Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I'd like to know how did it return from space.
    Gravity, luv.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    He went to sleep after losing his love and only woke up again bc of the puny humans. Poor thing
    That is how I'd No Prize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    It's comics, retcon and new mythos constantly happen.
    Perfect answer! As long as it makes a tiny bit of sense that's ok with me! I like the idea of Krakoa being asleep for a long time and the nuclear testing woke it up!

Also, sure that Krakoa got launched into space, but if Krakoa can grow and expand from a seed it's possible that the island grew back on the same spot because part of the root system was still intact at that location!

Krakoa split off into another offspring and lived at the X-mansion on the school grounds until Quentin guided it into the Atlantic Ocean!

Our knowledge of past events changes as new information comes to light that changes our perception of how the past played out!

A very simple example of this is the theories of Earth! We started with the flat Earth theory, then the circular but geocentric theory with the universe rotating around the Earth, then finally the heliocentric theory of the Earth rotating around the sun!
    Even the heliocentric theory was modified as people realized the planets and moons did not have strictly circular orbits but rather somewhat oval orbits which impacted why they did not fall into exact circular positions when they are observed over time!
    Then you have the ideas of solar system, galaxy, galaxies, black holes, white holes, quantum mechanics, age of the universe!

All of this is built on years and years of expanding knowledge! When Charles, Erik, and Sebastian all met near the same time they thought they were the only mutants and were astonished to meet others! Charles and Sebastian didn't agree on anything so they never worked together, Charles and Erik were able to find some common ground and work together to research mutation! At first they though mutants originated from recent time because of atomic testing, although that did not 100% explain Magneto who predated the atomic tests! Then they meet Wolverine, Mystique, and Sabretooth who are all older than Erik, and reveal mutants have been around for a while! Then Exodus who is older than Wolverine, then the Externals who are older than Exodus! Then you have Selene and Apocalypse revealing that mutants have been around for 1000s of years! With Selene being from the 1st age of mutants, and Apocalypse from the 2nd age of mutants!

Now Apocalypse reveals that Krakoa existed in his time and he fought a massive war against a demon invasion and that he was forced to put Arakko and his original Horseman in the breech to stop the invasion of Earth!

I guess it really depends if you feel comics should be written in stone and never change! In that case you are looking for comics like Archie, Calvin & Hobbes, or South Park where no one ever changes or grows and they just keep repeating the same adventures over and over and over!

Every comic book with a superhero ever created has gone through changes and retcons and if you haven't realized that yet, I don't understand what you are reading! Claremont changed tons of stuff on his run and created his own vision! Morrison created his own vision, Whedon his vision, and so on and on! Even Liefeld created his own awful vision of everyone with no feet and pouches everywhere and looking like steroid bodybuilders and anorexic models!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Hickman is not impressing me. Can’t wait till this is retconned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Now Apocalypse reveals that Krakoa existed in his time and he fought a massive war against a demon invasion and that he was forced to put Arakko and his original Horseman in the breech to stop the invasion of Earth!
    This is more of a sticking point for me. Why hasn't Apocalypse been using/protecting/interested in Krakoa this whole time? Why is splitting off Arakko such a big deal if any of these other split explanations don't seem to matter to it? When Professor X and Moira investigated Krakoa circa Giant Size/Deadly Genesis, don't they both know all about Krakoa at that point and if so what was their agenda?

Didn’t Deadly Genesis retcon that Krakoa’s talking and explanation of its origins was all Xavier? Meaning its true origin was never actually revealed.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Didn’t Deadly Genesis retcon that Krakoa’s talking and explanation of its origins was all Xavier? Meaning its true origin was never actually revealed.
    If anything, it makes Xavier's actions make more sense- he sends the X-men to Krakoa, perhaps hoping to make them live there, when it's too soon for that, they get captured, but rather than ask for help from the Avengers or the Illuminati, he sends one team of new recruits and then another, because he wants to live there immediately, but Moira knows that can't happen because the pieces aren't all in play yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is more of a sticking point for me. Why hasn't Apocalypse been using/protecting/interested in Krakoa this whole time? Why is splitting off Arakko such a big deal if any of these other split explanations don't seem to matter to it? When Professor X and Moira investigated Krakoa circa Giant Size/Deadly Genesis, don't they both know all about Krakoa at that point and if so what was their agenda?
    I mean would you really want to stay on an island where you just lost your entire family? And as for his lack of Interest well he simply didn't find Krakao relevant anymore his focus was on elevating mutant kind through his survival of the fittest crap.

Astonishing Member

The whole thing about Krakoa being thrown into space reminds me how it was once again in space during the Events of x2 or Moira's 9th life (though the continuity between it and x3/6th life is a bit weird case that might come back as point in the future comics).

However thinking about it, i wonder if Dawn of X will end with Krakoa launching itself into space to find it's own planet to colonize? Having basicly become bored/annoyed of all the constant bickering and fighting of the humans (which includes mutants). Perhaps after also having found a way to gain all the mutant energy it needs without having to put up with their resistance or demands (and getting seperated into halves).

Going:
    "Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own Earth! With blackjack and hookers!"

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Perfect answer! As long as it makes a tiny bit of sense that's ok with me! I like the idea of Krakoa being asleep for a long time and the nuclear testing woke it up!

Also, sure that Krakoa got launched into space, but if Krakoa can grow and expand from a seed it's possible that the island grew back on the same spot because part of the root system was still intact at that location!

Krakoa split off into another offspring and lived at the X-mansion on the school grounds until Quentin guided it into the Atlantic Ocean!

Our knowledge of past events changes as new information comes to light that changes our perception of how the past played out!

A very simple example of this is the theories of Earth! We started with the flat Earth theory, then the circular but geocentric theory with the universe rotating around the Earth, then finally the heliocentric theory of the Earth rotating around the sun!
    Even the heliocentric theory was modified as people realized the planets and moons did not have strictly circular orbits but rather somewhat oval orbits which impacted why they did not fall into exact circular positions when they are observed over time!
    Then you have the ideas of solar system, galaxy, galaxies, black holes, white holes, quantum mechanics, age of the universe!

All of this is built on years and years of expanding knowledge! When Charles, Erik, and Sebastian all met near the same time they thought they were the only mutants and were astonished to meet others! Charles and Sebastian didn't agree on anything so they never worked together, Charles and Erik were able to find some common ground and work together to research mutation! At first they though mutants originated from recent time because of atomic testing, although that did not 100% explain Magneto who predated the atomic tests! Then they meet Wolverine, Mystique, and Sabretooth who are all older than Erik, and reveal mutants have been around for a while! Then Exodus who is older than Wolverine, then the Externals who are older than Exodus! Then you have Selene and Apocalypse revealing that mutants have been around for 1000s of years! With Selene being from the 1st age of mutants, and Apocalypse from the 2nd age of mutants!

I guess it really depends if you feel comics should be written in stone and never change! In that case you are looking for comics like Archie, Calvin & Hobbes, or South Park where no one ever changes or grows and they just keep repeating the same adventures over and over and over!

Every comic book with a superhero ever created has gone through changes and retcons and if you haven't realized that yet, I don't understand what you are reading! Claremont changed tons of stuff on his run and created his own vision! Morrison created his own vision, Whedon his vision, and so on and on! Even Liefeld created his own awful vision of everyone with no feet and pouches everywhere and looking like steroid bodybuilders and anorexic models!
    Exactly. As long as it's well executed and serves a narrative instead of just being retcon for the sake of retcon, I don't see why people are complaining so much.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Some things just changed that will make old stories get updated. It used to be that all the atomic testing was what was causing mutations (even Apocalypse was going on about this in his first main story). Also, stories often tell us what we need to know sometimes based on what the characters need to know. The truth is Krakoa could have just been dormant at time and the testing woke it up or enraged it, maybe whatever effect wore off while it was out in space. How did it return? There is a pretty big gap before HoX and a lot of other questions that have never been answered.

That said, I never did like it, but I have never been a fan of most of these kinds of changes. Part of me thinks that Hickman doing so much that seems to contradict what we know, and I can hear the groans now, is to tell us something is not right and something big is going to happen to set things back inline with what we thought we knew before HoX #1.
    Hickman did the same with his Avengers run as well. He brought the Supreme world to 616 even though it had already been brought over in the 90's in a Quasar event series. He also created beings who came feom beyond the multiverse even though there were already being like that. Etc etc.

When asked about it he just said its his story and previous continuity didnt matter
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    It's comics, retcon and new mythos constantly happen.
    That's essentially it!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If anything, it makes Xavier's actions make more sense- he sends the X-men to Krakoa, perhaps hoping to make them live there, when it's too soon for that, they get captured, but rather than ask for help from the Avengers or the Illuminati, he sends one team of new recruits and then another, because he wants to live there immediately, but Moira knows that can't happen because the pieces aren't all in play yet.
    I could get behind that.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.