Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll pick this one up for sure. I loved the Rebirth Era. Sups, his supporting cast, and his world were the best they have been in decades during Rebirth (far better than during the thankfully ending soon "Bendis" Era), IMO. This is an easy buy from where I stand, great news indeed.
    Yeah, I've picked up all of Bendis' Superman stuff mostly because I've been on the books since Rebirth but also because I'm cool with the guys at my LCS and didn't want to drop them unless I had something to replace them with. I can't say it's bad though - but that's because I haven't read the last like twelve issues of either book...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I swear I felt a minor full-body spasm when I saw "highlighting socially relevant issues". Is it talking about the two issue monologue to Jon on Our Troops, Superman saving Apokolips by giving the Hunger Dogs a lecture about America, or Bizarro being a child abuser?
    I liked the Bizarroverse Rules being used for that bit - if in our reality (because, of course) Superman is a good dad ... then of course Bizarro, at least the one from the flip-flop-verse, must not be great at it. That doesn't make him the worst ... that's got to be your Earth-3 or Anti-Earth variation. But fixable. Bizarro is always broken but can be fixed. The cracked reflection. And I liked mustache-twirling Damian who for some reason has a mustache. I have to imagine that in the Bizarro-Earth ... Batzarro is a FANTASTIC dad.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I liked the Bizarroverse Rules being used for that bit - if in our reality (because, of course) Superman is a good dad ... then of course Bizarro, at least the one from the flip-flop-verse, must not be great at it. That doesn't make him the worst ... that's got to be your Earth-3 or Anti-Earth variation. But fixable. Bizarro is always broken but can be fixed. The cracked reflection. And I liked mustache-twirling Damian who for some reason has a mustache. I have to imagine that in the Bizarro-Earth ... Batzarro is a FANTASTIC dad.
    The way I see it is that Ultraman would be an absolutely abusive father, Clark is the good dad and Bizarro is someone who just has no business being one. There's nothing malicious there, he's just a moron and not fit to be a father but there's no malicious intent. I know a guy who has made a goal of having 15 children because he thinks he can do it and that's who I think of with respect to Bizarro; someone not fit to guide anyone, and yet, they procreated. And now everyone involved must suffer for it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The way I see it is that Ultraman would be an absolutely abusive father, Clark is the good dad and Bizarro is someone who just has no business being one.
    Actually, bizzaro had a family in silverage before superman.i remember reading those. It was fun.
    Ultraman was just a lost soul in a dark world who needed guidance from a loving son like jon in Bendis's comics.He was sensitive and cried a lot.The plight of the man was truly tragic. Lol!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-29-2020 at 12:33 AM.

Here's the Superman Rebirth Omnibus cover by Patrick Gleason posted today by Peter Tomasi. Afraid CBR won't let me post the full image so if someone else knows how to do this, please feel free to do so because this is a damn gorgeous cover by Gleason:

Edit: Never mind I figured out how to do it. Here's the official cover for the omnibus:

Last edited by Lvenger; 03-01-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Here's the Superman Rebirth Omnibus cover by Patrick Gleason posted today by Peter Tomasi. Afraid CBR won't let me post the full image so if someone else knows how to do this, please feel free to do so because this is a damn gorgeous cover by Gleason:

Edit: Never mind I figured out how to do it. Here's the official cover for the omnibus:

I mean it's honest. Jon comes first and Lois is kind of absent.

It's a pretty cover. I miss Gleason at DC.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Gleason said he didn't put lois on the cover because he wanted the cover to be a companion piece to the batman and robin omnibus cover, which had bruce and damian.

DragonPiece has already answered your query with what I was going to tell you. I think Gleason considered adding Lois, but he decided to mirror his Batman & Robin omnibus cover. Similar to how Jim Lee replicated his Batman #608 cover with Superman on the cover of Superman #204.

And yeah it's a very pretty cover for sure. I loved Gleason's work at DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    DragonPiece has already answered your query with what I was going to tell you. I think Gleason considered adding Lois, but he decided to mirror his Batman & Robin omnibus cover. Similar to how Jim Lee replicated his Batman #608 cover with Superman on the cover of Superman #204.

And yeah it's a very pretty cover for sure. I loved Gleason's work at DC.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Gleason said he didn't put lois on the cover because he wanted the cover to be a companion piece to the batman and robin omnibus cover, which had bruce and damian.
    That makes sense, but I think putting Lois there is stronger for the image given it contrasts Clark's family to Bruce's while still being a companion piece. Ah well.

Just a forewarning to you guys, my Morrison Action Omnibus has one page with no dialogue on it (which annoyed the hell out of me, c’mon DC how do you miss that?). The Collections Dept seems to have been hard hit by the layoffs so if you’re paying full price for this Omni I would maybe wait and make sure DC didn’t screw anything up first before paying.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just a forewarning to you guys, my Morrison Action Omnibus has one page with no dialogue on it (which annoyed the hell out of me, c’mon DC how do you miss that?). The Collections Dept seems to have been hard hit by the layoffs so if you’re paying full price for this Omni I would maybe wait and make sure DC didn’t screw anything up first before paying.
    This is not new for them. It happened in the JLI Volume 1 Omnibus several years ago. Something of a tradition with DC omnis. They don't all make it out beautifully.

I get all my omnis at instocktrades/DCBS for 42-50% off so it helps soften the blow when that happens.

This is not new for them. It happened in the JLI Volume 1 Omnibus several years ago. Something of a tradition with DC omnis. They don't all make it out beautifully.

I get all my omnis at instocktrades/DCBS for 42-50% off so it helps soften the blow when that happens.
    I’ve only started getting into omnis recently so it was the first time it happened to me. Do they send out fixed reprints when it does happen or just give people the finger?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’ve only started getting into omnis recently so it was the first time it happened to me. Do they send out fixed reprints when it does happen or just give people the finger?
    They send out reprints for the cover price, if you catch my meaning. You're stuck with a bum copy, as am I on JLI. The fixed ones don't usually get a new cover either, just a new ISBN so you have to be very particular when buying (and I'd recommend doing so in person to be sure). Sorry bud. This is why I get mine cheap.

They send out reprints for the cover price, if you catch my meaning. You're stuck with a bum copy, as am I on JLI. The fixed ones don't usually get a new cover either, just a new ISBN so you have to be very particular when buying (and I'd recommend doing so in person to be sure). Sorry bud. This is why I get mine cheap.
    Makes sense. Dunno if I could buy in person, my LCS doesn’t stock omnis. Guess I’ll just have to keep an eye out for news on when/if a fix reprint occurs.

Makes sense. Dunno if I could buy in person, my LCS doesn’t stock omnis. Guess I’ll just have to keep an eye out for news on when/if a fix reprint occurs.
    You could ask them to get that specific ISBN if your LCS is cool.