Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    I don’t know where you are getting this? Spider-Man has a stunt show in Orlando and there are actors for every avenger running around the parks. You can get a picture with cap thor and iron man. The guardians have a ride but all the characters are there. Including the hulk who is partially owned by universal. They CAN use the characters in the parks. It’s the whole point of Disney owning the ip if they couldn’t do it they wouldn’t have bought it lol
    Not in Orlando. The Guardians ride is replacing the Tower of Terror in Anaheim. Per the contract in place with Universal Studios and Marvel from the 90's when Marvel was selling IP's to keep afloat, Universal has sole rights to the Marvel characters East of the Mississippi in their parks. That is why there will never be a Spider-Man, Captain America, or Wolverine in the Orlando parks. However, they can appear in all other Disney parks across the globe, and are particularly highlighted in California.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Good point about the parks, but four-year-olds don't know or care about the mansion and Professor X's wheelchair any more than they do Krakoa, so it's kind of moot at this point. The general park-visiting public eqaully have absolutely no awareness that the Avengers ever lived in a mansion, that Hank Pym built Ultron, or even that Edwin Jarvis was a human butler.
    It’s about broad and immediate identification and branding. Can you understand the X-men and krakoa immediately even when presented out of context at a theme park. If the answer is even possibly no then it’s not gonna work. It’s why galaxies edge failed. Kids didn’t understand it or like it. So it needs to be retooled. We don’t know if the avengers area will fail too but I doubt it because superheroes are visually interesting and seeing a person in a superhero costume requires no context. So I assume we will get another reboot of the X-men where it’s very straightforward cause Disney didn’t buy fox to have house of x made or even to make X-men movies. They bought fox to get the X-men in the park. Everything else is a means to an end to reach that goal. Probably within the next five years they will buy universal too cause one day of good turn out at a Disney park is equal to an avengers endgame in profits to Disney and is usually (covid!) a lot easier to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hey! Tron is a good franchise!
    Good plot, Good sFx, Great music(Daft Punk)

1 Tron>8 Transformers
    lol
    I never said I hated tron! Tron is awesome, buy both movies made no money and we are getting a third one anyway because people love the tron roller coaster. Which really does matter to Disney! It’s the same roller coaster as space mountain but now has higher attendance(Forbes talked about Disney surveys in 2017) if adding more tron stuff gets people to the park it’s worth it to make a new movie. I get it sounds crazy that I keep yelling it’s all about the parks but numbers don’t lie. It’s just like how amazon makes no money on the boys or any of its original shows. It’s just to incentivize you to get prime so they can sell you things faster. Form follows function

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's a rumor going around (from a source that, while inconsistent, has been credible in the past) that spoilers:
    Jackman may be returning for a cameo in Multiverse of Madness
    end of spoilers

And if that were true...that'd be an opening to do Krakoa from the jump instead of waiting.

Fantastic Member

How would that indicate anything toward Krakoa?

Well if it's not a total reboot it's easier to do

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

No clue what Feige or the MCU will do concerning the X-men overall, but as far as Krakoa it could be introduced as a nation of mutants ala Genosha. Even if the X-men don't end up being based out of it, there's interesting parallels and story opportunities anyways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No clue what Feige or the MCU will do concerning the X-men overall, but as far as Krakoa it could be introduced as a nation of mutants ala Genosha. Even if the X-men don't end up being based out of it, there's interesting parallels and story opportunities anyways.
    You mean like a mutant version of Atlantis? A hidden island nation which was formed by mutants in the distant past, who have become technological advanced thanks to splicing Krakoa with their genes, allowing them to create various forms of bio-tech, essentialy contrasting the concrete and digital technology which Genosha uses to enslave and exploit mutants?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    You mean like a mutant version of Atlantis? A hidden island nation which was formed by mutants in the distant past, who have become technological advanced thanks to splicing Krakoa with their genes, allowing them to create various forms of bio-tech, essentialy contrasting the concrete and digital technology which Genosha uses to enslave and exploit mutants?
    Disney media is in the middle of a massive restructuring with a big corporate expo set in December. It’s expected there is going to be lots of layoffs as ALL the different media companies Disney owns are being consolidated under one structure. Plus the stock holder letter sent out saying streaming is the new priority makes me think the X-men will show up in a tv show in 5 years. Which means every story will happen eventually as they burn through stories per season. I don’t expect a movie. There are rumors thor 4 and gurdians 3 are going to be tv shows already as neither have actually begun production. So nobody knows what the mcu will look like

I do think an eventual MCU version of Krakoa will skip the whole Moira stuff. MCU uses lots of Hickmans stuff but they're usually loose adaptations.

Hickman has remade the marvel universe 12 times already

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Hickman has remade the marvel universe 12 times already
    Yeah but if you talk to him he is still mad nobody bought secret warriors lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Yeah but if you talk to him he is still mad nobody bought secret warriors lol
    I did. It’s a amazing run

Am I the only who doesn't want to see Jackman in the role again? He never elevated the team aspects and his sendoff was honestly perfect.

I want to see him again as part of the multiverse. Basically making the FOX films an alternate universe.

But for the MCU version they should, and will, recast the character.