Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Gauging the Gank Squad via Great Grand Gauntlets *Nods to Harbinger19*

Okay, so the gank squad, as laid out by Harbinger19 are as follows:

The Gank Squad

Feanor & his 7 sons
    Fingolfin
    Finrod Felagund
    Beleg Strongbow
    Ecthelion of the Fountain
    Mablung of the Heavy Hand

& a couple of Elf-friends

Hurin Thalion
    Beren Erchamion
    Turin Turambar

Now, I personally have never gotten on with the books of the LotR and so forth but I'm interested in figuring out where they stand.

They have to go up against the following list of foes. All fights takes place in deserted valley where Saitama fought Genos in One Punch Man. All teams start off at opposite ends of the valley. They get resurrected or healed between each match because I'm more just throwing a lot of stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks rather than running a true gauntlet.

The Matches

Match 1) All main characters from all Assassin's Creed games. So, oh god, that would be... Altair, Ezio, Conner, Edward, Jacob and Evy, Cassandra and... her less interesting brother, Egyptian guy which I never played, whoever the main character in Unity was. I think there was that lady from the spin-off from ACIII, right? They have all their max level gear, barring any pieces of Eden or other obviously supernatural stuff.

Match 2) Buffy and the Scoobies + Spike and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. No Dark Willow.

Match 3) Jin and Mei from House of Flying Daggers, Huo Yuan-jia from Fearless, Wong Fei Hung and General Fujita from Fist of Legend, Coolie, Tailor and Donut from Kung Fu Hustle, Rama, Assassin and Mad Dog from The Raid, non-stacked Composite Ip Man from live action films, Tiger, Turbo and Dragon from the Tiger Dragon Gate live action film, Liu Mu Bai, Shu Lien and Jen from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Flying Snow, Broken Sword, Sky and Nameless from Hero

Match 4) Baki Hanma, Hanayama Karou, Doppo Orochi, Jack Hammer, Retsu Kaioh, Katsumi Orochi, Biscuit Oliva, Miyamoto Musashi and Sukune from Grappler Baki. (Noticed I've been very inconsistent with first name and last name placement in this list.)

Match 5) The Hashira from Kimetsu no Yaiba at full strength. Rengoku is alive.

Match 6) The Hi Shin unit (Current 5000 man version) from Kingdom. Kyoukai is at her peak, Shin has Ouki's glaive.

Match 7) The MCU Avengers circa the first Avengers film.

Match 8) The Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece circa the Alabasta Arc.

How far do they get?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 09-25-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, so the gank squad, as laid out by Harbinger19 are as follows:

Feanor & his 7 sons
    Fingolfin
    Finrod Felagund
    Beleg Strongbow
    Ecthelion of the Fountain
    Mablung of the Heavy Hand

& a couple of Elf-friends

Hurin Thalion
    Beren Erchamion
    Turin Turambar

I personally have never gotten on with the books of the LotR and so forth but I'm interested in figuring out where they stand.

They have to go up against the following list of foes. All fights takes place in deserted valley where Saitama fought Genos in One Punch Man. All teams start off at opposite ends of the valley. They get ressurected or healed between each match because I'm more just throwing a lot of stuff at the wall and seeing what sticks.

1) All main characters from all Assassin's Creed games. So... Altair, Ezio, Conner, Edward, Jacob and Evy, Cassandra and... her less interesting brother, Egyptian guy which I never played, whoever the main character in Unity was. They have all gear, barring any pieces of Eden.

2) Buffy and the Scoobies + Spike and Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

3) The Immortal Weapons from Marvel comics.

4) Kanoe Zoichi from Biomega and Killy from BLAME. Killy does not have his gun but has been given an axe.

5) The Hashira from Kimetsu no Yaiba at full strength.

5) The Hi Shin unit (Current 5000 man version) from Kingdom.

6) The MCU Avengers circa the first Avengers film.

7) Switching machines... hold on...

How far do they get?
    They definitely can’t beat Switching Machines. Those guys are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They definitely can’t beat Switching Machines. Those guys are tough.
    Hehehe, working day finished and I had to jump on my personal laptop.

Updating the original post now.

Okay, I've finished the initial post. I'm pretty happy with the match ups and have curbed my intention to be needlessly self indulgent.

I'm kind of disappointed the Switching Machines were taken out of the fight. They sounded badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed the Switching Machines were taken out of the fight. They sounded badass!
    Is my thread, full of a heartfelt desire to know these characters better, going to die a death based on you guys latching on to a temporary edit?

I feel like that's on the cards.

Is my thread, full of a heartfelt desire to know these characters better, going to die a death based on you guys latching on to a temporary edit?

You wound me, sir!

As if we would do such a thing!

Such knavery is entirely precedented.

Seriously though, they do sound badass.

It is hardly my fault that you cruelly promised a showcase for the seeming awesomeness that is the Switching Machines, then yanked it away.

Again, cruelly.

Noooo, you're doing it right now!

I can feel the credibility of the thread melting away in my hands!

Is credibility melting one of the powers that the Switching Machines have?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Is credibility melting one of the powers that the Switching Machines have?
    It is - they even published a straight to rental video of it in 1993: Switching Machines 2: Credibility Boogaloo.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

To reply to Nik's well-conceived thread:

Match 1) Assassin's Creed people: I could see a couple of the gankers going down to bullets in the head, but outside of that, they should dominate. Fingolfin and Feanor could solo.

Match 2) Buffy people: Buffy, Angel and Spike might pick off one of the "lesser" Gank people, but there are too many of them here.

Match 3) Jin and Mei from House of Flying Daggers, Huo Yuan-jia from Fearless, Wong Fei Hung and General Fujita from Fist of Legend, Coolie, Tailor and Donut from Kung Fu Hustle, Rama, Assassin and Mad Dog from The Raid, non-stacked Composite Ip Man from live action films, Tiger, Turbo and Dragon from the Tiger Dragon Gate live action film, Liu Mu Bai, Shu Lien and Jen from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Flying Snow, Broken Sword, Sky and Nameless from Hero - I only know about half of these people, but the ones I know of don't have even the slightest chance.

Match 4) Baki Hanma, Hanayama Karou, Doppo Orochi, Jack Hammer, Retsu Kaioh, Katsumi Orochi, Biscuit Oliva, Miyamoto Musashi and Sukune from Grappler Baki. (Noticed I've been very inconsistent with first namd last name placement in this list.) - Don't know enough

Match 5) The Hashira from Kimetsu no Yaiba at full strength. Rengoku is alive. - No clue

Match 6) The Hi Shin unit (Current 5000 man version) from Kingdom. Kyoukai is at her peak, Shin has Ouki's glaive. - No clue

Match 7) The MCU Avengers circa the first Avengers film. Thor or Iron Man solo easily. Hulk only slightly less trivially and only because he can't fly.

Match 8) The Straw Hat Pirates from One Piece circa the Alabasta Arc. Luffy should be too much by himself.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Ech, are we taking this thread seriously for a minute?

I would suppose then the question each group has to answer is how well they handle the Fingolfin Terror Aura.

Ech, are we taking this thread seriously for a minute?

I would suppose then the question each group has to answer is how well they handle the Fingolfin Terror Aura.
    What are the parameters of said terror aura?

Is there a criteria for resistance?