Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Theory on possible result of X of Swords

Now I know most folks are wondering who dies, whether resurrection is put completely on the shelf/given stringent limitations as a result of the battle with Arrako. Though I'm wondering if the fall out of the event is far less Physical than it is say, political.

What if the fall out of this war isn't in terms of casualties or facilities, but rather internal cracks. Krakoa is whole, but the institutions that exist upon it become fractured. A single nation when facing the rest of the world, but multiple factions (much more explicitly than before) internally.

Like what if actions of Council members (most obviously Apocalypse) alienate other council members, or mutants in power (see Cyclops) from them.

I could see this happening. There might be some cracks in the Council and a change to how Krakoa's government works.
    I also agree there won't be a stop to the Resurrection protocols. They're a big part of the concept behind one of their newest books, I don't see them going away so soon.

Extraordinary Member

I can see the council being dissolved. Most of them looked bored to be there anyway.

The protocols are teased, and one thing I can think of is we finally see what happens when they create duplicates. X-Factor was sort of teased as being about stopping that but never really got there, so maybe dealing with the outcome of it happening is where it will go.

My main hope is the resurrection protocols are taken off the board or are changed dramatically/used very little. Honestly it's my only major dislike about this era (I mean some of the books aren't that great, but that's not a theme of the era, that's on the writing). Change that, and it's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    My main hope is the resurrection protocols are taken off the board or are changed dramatically/used very little. Honestly it's my only major dislike about this era (I mean some of the books aren't that great, but that's not a theme of the era, that's on the writing). Change that, and it's perfect.
    Long term these protocols are really damaging to the story and stakes. But it was good to bring so many mutants back.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I want War to end up joining the X-Men but I doubt it. I really hope we get a Marvel Legend's figurine of her in the near future
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Long term these protocols are really damaging to the story and stakes. But it was good to bring so many mutants back.
    Agreed. I think it's a good thing so many mutants have been brought back. On the other hand, I'm already tired of seeing various characters brutally murdered.

All-New Member

I think that Cyclops is going to destroy the portal, leaving some of the X-Men behind like Apoc did his people. Probably everyone on the Hanged Man card.

Resurrection probably still will be possible after XOS. I doubt that Rictor will survive next issue of X-Factor but he will return on Excalibur 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliankeller1 View Post
    I think that Cyclops is going to destroy the portal, leaving some of the X-Men behind like Apoc did his people. Probably everyone on the Hanged Man card.
    I think that Hanged Man card was only for XOS Creation issue. That one played already.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think that Hanged Man card was only for XOS Creation issue. That one played already.
    True and we've seen Rictor and Beast in the Dec. solicitations. I still think Cyclops does that because he's pissed off Krakoa in #16.

Mighty Member

Seems an outcome is that the resurrection process will be broken. Not forever, but maybe a member will be kidnapped and separated from the other five? Meanwhile, the casualties towards the end of X of Swords will remain for a while. Maybe the resurrection process returns but with severe limitations causing more fractures?

But yeah the resurrection process has to be broken to create more tension.

How long will Hickman's run be? 3 years? That would mean that we are about 1/3 done with the story he wants to tell. So I can see some major changes happening because of XoS. I don't think they'll return to how it was before XoS.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    How long will Hickman's run be? 3 years? That would mean that we are about 1/3 done with the story he wants to tell. So I can see some major changes happening because of XoS. I don't think they'll return to how it was before XoS.
    If that is the case, the xoffice better stop giving us mediocre plant based storylines. Bring on Nimrod, Orchis and children of the vault. Let the Chimera protocol emerge. Man VS Machine Vs Mutants and everything in between.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Something tells me his run is going to last up until the X-Men hit the big screen so 2024 or 2025.