successful at it though:

But points for having the gall to do that at the couple's wedding.
    Who is the Bride here? Is the Groom Brian Braddock?

Also, in the current X of Swords, I was really shocked at how bigoted she is. You would thing a being like her would have experience with superpowered beings, but she's really bigoted towards Betsy. While she may have a point that hate wins out - she herself is allowing it within herself so it's quite hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    Who is the Bride here? Is the Groom Brian Braddock?

Also, in the current X of Swords, I was really shocked at how bigoted she is. You would thing a being like her would have experience with superpowered beings, but she's really bigoted towards Betsy. While she may have a point that hate wins out - she herself is allowing it within herself so it's quite hypocritical.
    Meggan Braddock is the bride.

Also she's not bigoted! She just doesn't respect Betsy as Captain Britain because she thinks she deserves the role. Saturnyne also explains that in the multiverse, everytime a mutant takes the role it eventually goes wrong. Beside since Krakoa became a nation, which Besty is a proud member of, how can she possibly be Captain Britain. She can't swear allegiance to United Kingdom/Otherworld and Krakoa, it's one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Meggan Braddock is the bride.

Also she's not bigoted! She just doesn't respect Betsy as Captain Britain because she thinks she deserves the role. Saturnyne also explains that in the multiverse, everytime a mutant takes the role it eventually goes wrong. Beside since Krakoa became a nation, which Besty is a proud member of, how can she possibly be Captain Britain. She can't swear allegiance to United Kingdom/Otherworld and Krakoa, it's one or the other.
    Ever since taking on the position, Betsy has been dedicated to her role as Captain Britian. Honestly Krakoa has taken a backseat to that. I think she's doing just fine and hasnt been torn, especially since She doesnt really have an important role or position of power on Krakoa

Ever since taking on the position, Betsy has been dedicated to her role as Captain Britian. Honestly Krakoa has taken a backseat to that. I think she's doing just fine and hasnt been torn, especially since She doesnt really have an important role or position of power on Krakoa
    It's not about Betsy dedication to the role. As Saturnyne put it, "The role of Captain Britain is about more than who is willing to do it. You can't just pick up the medallion and swear to serve people who don't want you." The other point Saturnyne makes is that mutants are no popular right now, eventually this hate will bubble over and Betsy will have to make a choice between UK/Otherworld and Krakoa. That is not a situation any Captain Britain should ever be in.