Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which DC Character Has the Biggest Actual Family?

Here's a question that just occurred to me. Which DC character has, throughout DC history, had the most actual family members introduced? And by actual family I mean parents, children, spouses, siblings, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandparents & grandchildren, in-laws, etc., etc., etc. And can you name them? Who are still in circulation and who just turned up once and were never heard from again?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The Waynes including The Kanes and Netz as far as I know have the most named family member dating back since the 1880s and now that we're counting the Al Ghuls, since before that

Most of them are dead and featured in the occasional backstories but still canon

Boisterously Confused

For family extant at one time, Citizen Steel had a rather large extended family. At least, he did until the 4th Reich took a run at them as part of Vandal Savage's attempt to cull the JSA's legacy. Even after, he had several nephews and nieces left.

I feel like Vandal Savage himself has no doubt spread his love far and wide. Many of todays heroes and villains no doubt share some of his DNA...

BANNED

Thanks to Snyder and several other writers, The Wayne is most likely the biggest dynasty superhero family. It's kind of hard, but I remember it begain in Scotland with Sir Gawyne de Wayne and then nathaniel Wayne in renaisance then Thomas Wayne I then Anthony Darius Wayne then Alan Wayne then Thomas Wayne II and finally Bruce Wayne. My memories about Waynes are kind blurry, I need to reread again.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Thanks to Snyder and several other writers, The Wayne is most likely the biggest dynasty superhero family. It's kind of hard, but I remember it begain in Scotland with Sir Gawyne de Wayne and then nathaniel Wayne in renaisance then Thomas Wayne I then Anthony Darius Wayne then Alan Wayne then Thomas Wayne II and finally Bruce Wayne. My memories about Waynes are kind blurry, I need to reread again.
    There's also Bruce's cousins; Kate and Bette Kane. Not to mention his horde of adopted kids and Damian (the bio kid). Aunt Harriet. Kate's father, mother, and sister. And of course, his numerous ancestors (with Dr. Hurt thrown in there somewhere).

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    There's also Bruce's cousins; Kate and Bette Kane. Not to mention his horde of adopted kids and Damian (the bio kid). Aunt Harriet. Kate's father, mother, and sister. And of course, his numerous ancestors (with Dr. Hurt thrown in there somewhere).
    Dr. Hurt is Thomas Wayne I

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I feel like Vandal Savage himself has no doubt spread his love far and wide. Many of todays heroes and villains no doubt share some of his DNA...
    Now there would be a wild cross-title event. The good guys discover - to their horror - that the Metagene is a genetic trait of Vandal Savage's mutation, and he is the progenitor of a World Newton Family that includes almost all notable heroic and villainous characters in the history of DCU's Earth.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Flash to me has (or has had in the past) a very big family. Barry marries Iris who then has twins Dawn and Don who become the Tornado Twins. Don has a son Bart (Impulse) and Dawn has a Daughter Jenni (XS). On top of that you add in Iris's family with both her brothers who had kids (Wally and Wallace), and then you add in Wally's wife Linda and there two kids Jai and Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    Here's a question that just occurred to me. Which DC character has, throughout DC history, had the most actual family members introduced? And by actual family I mean parents, children, spouses, siblings, aunts & uncles, cousins, grandparents & grandchildren, in-laws, etc., etc., etc. And can you name them? Who are still in circulation and who just turned up once and were never heard from again?
    Wonder Woman and the Amazon's as they are her sisters

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Now there would be a wild cross-title event. The good guys discover - to their horror - that the Metagene is a genetic trait of Vandal Savage's mutation, and he is the progenitor of a World Newton Family that includes almost all notable heroic and villainous characters in the history of DCU's Earth.
    Didn't Devin Grayson touch upon this in her Arsenal mini series from a few years ago?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Flash to me has (or has had in the past) a very big family. Barry marries Iris who then has twins Dawn and Don who become the Tornado Twins. Don has a son Bart (Impulse) and Dawn has a Daughter Jenni (XS). On top of that you add in Iris's family with both her brothers who had kids (Wally and Wallace), and then you add in Wally's wife Linda and there two kids Jai and Iris.
    Not to mention all the descendants seen in Chain Lightning - Jace, Seal, Blaine etc!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Didn't Devin Grayson touch upon this in her Arsenal mini series from a few years ago?
    Don't know. But in Young Justice Outsiders, they certainly went that direction.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Lol. It's gotta be the Halls.

ETA: Yeah, it's Vandal Savage. DC One Million showed a bunch and then I think JSA, JLA and Titans fleshed it out even further. The Arsenal mini (best take on Roy ever) was another, yes.

But then it's the Halls.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 09-27-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Incredible Member

I think Superman should be added to the list. Along with Supergirl, son Jonathan, pseudo-son Conner, Powergirl (his Earth-2 cousin) and Superman Earth-2 there was his cousin from Kandor City who was one half the team Nightwing & Flamebird. There the lineage leading up to Superman 1Million (but only a few were mentioned). Laurel Kent who was a descendant and a member of LSH (or did she end up being an android, I can't remember). Superman Jr. who ended up being a computer simulation but became real for a time. And finally the Krypton Chronicles which traced the family tree of the Els.

Oops, forgot the Syfy show Krypton which showed Seg-El, Superman's grandfather, Seg_El's parents and grandfather and lastly his son Zod (who apparently becomes Superman's uncle).