Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    How long will Hickman's run be? 3 years? That would mean that we are about 1/3 done with the story he wants to tell. So I can see some major changes happening because of XoS. I don't think they'll return to how it was before XoS.
    His Avengers and F4 runs lasted around 3 years, but he had two books most of the time, one of them bimonthly, and those were still in many ways less expansive stories, so I'm thinking his X-men one will last longer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    His Avengers and F4 runs lasted around 3 years, but he had two books most of the time, one of them bimonthly, and those were still in many ways less expansive stories, so I'm thinking his X-men one will last longer.
    It probably could, but I could see him being able to wrap it up by the end of next year if told to. I think it will all depend on how sales are doing and when Marvel needs the finale event sales spike, or he gets bored.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It probably could, but I could see him being able to wrap it up by the end of next year if told to. I think it will all depend on how sales are doing and when Marvel needs the finale event sales spike, or he gets bored.
    I doubt they'll ask him to leave considering how well received his writing (HOX and now XofSwords). More likely that he leaves after 3 years of storytelling. Part of me believes the theory/rumor that he's using this as a way to get into the MU.... I mean I'd do that, haha.

I don't think it's going to change much to be honest. This is the first cross over in the dawn of x. I can't see the end of it taking anything away but rather adding something to be potentially taken away later. At worst resurrections will be put on hold but even then it won't be permanent or last that long in my opinion. When the resurrections end please believe there will be a crash grabbing event titled X of Resurrection or something
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    I doubt they'll ask him to leave considering how well received his writing (HOX and now XofSwords). More likely that he leaves after 3 years of storytelling. Part of me believes the theory/rumor that he's using this as a way to get into the MU.... I mean I'd do that, haha.
    I don't either. I actually would not be surprised if he re-upped for 2 more years or so in fact because beyond the story one thing i've noticed all the writers aside From Ben Percy as i haven't seen anything on how he feels about it, seem to LOVE the collaborative process the x-books have now. I could see this creating a sort of team like vibe where some aren't ready to leave the crew or for the captain to abandon ship. This is the most consistent a team of x-writers and artist has been in ages.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Oh yeah, I just meant if it this stuff really lost the readers or even the other creators ahead of schedule I suspect he would have set things up to be able to wrap up if needed. That is, I think he has given us an opening act with everything it needs and he has planned a closing act with everything in mind, and all this happening in the middle is just the distraction. A fun distraction hopefully, but all done with knowing none of it can really matter to what is going to be the finale, which means the finale would not need much setup. So I doubt we are going to get anything happening that will impact the end goal, but it will impact the characters now, and maybe give a hint of the future.

XOS is a crossover and not a new event. I think it won`t have a huge impact on all books. I am sure that they planned next X Event for Summer 2021 that will shake up things. Probably cancel some team book and create a wave of new ones.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I agree on the Cyclops theory, and many will be upset by his actions.

Something just occurred to me. What happens if Moira dies in Otherworld? Which reality is reset? Maybe that's how this whole thing ends.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Something just occurred to me. What happens if Moira dies in Otherworld? Which reality is reset? Maybe that's how this whole thing ends.
    Either none, just Otherworld, or... all of it. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I agree on the Cyclops theory, and many will be upset by his actions.
    I think the decision is about the X-men he sent after the Children.

Astonishing Member

I asked the same without seeing your point on another thread ,and weirdly as I thought about it,incredibly we could eventually learn Annihilation is Moira! In my idea, to buy herself the most time and have Krakoa exist out of a normal timestream.It is possible Moira hatched a plan by cloning the Shiar golem and either sending it through time back to primeval Okkara to initiate the twilight war and cleave Okkara into Krakoa and Arrako, the former being in normal cosmic reality time, the latter in otherworld ,out of reach of Phallanx and homo novissima.

Alternatively if she doesn't want Xavier in on it and this is likely ,she sent the golem to Krakoa (current timeline) but took herself back millennia to prepare Okkara to be split in two.So annihilation may just be Moira who has lived on from millennia in the past by virtue of being in Amenth rendering her with extremely long life and perhaps even bringing Isca to her side for extra cover.

This would really be thinking outside the box and could explain why Destiny was not categorical in whether she saw her living 10 or 11 lives
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-04-2020 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    My main hope is the resurrection protocols are taken off the board or are changed dramatically/used very little. Honestly it's my only major dislike about this era (I mean some of the books aren't that great, but that's not a theme of the era, that's on the writing). Change that, and it's perfect.
    I agree with this and it would be easy
    To do right? Goldballs stops
    Producing eggs or proteus discorporates, etc, just removing one of the five could do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I agree with this and it would be easy
    To do right? Goldballs stops
    Producing eggs or proteus discorporates, etc, just removing one of the five could do it.
    One of the white pages noted that they allready have mutants on a list who can take the place of each of the five. Part of the narrative to present the X-men and the Nation of Krakoa as being practically unstoppable now because they thought of everything thanks to Moira (only to then get proven wrong by some twists).

If anything it would just delay the process, not take it off the board.

Though one has to wonder how many more mutants Destiny might have warned about Krakoa and instructed on what to do.

Including instructing one to kill or depower the five and set the whole tree on fire, which might not stop the protocol but delay it for a longer time, to "buy time" for Mystique and others.

After all, with all eyes on the Tournament and the danger of Arrako, nobody might see a traitor from within acting on order of a person everyone presumes dead.

We still have no true proof that her powers work they way she claims them to. Because her claims involves no proof existing at all.

For all we know, her death in the current universe might result in nothing happening. Which would be a big twist or shock to the reader and perhaps an even bigger to her if someone's or her own powers bring her back. So she ends up having to re-evaluate everything she thought was true.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-04-2020 at 07:01 AM.

It is just a crossover. I doubt that Moira will have big or any role in it. I think they left her for next big Summer X event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One of the white pages noted that they allready have mutants on a list who can take the place of each of the five. Part of the narrative to present the X-men and the Nation of Krakoa as being practically unstoppable now because they thought of everything thanks to Moira (only to then get proven wrong by some twists).

If anything it would just delay the process, not take it off the board.

Though one has to wonder how many more mutants Destiny might have warned about Krakoa and instructed on what to do.

Including instructing one to kill or depower the five and set the whole tree on fire, which might not stop the protocol but delay it for a longer time, to "buy time" for Mystique and others.

After all, with all eyes on the Tournament and the danger of Arrako, nobody might see a traitor from within acting on order of a person everyone presumes dead.

We still have no true proof that her powers work they way she claims them to. Because her claims involves no proof existing at all.

For all we know, her death in the current universe might result in nothing happening. Which would be a big twist or shock to the reader and perhaps an even bigger to her if someone's or her own powers bring her back. So she ends up having to re-evaluate everything she thought was true.
    About the potential replacements, who could replace Proteus if he were removed from the board? I don't see the other reality warners (Franklin and Jamie respectively) taking his place and becoming permanent members of the Five. And as far as Hope or Synch copying Proteus's powers, well how could/would they be able to if Proteus is not around to have his powers copied. I don't think replacing members of the Five is so easy despite what is stated in the data sheets.