Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I think having Jackman show up as Wolverine again would lessen the end of Logan.

Not really. Logan itself was in a different timeline from the other FOX films, as it doesn’t line up. So they could bring Jackman in from the main FOX-men film timeline. Or a totally different timeline. Perhaps an Old Man Logan timeline more similar to the comics, where the Avengers did exist but were killed by all the super villains banding together.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I think having Jackman show up as Wolverine again would lessen the end of Logan.
    True. Although not for the same reasons I know Logan will be lessened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not really. Logan itself was in a different timeline from the other FOX films, as it doesn’t line up. So they could bring Jackman in from the main FOX-men film timeline. Or a totally different timeline. Perhaps an Old Man Logan timeline more similar to the comics, where the Avengers did exist but were killed by all the super villains banding together.
    Logan does not but can be in the same timeline as DOFP. The ending of DOFP was open to POV. Logan, moreover does not follow the timeline of Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix. I also saw someone say they want Kelsey Grammer to return as Beast and I dont think it is a good idea since DOFP closed the book for the other characters.

However Hugh Jackman really should not return since there is a risk it could hurt the legacy of Logan. Logan closed all the chapters that needed to be closed. MCU cannot also make or remake a movie like Logan, it is way above the MCU Disney formula so there is no point with Jackman retuning for the sake of it. I mean what would he achieve for the character besides a glorified cameo? he signed off with Logan and it should stay that way.

Lastly it just irks me how some wants Jackman to return for the sake of we want to see him in the MCU and nothing else. It's shallow , devoid of any real story telling and goes against everything Logan the film stood for.

Jackman needs to stay retired, so does Ian McKellen, Patrick Stewart and any of the original actors that showed up in X1-X3 and DOFP.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not that Fox cared about continuity at all but the end of DOFP doesn't line up with Logan, specifically I think the part about how long it's been since new mutants had been born.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Am I the only who doesn't want to see Jackman in the role again? He never elevated the team aspects and his sendoff was honestly perfect.
    Wolverine is my favorite character in all of comics and I've never cared for Jackman's portrayal of the character from the jump. Nothing against him personally, I blame it on Fox's vision. I'd be more than happy with a recast for everybody.

It is kinda ironic that all of Perlmutters efforts to make the Inhumans the new X-Men in the comics and MCU we may get a version of the X-Men in the MCU that's (relative to the Fox movies) closer to the Inhumans

Still believe that the X-Men nation of Krakoa will be the status quo. How long can you be a minority to be hunted and feared - an allegory to Israel.

Either way they won't adapt Hickmans run until he's finished it, though Feiges said they aren't part of the current 5 year plan, meaning even if the mutants appear the X-Men aren't coming for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    So I'm enjoying Hixmen very much, but can't help guessing at the inevitable and disappointing endgame: that Moira will die at the end of this epic adventure and Marvel's merry mutants will revert back to their old status quo as part of Moira's 11th life.

I don't want this outcome, but it makes too much sense. Hickman will be guiding the X-line for a few years. Disney/Marvel has indicated it will be a few years before another X-men film is made. When an X-film does get made, the odds are great that Disney/Marvel will play it safe/stick to tradition and have the X-men be based out of Xavier's mansion which also serves as a school. The X-comics will be adjusted to dumb things down for the all-important new reader who's only seen the films/for synergy. As much as I'm loving all these changes (especially the free love), I see most of them being ignored or undone several years down the line.

What say you to this possibility?
    Moira will probably die and more than likely it will have something to do with Destiny returning and telling her its time. I doub't the status quo will revert after this, i mean there will be no Krakoa but i can't see them going back to zero.

There are two things I expect Hickmans endgame to be, one of which is basically certain:

All mutant characters being put back on the table for future writers

The end of the human vs mutants conflict being the main focus of the X-Men as a franchise.

Also, another factor to consider with Hickmans version is that all the Moira stuff is...basically unworkable in any scenario where the X-Men are being introduced for the first time.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 10-29-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It is kinda ironic that all of Perlmutters efforts to make the Inhumans the new X-Men in the comics and MCU we may get a version of the X-Men in the MCU that's (relative to the Fox movies) closer to the Inhumans
    You're referring to the current KraKoan era of X-Men right?
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You're referring to the current KraKoan era of X-Men right?
    Hickman seemed to be throwing what looks alot like childish shade at the MCU in X-Men Empyre with the progressive, and truly feminist "Bimbo Wanda" and "Doctor Mansplain" plot.

Then there's the spiteful and very, very glaring lack of tie-ins for WandaVision, which Marvel's editors and writers clearly hate with a passion.

Marvel Studios and Marvel Comics are not on the same page. They never will be.

Hickman will kill Marvel Universe and create an MCU one. So all characters and new books will get relaunched as Part of MCU and to be an MCU canon. The way all new Star Wars book are now.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-30-2020 at 02:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine is my favorite character in all of comics and I've never cared for Jackman's portrayal of the character from the jump. Nothing against him personally, I blame it on Fox's vision. I'd be more than happy with a recast for everybody.
    If Wolverine truly is your favourite character and you were disappointed by Jackman, you would likely be far more disappointed by the MCU recast. This is one shoe Disney would never fill, If you have read some of wolverine comics or are aware of some of the themes the character has explored. Another retired actor that does not want to return is Robert Downey Jnr and I am sure part of the reason was because he knew there was nothing left for Iron Man and Iron Man was pretty much child's plays to Jackman's portrayal.

I always thought this was true but when Thor became the new GOTG, and how much alike Spiderman and Antman movies are. Perlmutter just needed a formula for Inhumans. He wanted that more than using them as a replacement for X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    Still believe that the X-Men nation of Krakoa will be the status quo. How long can you be a minority to be hunted and feared - an allegory to Israel.
    Krokoa, despite my dislike to the story, is still too new of a plot. When MCU finally got Spiderman they took him back to the most old basic story, additionally disney loves basic simple stories, I think in their heads they would want to introduce xmen in the most basic simple way and forces more on them fighting bad guys, I highly doubt the hard science fiction mutation gene theory used from X-Men first class would be the backbone of an MCU X-Men movie.

BANNED

Not that Fox cared about continuity at all but the end of DOFP doesn't line up with Logan, specifically I think the part about how long it's been since new mutants had been born.
    I said POV to Days of Future Past with Logan. If Wolverine and Xavier are the only 2 that remembers the events of DOFP and Past Xavier says the future was never set at the end of DOFP, Logan becomes a possibility of an unset future. it's convoluted but it very X-Men. In fact , sometimes I wished they had used Cable in the movie and not Wolverine but it works from a movie's eye instead of a comics eye.

Not that been said, If Jackman returns, he would be playing a brand new alternate reality of wolverine that does not even have to be the wolverine from Logan, DOFP, the point is with many alternate reality stories, the alternate characters still has as much of a plot and journey to the main reality counterpart. Jackman's wolverine cannot be retuning for that.

Speaking of Jackman returning, all the Batmans are coming back for a Flash movie. Ben Affleck, Michael Keaton, but I think they will be playing important roles in the DCEU. Jackman would not be doing anything but a glorified cameo. so same situation, different circumstance.