Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 93
  1. #76
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    134

    Default

    You are looking at this all from the wrong angle it’s not about how the X-men will fit into the movies it’s about how the X-men will fit into the Disney PARKS. The parks make up 80% of Disney’s money the rest is from their cruise lines the movies are ads for the parks. So I’ll ask you this? Could Disney make a real krakoa world that looks cool and is fun for 4 year olds? Or will they make the x mansion and have you hug Xavier in his wheelchair. That’s what is actually gonna happen just like Star Wars

  2. #77
    Spectacular Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    They can't use them in most of the Parks likely because of Universal. Smaller characters like the Guardians can be in Epcot because they were too obscure when the deal was made. We're more likely to see Shang-Chi rides at Disney World than the X-Men. As for Disney World they can't afford to tack on an X-Men sized expansion after all the delays to the Avengers campus.

  3. #78
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They can't use them in most of the Parks likely because of Universal. Smaller characters like the Guardians can be in Epcot because they were too obscure when the deal was made. We're more likely to see Shang-Chi rides at Disney World than the X-Men. As for Disney World they can't afford to tack on an X-Men sized expansion after all the delays to the Avengers campus.
    That’s the biggest hint in what I’d probably gonna happen to the X-men. They will get there own films but they will branch off from avengers films so that they can be part of the avengers campus exhibit. Why make a place like krakoa if you can’t make it into a park? Expect the X-men to more involved in avengers stuff than just doing their own thing.

  4. #79
    Spectacular Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    No, I mean that using "what can they do in the Parks" is pointless since most Marvel characters full stop can't be in the parks.

  5. #80
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    No, I mean that using "what can they do in the Parks" is pointless since most Marvel characters full stop can't be in the parks.
    I don’t know where you are getting this? Spider-Man has a stunt show in Orlando and there are actors for every avenger running around the parks. You can get a picture with cap thor and iron man. The guardians have a ride but all the characters are there. Including the hulk who is partially owned by universal. They CAN use the characters in the parks. It’s the whole point of Disney owning the ip if they couldn’t do it they wouldn’t have bought it lol

  6. #81
    Spectacular Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    The MCU is the highest grossing movie franchise ever made, including the highest grossing movie ever made. They aren't making creative decisions based on the parks. They don't need to.

  7. #82
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The MCU is the highest grossing movie franchise ever made, including the highest grossing movie ever made. They aren't making creative decisions based on the parks. They don't need to.
    That’s where your wrong sir! For years in the wall street journal and in Forbes. Disney insiders have talked about that even with all the money the films make. To Disney corporate they are barely worth It because they provide only 2% of total profits. Like I said before 80% of profit from the parks the rest from cruiselines. The guardians of the galaxy RIDE has made more money than both films simply by getting people to go to the park. The films promote the ip. This isn’t a secret, it’s why the hulk is at the parks but doesn’t get a solo film. Seeing the hulk at the park generates billions of dollars while making a movie would make a billion they would have to share with universal. It’s all about the parks. The parks are the alpha and omega of Disney. All things flow through the parks. It’s why we are getting a third Tron movie! The first two flopped but people love the tron roller coaster so we need more tron even though the third will probably flop. Follow the money

  8. #83
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    That’s where your wrong sir! For years in the wall street journal and in Forbes. Disney insiders have talked about that even with all the money the films make. To Disney corporate they are barely worth It because they provide only 2% of total profits. Like I said before 80% of profit from the parks the rest from cruiselines. The guardians of the galaxy RIDE has made more money than both films simply by getting people to go to the park. The films promote the ip. This isn’t a secret, it’s why the hulk is at the parks but doesn’t get a solo film. Seeing the hulk at the park generates billions of dollars while making a movie would make a billion they would have to share with universal. It’s all about the parks. The parks are the alpha and omega of Disney. All things flow through the parks. It’s why we are getting a third Tron movie! The first two flopped but people love the tron roller coaster so we need more tron even though the third will probably flop. Follow the money
    Hey! Tron is a good franchise!
    Good plot, Good sFx, Great music(Daft Punk)

    1 Tron>8 Transformers
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

  9. #84

    Default

    As far as the topic of the thread is concerned, I expect that at some point we'll see Moira's mutant power utilized to effect some sort of isolated reset of the mutants' place in their reality while the rest of the universe (i.e. the Avengers, Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, etc.) manages to somehow avoid the reset. Imagine something like what was done with the Legion of Super-Heroes in "Zero Hour."

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    While my list of criticism of Hickman's run is quite large, if I had to narrow it down to what has almost broken me it is the resurrections and whatever is going on with Jean/Scott/Logan/(Emma). With the former I can almost put it out of my mind by ignoring the exact details Hickman uses otherwise my critical side is too bothered with the idea of caring about clones with implanted memories.
    I thought the "clones" thing would bother me -- and I suppose it did for about a day. But then I remembered that "clones with implanted memories" are essentially precisely what Xavier and Wolverine have been for 30+ years of publishing. Also, since our memories are what make us who we are, these guys are as real now as they were before.

    I then had another day somewhere along the line to be bothered about the notion of having an incomplete set of memories/identity if a mutant is killed without being backed up to Cerebro in real time. That resolved itself pretty quickly when I recalled that sometimes -- and especially in comics -- temporary amnesia or even permanent loss of segments of memory occurs, yet we still recognize the person as themselves.

    The only real issue this situation presents is how the long-recognized concept of the soul plays into the matter -- but that's an issue that we've been facing (and side-stepping) since clones were introduced to comics. It's also been presented in somewhat contradictory fashion over the years. The matter hasn't ever come up (that I can recall) with Sinister's clones of the Marauders, but Madelyne Pryor has a long-established distinct soul from Jean Grey ... despite needing her sentience jumpstarted by the Phoenix. An obstacle Sinister puzzlingly didn't encounter with the Marauders. Added to that, Logan fought Sabretooth's soul in Hell sometime after killing him ... only for us to later learn that the Sabretooth he had killed was a clone grown by Romulus.

    In short: I don't freakin' know anymore, but I'm willing to roll with it. I hope we get some sort of handwavey explanation at some point, but if not, I can probably No Prize one that satisfies me.

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger
    The latter is probably the biggest reason, even though it seems like the smallest. The Jean/Scott relationship is too crucial to what the X-Men are to me, what stories have lasted with me all these years.

    Otherwise I could suffer with whatever else he wants to do and just whine about it like I have been doing since Decimation.
    Ah, my people (i.e. polyamorous folk): making comics readers uncomfortable since 2019. =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I donÂ’t know where you are getting this? Spider-Man has a stunt show in Orlando and there are actors for every avenger running around the parks. You can get a picture with cap thor and iron man. The guardians have a ride but all the characters are there. Including the hulk who is partially owned by universal. They CAN use the characters in the parks. ItÂ’s the whole point of Disney owning the ip if they couldnÂ’t do it they wouldnÂ’t have bought it lol
    The summary of the matter on Wikipedia presents a rather nuanced series of rules Disney has to follow where the parks are concerned:

    On August 28, 2009, The Walt Disney Company (Universal's biggest rival in the theme park market) agreed to purchase Marvel Entertainment for $4 billion. The deal was finalized on December 31, 2009 in which Disney acquired full ownership on the company. Universal stated that the acquisition would not impact its theme park licensing agreement with Marvel and Disney CEO Bob Iger acknowledged that Disney would continue to honor any contracts that Marvel currently has with Disney competitors.

    The 1994 agreement between Marvel Entertainment and Comcast/NBCUniversal (Universal's current parent companies) governs the use of Marvel properties in non-Universal theme parks and dictates what parks in the region can use such properties. Currently, Islands of Adventure uses the Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and the Fantastic Four, while Universal Studios Japan only employs Spider-Man, as it operates the Islands of Adventure cloned ride The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man since 2004. Under the contract, it forbids Walt Disney World and Tokyo Disney Resort parks from installing these characters, as well as the other characters in the same "family" (e.g., any team members, side characters, and villains closely associating with the superheroes). In addition, Disney is not allowed to use the Marvel name in all of the U.S. and Japan, nor can create a Marvel-themed simulator ride within the legal designated regional distances of any Universal theme park in the U.S. and Japan regardless whether the Marvel characters are used by Comcast/NBCUniversal or not.

    The Disneyland Resort is not constrained by the agreement, as it also states it could utilize any Marvel character west of the Mississippi whether used by Comcast/NBCUniversal or not. However, the resort is still bound by the clause of not using the Marvel name and a simulator ride containing any Marvel character. Disney parks outside the United States and Japan are permitted to use any Marvel properties, the Marvel name, as well as any type of ride they want. Both Hong Kong Disneyland and Disney California Adventure have opened Marvel attractions since the acquisition, with Iron Man Experience and Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! at the former and Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! at the latter. These existing attractions are planned to be absorbed into a series of larger Marvel-themed lands called Avengers Campus, with another iteration set to open at Disneyland Paris. Shanghai Disneyland also have plans to incorporate Marvel attractions and Tokyo Disneyland planned to open the Big Hero 6 attraction scheduled to open in Spring 2020.

    Meanwhile, Disney World has taken other measures to promote its Marvel properties within the Resort. At the D23 Expo on July 14–16, 2017, Disney announced that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind would be coming to Epcot which forced the closure of Ellen's Energy Adventure on August 13. Monorail trains have been wrapped in advertisements promoting films such as The Avengers, Iron Man 3, and Captain America: Civil War. As these monorail trains featured Marvel characters that are used at Islands of Adventure, they are operated only on the Resort and Express lines of the Walt Disney World Monorail System, which run entirely outside the theme parks, unlike the Epcot line, which enters and loops through its namesake park. The resort does have a Marvel-themed store, Super Hero Headquarters. However, it is also located outside of park gates in Disney Springs. Marvel characters not connected with the ones at Islands of Adventure also appears at Disney's Hollywood Studios in form of meet and greets, such as Star-Lord and Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy, as well as Doctor Strange.
    So, in short, they both can and can't use them -- depending on where, whom, and how.
    Last edited by The Twilight Mexican; 09-29-2020 at 05:18 AM.

  10. #85
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    You are looking at this all from the wrong angle it’s not about how the X-men will fit into the movies it’s about how the X-men will fit into the Disney PARKS. The parks make up 80% of Disney’s money the rest is from their cruise lines the movies are ads for the parks. So I’ll ask you this? Could Disney make a real krakoa world that looks cool and is fun for 4 year olds? Or will they make the x mansion and have you hug Xavier in his wheelchair. That’s what is actually gonna happen just like Star Wars
    Good point about the parks, but four-year-olds don't know or care about the mansion and Professor X's wheelchair any more than they do Krakoa, so it's kind of moot at this point. The general park-visiting public eqaully have absolutely no awareness that the Avengers ever lived in a mansion, that Hank Pym built Ultron, or even that Edwin Jarvis was a human butler.

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Ah, my people (i.e. polyamorous folk): making comics readers uncomfortable since 2019. =)
    I am not going to pretend I would not find Scott/Jean in a polyamorous relationship unconformable at least a little bit, but why Logan? lol

  12. #87
    Extraordinary Member BroHomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not going to pretend I would not find Scott/Jean in a polyamorous relationship unconformable at least a little bit, but why Logan? lol
    YeArs of esoteric sexual experience
    Healing factor kills any chances he'll have an STI
    No condoms!
    GrindrStone(D)

  13. #88
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    9,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not going to pretend I would not find Scott/Jean in a polyamorous relationship unconformable at least a little bit, but why Logan? lol
    If two people like the same person and that person likes both of them, monogamy is the weird thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    The world has changed, and so have I.

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not going to pretend I would not find Scott/Jean in a polyamorous relationship unconformable at least a little bit, but why Logan? lol
    Your instincts are correct, and it’s more than uncomfortable.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

  15. #90
    Spectacular Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    193

    Default

    I mean MCU romances are pretty super simple. I don't think they'll even do a love triangle at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •