Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    It's not about Betsy dedication to the role. As Saturnyne put it, "The role of Captain Britain is about more than who is willing to do it. You can't just pick up the medallion and swear to serve people who don't want you." The other point Saturnyne makes is that mutants are no popular right now, eventually this hate will bubble over and Betsy will have to make a choice between UK/Otherworld and Krakoa. That is not a situation any Captain Britain should ever be in.
    I understand your point and Havoc83's point - but I do feel like her tone with her is very mean. She could be a bit more understanding while getting the same point across. That and she just refers to her as witchbreed, feels like a slur - and even if it's not she could still address her as Betsy/Elizabeth/Captain Britain instead to be more respectful. That's why I feel like she's being biased towards her, or at the very least, rude and condescending.

BANNED

Brian Braddock was also much more easily manipulated than Elizabeth Braddock is. By the time Betsy became Captain Britain for the second time, she was a much better fighter than Brian. There going to be issues between Betsy and Saturnyne, yes. But that’s what makes it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
    I understand your point and Havoc83's point - but I do feel like her tone with her is very mean. She could be a bit more understanding while getting the same point across. That and she just refers to her as witchbreed, feels like a slur - and even if it's not she could still address her as Betsy/Elizabeth/Captain Britain instead to be more respectful. That's why I feel like she's being biased towards her, or at the very least, rude and condescending.
    To be fair this is how the Saturnyne character has been since the beginning. Always above others, never below, so she has no respect for you. Also I've noticed that Tini Howard is the only Author insisting on using witchbreed, which probably is a slur in the Excalibur books. Not once did I see it used Jonathan Hickman use it in the X of Swords Creation book. Maybe he noticed the folly of two people with the title of witch(Morgan Le Fey & Saturnyne) calling others witchbreed. Just seems like vein attempt to push racism in an X book.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Brian Braddock was also much more easily manipulated than Elizabeth Braddock is. By the time Betsy became Captain Britain for the second time, she was a much better fighter than Brian. There going to be issues between Betsy and Saturnyne, yes. But that’s what makes it interesting.
    Of all the points to make Read the new Excalibur title and talk to me again about easily manipulated.

All-New Member

I think there is an automatic level of bitterness there towards Betsy from Satty because of her feelings for Brian. Satty still hasn't given up hope that our Bri-boy will come runnin. And now-how dare Pop-Tart take on the mantle...again. Plus, Betsy doesn't put up with her stank and she knows it.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mykle1616 View Post
    I think there is an automatic level of bitterness there towards Betsy from Satty because of her feelings for Brian. Satty still hasn't given up hope that our Bri-boy will come runnin. And now-how dare Pop-Tart take on the mantle...again. Plus, Betsy doesn't put up with her stank and she knows it.
    Pop-Tart? what do you mean by that.

So Saturnyne was looking kinda rough in her first appearance

Incredible Member

They should explain why Merlyn and Mad Jim Jaspers are in her Foul Courts, given that those two are multiverse level threats that she's tried to eradicate just for existing in Die By the Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    They should explain why Merlyn and Mad Jim Jaspers are in her Foul Courts, given that those two are multiverse level threats that she's tried to eradicate just for existing in Die By the Sword.
    Assume anything you ever knew about Otherworld and Otherworld connected character has gone out of the window! Major retcons have been happening since the start of Excalibur.

This annoying old lady seemed too full of herself.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

All-New Member

Frostfire- Satty likes to think she's the best thing the multiverse ever begat so I used Pop-Tart as her way of how I'd see her thinking of Betsy...a tart who doesn't know her place so to speak. Kinda a joking nod to how uppity Betts can be when she remembers her brit heritage. I'm still on the fence on Satty and Emma meeting. It's either gonna be besties for life or all out war. Heh heh heh

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    To be fair this is how the Saturnyne character has been since the beginning. Always above others, never below, so she has no respect for you. Also I've noticed that Tini Howard is the only Author insisting on using witchbreed, which probably is a slur in the Excalibur books. Not once did I see it used Jonathan Hickman use it in the X of Swords Creation book. Maybe he noticed the folly of two people with the title of witch(Morgan Le Fey & Saturnyne) calling others witchbreed. Just seems like vein attempt to push racism in an X book.
    Witchebreed does pop up in X of Swords

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drexelhand View Post
    Personally I doubt that Saturnyne is capable of just getting rid of Merlyn and Mad Jim Jaspers as Die By the Sword showed they are capable a putting up a very good fight against the Starlight Citadel and the Captain Britain Corp so I doubt Saturnyne and her priestesses could put up a better fight without the Captain Britain Corp especially since she could't just get rid of Morgan Le Fay when she attacked so she likely has to put up with them for now though I am sure she has plans to get rid of them in the long term.
    Last edited by Tasuxeda; 09-27-2020 at 03:50 AM.

Secret Wars destroyed Otherworld and the multiverse, there are rules that we cannot be sure will hold since Reed Richards rebuilt it.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Witchebreed does pop up in X of Swords
    Where would that be, I might have missed it. Considering X of Swords starts with X Of Swords:Creation.