Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah so it's a direct continuation. Guess I'll have to pick up all the related issues then, whether or not I'm collecting each series... Stuff like X-Factor and Marauders don't really interest me at all.

Oh well.

They better bring back Rockslide first, before the poison killing Rictor screws up to the resurrection system.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

There are also other mutants that are able to handle the disease like:
    Host (pathogen)
    Microbe (Zachary Smith)
    Apocalypse's past horsemen (pestilence) can help too but I'm not sure if they've been resurrected.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I thought that whoever touched the person hit by the hoserman's arrow also died.
    Maybe Pestilence used a different disease on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They better bring back Rockslide first, before the poison killing Rictor screws up to the resurrection system.
    Doesn't that depend on what ever Rockslide is actualy confirmed dead? They would need to go back there, search for his psychic spirit and confirm, "yep he is gone for good" before they can bring him back. He allready was able to reform himself from rocks in Limbo after all.

And while Summoner knew his weakness, it doesn't mean he actualy killed him. He could have just cleaved his body and took his mind prisoner. They allready did with Unus.

Kind of a problem when you have people who only exist as psychic beings that form physical bodies around themself. When are they actualy dead for real and when is their body just destroyed and their spirit floating around trying to re-assemble.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-24-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Amazing Member

What if the person being reborn on the cover is Rockslide but the resurrection process brought him back as his human form? I think the psychic human figure inside the rock body in the panel of him being cut in half may be foreshadowing a different version of Rockslide. This would be weird but kind of a fun subplot.

How would they bring him back in his rock form? He has no DNA, just made up of random rocks around him.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post
    What if the person being reborn on the cover is Rockslide but the resurrection process brought him back as his human form? I think the psychic human figure inside the rock body in the panel of him being cut in half may be foreshadowing a different version of Rockslide. This would be weird but kind of a fun subplot.

How would they bring him back in his rock form? He has no DNA, just made up of random rocks around him.
    I guess if they start with his original DNA and super-age him he’ll turn back into the rock body when the X gene activates? They’d have to have a DNA sample though.

Kind of same deal as for Proteus, though Moira would definitely have catalogued his DNA before he ever started body hopping.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 09-24-2020 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Didn't expect pestilence to become my fav, man poor rictor and apoc she did that with one arrow

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyP View Post

Maybe the five could "make" him a body from default or mixed genetics? Like a human body and his mind just inhabits the husk. Rockslide jokes about it a lot but he has expressed some thoughts that he feels strange not having a human body.

Though I'm not sure how his powers would work in that form. Especially the exploding one lol.

Also raises some ethical questions on pulling genetic material, since you probably would need consent from whosoever material you are pulling from.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 09-24-2020 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Didn't expect pestilence to become my fav, man poor rictor and apoc she did that with one arrow
    Yes! I'm loving her too. I thought War was going to be my fav but thus far Pestilence is in front.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Yeah it's surprising since she wasn't listed as one of the Swordbearers so we had no reason to believe she'd play a big role

The art's unfortunately a bit too cartoony for my liking.
    Apocalypse really thinks this whole plan hinges on Rictor? Exactly what kind of mystical upgrades did Pocy give him?
    Archangel wanting to be 'gentle' with Pocy? LOL!
    I'm loving the sound effects for Siryn... but *inhale*?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm not a fan of the colors at all. Otherwise the art would have been good.

This guys art looks different than when he did the Uncanny Xmen Annual where Cyclops came back. But maybe its just the colorist.

Thats the one thing im not going to like about this crossover. The art is going to be so inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    This guys art looks different than when he did the Uncanny Xmen Annual where Cyclops came back. But maybe its just the colorist.

Thats the one thing im not going to like about this crossover. The art is going to be so inconsistent.
    No more than X-Cutioner’s Song (the last TRUE crossover like this I can remember). Brandon Peterson, Andy Kubert, and Greg Capullo mesh well together, but the X-Factor issues clashed with Jae Lee’s very stylized art. It’s not bad. I like it. But it didn’t blend.

This artist is better than the other one but still not a good fit for this book. This looks too cute.