Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fantastic Member

I liked it, but then again I've always liked Fabian's stuff (even when he killed my favorite team in the New Universe)..

It's a believable story for Juggernaut (from an outsider, non-X reader) and interesting direction..

.. that being said, it's a jarring disconnect with the Immortal Hulk run which just had teens flocking to the Hulk as a counter culture icon, etc.

So unless D-Cel has an agenda, it sucks that Hulk is going to have to take a loss to beef up the new Juggernaut.. especially after such a nice nod to the Crossroads

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    It was a decent issue but doesn't really seem to have anything to do with Dawn of X, reads more like a general Marvel book. The art was pretty great though.

Will stick with it although I'm not a Nicieza fan... He and Lobdell did drive me away from X-Men back in the 90's after all.
    I just got some FF Heroes Reborn trades this week and was surprised how Lobdell and Claremont laid down a lot of seeds for Marvel in the 21st Century. I all but ignored the 1990’s Marvel, but when I read this, it is surprising that sprinkled through the seemingly erroneous stuff, I recognised a lot of what came much later in the Marvel Knights Spider-Man, Civil War, World War Hulks, Secret Wars, Ben and Alicia’s wedding, and ANAD. So, maybe the 1990’s is a worth another look, for all those completion fanatics out there like me.

Also, I have a lot of respect for Nicieza in his Thunderbolts run.

Mighty Member

I liked it. Cant say I liked Colossus as Juggy so glad that's done.

I do hope they have a proper/fun/dangerous explanation as to why he has his powers if he isn't being destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I liked it, but then again I've always liked Fabian's stuff (even when he killed my favorite team in the New Universe)..

It's a believable story for Juggernaut (from an outsider, non-X reader) and interesting direction..
    Which is why I liked it. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I'm done being a regular reader of any Marvel title for the time being and will only pop in here and there. There is a lot of great talent like Fabian that can be brought in to do good mainstream Marvel work.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Great issue. Fabian is as good as always and art was good too.
    I wish Fabian was on Excalibur.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I did not get this. Any guests appearances?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I've been a fan of Fabian since the New Warrior days and I'm a big fan of Juggy, so I'm stoked for this series.

I do wish Marvel would give him more work.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I did not get this. Any guests appearances?
    Nay. Only a reference to Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I've been a fan of Fabian since the New Warrior days and I'm a big fan of Juggy, so I'm stoked for this series.

I do wish Marvel would give him more work.
    Given everything that has happened with New Warriors it would be a great idea to relaunch that title with Fabian and Dale Keown at the helm. How awesome would that be?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Given everything that has happened with New Warriors it would be a great idea to relaunch that title with Fabian and Dale Keown at the helm. How awesome would that be?
    Yes please! Fabian back on the new Warriors would be my dream!