Default Lamplighter vs Pyro

Lamplighter from "The Boys" show, vs Pyro from the X-Men movies

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Pyro seems significantly more versatile and impressive. We've seen Lamplighter do all of cook a dude standing a few feet away.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Pyro seems significantly more versatile and impressive. We've seen Lamplighter do all of cook a dude standing a few feet away.
    Au contraire! We’ve also seen him make his fiery staff-thingy burn slightly more brightly.

Which is very useful if you move from a small darkened room into a somewhat larger darkened room.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Au contraire! We’ve also seen him make his fiery staff-thingy burn slightly more brightly.

Which is very useful if you move from a small darkened room into a somewhat larger darkened room.
    Yeah, the utility is undeniable.

His supe name is literally his power: he lights lamps.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

pyro in the comics can manipulate the flames into fire construct like a green lantern ring. he can also control fire from other people with fire powers. pyro wins this handily.

didn't show a lot during the movies but i would imagine him having a portion of that kind of control would be way powerful.
    Last edited by marshal88; 09-25-2020 at 11:13 PM.

It’s film fight.

Pyro in the X movies has greater feats of control with the flame. Was blowing up cars in X 2 like nothing and blasts had co side table range.

Lamp Lighter with a hand held lighter conjured a fire blast strong enough to burn down a wall and destroy a steel door with it completely.

Like a near hole enough for occupant I side to escape and she let others out that episode.

And the said blast took very little warm up to do aside Pyro just having to depend on what he is given.

Comics Lamp LighterI believe could fly and had super human durability aside fire powers. Pyro has constructs of flame but puny human durability.