Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman Rebirth Omnibus announced for May 2021

https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Toma...s%2C253&sr=1-3

From the New York Times bestselling creative team of Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason, the emblematic Superman stories from the DC Rebirth era are collected for the first time in a hardcover omnibus!

The fan-favorite and critically acclaimed Superman series by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason honors the legacy of the iconic Man of Steel, all while innovating and highlighting socially relevant issues within the adventures of Superman and his villains.

A popular Superman run from the creative duo of Tomasi and Gleason, this DC Rebirth era Superman omnibus celebrates and explores all facets of the Superman mythos. Jam-packed with action, adventure, and heartfelt moments, this collection features the storylines "Son of Superman," "Bizarroverse," "Super Sons of Tomorrow," the "Never-Ending Battle" in Action Comics #1000, and much more!

Collects Superman: Rebirth #1, Superman #1-39, Superman #42-45, Teen Titans #15, Action Comics #975-976, Action Comics #1000, Super Sons #11-12, and Superman Annual #1.
    I think this makes the third Superman omnibus that will be released next year after Bryne and Morrison's respective omnibuses. It's about time this stellar Superman run got the omnibus treatment.
    Last edited by Lvenger; 03-01-2021 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/Superman-Toma...s%2C253&sr=1-3

I think this makes the third Superman omnibus that will be released next year after Bryne and Morrison's respective omnibuses. It's about time this stellar Superman run got the omnibus treatment.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I swear I felt a minor full-body spasm when I saw "highlighting socially relevant issues". Is it talking about the two issue monologue to Jon on Our Troops, Superman saving Apokolips by giving the Hunger Dogs a lecture about America, or Bizarro being a child abuser?
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 09-24-2020 at 03:51 PM.
    Buh-bye

I’ll probably pick this up down the line, given that I’m still fond of the run as a whole even if I don’t hold to the same esteem as others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I swear I felt a minor full-body spasm when I saw "highlighting socially relevant issues". Is it talking about the two issue monologue to Jon on Our Troops, Superman saving Apokolips by giving the Hunger Dogs a lecture about America, or Bizarro being a child abuser?
    They’re referring to your favorite page of course

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ll probably pick this up down the line, given that I’m still fond of the run as a whole even if I don’t hold to the same esteem as others.

Hot damn that page is so bad.

There were bits of this run that I swear were borderline offensive.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

People can hate the superman stuff. But for me, more supersons is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hot damn that page is so bad.

There were bits of this run that I swear were borderline offensive.
    I must be missing something. I thought that whole exchange was alright. A little heavy handed but nothing I wouldn't expect from either of them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

God, this is so dumb...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    I liked the Bizarroverse Rules being used for that bit - if in our reality (because, of course) Superman is a good dad ... then of course Bizarro, at least the one from the flip-flop-verse, must not be great at it. That doesn't make him the worst ... that's got to be your Earth-3 or Anti-Earth variation. But fixable. Bizarro is always broken but can be fixed. The cracked reflection. And I liked mustache-twirling Damian who for some reason has a mustache. I have to imagine that in the Bizarro-Earth ... Batzarro is a FANTASTIC dad.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I liked the Bizarroverse Rules being used for that bit - if in our reality (because, of course) Superman is a good dad ... then of course Bizarro, at least the one from the flip-flop-verse, must not be great at it. That doesn't make him the worst ... that's got to be your Earth-3 or Anti-Earth variation. But fixable. Bizarro is always broken but can be fixed. The cracked reflection. And I liked mustache-twirling Damian who for some reason has a mustache. I have to imagine that in the Bizarro-Earth ... Batzarro is a FANTASTIC dad.
    The way I see it is that Ultraman would be an absolutely abusive father, Clark is the good dad and Bizarro is someone who just has no business being one. There's nothing malicious there, he's just a moron and not fit to be a father but there's no malicious intent. I know a guy who has made a goal of having 15 children because he thinks he can do it and that's who I think of with respect to Bizarro; someone not fit to guide anyone, and yet, they procreated. And now everyone involved must suffer for it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    The way I see it is that Ultraman would be an absolutely abusive father, Clark is the good dad and Bizarro is someone who just has no business being one.
    Actually, bizzaro had a family in silverage before superman.i remember reading those. It was fun.
    Ultraman was just a lost soul in a dark world who needed guidance from a loving son like jon in Bendis's comics.He was sensitive and cried a lot.The plight of the man was truly tragic. Lol!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-29-2020 at 12:33 AM.