Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Question What did you think of Sleepwalker?

The character from the 90's? The comic with the Brett Blevins art.

Extraordinary Member

He should get another chance at a modern series.

Both him and Darkhawk.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I only see him in crossover stories and the Brian Reed Ms. Marvel story, but he seems interesting as a concept.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Underrated. I'm a big DarkHawk fan, the first comic run I ever collected. Sleep Walker popped up in a team-up with Spider-Man in a DH comic which first introduced me to the character.

I feel like there is a lot of untapped potential. He's a character that could lead to a really innovative movie when paired with a creative director.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

I absolutely love the concept, but both his personality and the personality of his host are super bland to me.

For some strange reason I felt like the Cloak and Dagger series was gonna turn Mina Hess into a version of Sleepwalker.

They would need to remove his krytponite. Sleepwalker only comes out when his host is asleep. Which in my opinion makes for bland storytelling and villains escape. Maybe he can jump from sleeping host to sleeping host within a certain proximity. How many times can we do the "host woke, villain escapes story."
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

They need ot make an interesting host to pair with Sleep Walker. There are so many potentially funny or interesting dilemmas Sleepwalker could get into.

You absolutely shouldn't get rid of the sleeping aspect of the hero that's one of his most unique selling points. It's lazy to just throw new powers on someone or make them all-powerful. Just be creative and work within the character. The fact that he only has a certian window of time to operate in is compelling and adds potential drama. If anything maybe the host should be aware and drawn more into the storries.
    The J-man

I'd be in for a Sleepwalker (not the current one; start fresh) to be paired with a black person.. in the aftermath of Botham Jean and Breonna Taylor, a hell of a lot of folks are not feeling safe to sleep at home..

-----
    What was the relationship between the Sleepwalkers and Nightmare? You'd think they'd be trying to get rid of him once and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The character from the 90's? The comic with the Brett Blevins art.
    Very interesting, especially the supporting cast. Initially, the artwork was most pleasing.

In fact, My Top (3) Three Favorite Artists for Sleepwalker are...

1. Bret Blevins

2. Rick Leonardi

3. Joe Quesada

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-29-2020 at 12:05 AM.