Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

This is a place of tolerance. You should have to participate in them now, as penance.

I've got nothing against appreciation threads. But having them mixed in with all the other content is fairly annoying to me. I liked them much better, and did participate in them, when they had their own separate place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    I've got nothing against appreciation threads. But having them mixed in with all the other content is fairly annoying to me. I liked them much better, and did participate in them, when they had their own separate place.
    I wouldn't mind this.
    Have an Appreciation forum with sub-forums.

-Marvel Appreciation
    -DC Appreciation
    -Indie Appreciation

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you're asking how I can tell, it's the two or three locked threads.
    I'm not sure I follow. New members complaining about the appreciation threads have their threads locked down?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I actually agree with what you are suggesting. The old "TV/FILM" section had a "WRESTLING" sub-forum at the top. One of those for each title's section of the board seems like a totally logical, user-friendly solution to the "What to do about appreciation Threads" question.
    I don't know about the rest of the forums, but I could easily see ALL the Marvel characters on an appreciation thread forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    this is a place of tolerance. You should have to participate in them now, as penance.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. New members complaining about the appreciation threads have their threads locked down?
    Not exactly -

http://community.comicbookresources....n-board%28s%29

When you have "appreciation" folks in a thread wanting something separate and a thread where another group is talking about how they choke a page where comics' discussion could be happening, it seems like the fix is sort of obvious.

Seem like both groups are asking for what the "other" group wants.

I think the idea of appreciation threads are great, but I agree they are cluttering up the forums

Move them to their own sub-forum (separated by publisher), maybe even establish a format to make them easier to find in a search, like including real name and primary codename(s?)

I think that within vBulletin, there're some options and scripts to hide specific threads. The CBR Community mods/developers could work on that. So, if you are not interested in Appreciation threads, just hide them (one at a time or all at once), and when you want to read one of the AT just unlock them, or use the search function.

They just all need to be moved to one or two sub forums.

They are cluttering things up big time. And a lot of these threads seem to be made "just because."

You have some that some good discussion goes on and they stay very active. Then you have others that will likely never make it past page 2.

It will all even out int he end when the slow ones die off but for now... my oh my is it making it hard to find threads other than appreciation ones.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

If there's a team with the same members all the time (aka Fantastic Four), and that has its own appreciation thread which is active while appreciation threads for each member are less active, it's better to fold them into the team thread.

I have always wished that all appreciation threads would just get moved into their own sub-forum. They really do get tiresome to wade through to look for more conversation driven threads to participate in.

I can deal, just like I always have, but the X-boards have always been the biggest "offender" when it comes to appreciation overload.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Haven't they already locked multiple threads on this topic?

Banning appreciation threads seems absurd. As many have stated, sometimes you want that (mostly) troll-free safe haven. I understand the annoyance of the clutter, what I don't get is why there is even a question of making a sub-forum for them. Those that enjoy them will have their sanctuary and those that don't will have them out of the way. Seems win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightengale View Post
    Haven't they already locked multiple threads on this topic?
    I thought they had even locked down this one at one point . . .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I might as well emphasize something. Appreciation threads are just that: a way for fans of characters/team to discuss what they enjoy about the said person or team. As such, it is in poor form to post something like "Well I don't like so-and-so because he/she/they suck(s) / did (something terrible) during (event). Losers!" At times in the old board it has taken on a tone of patronizing fans for sticking their head in the sand in denial of overwhelming evidence that condemns their object of fandom.

Don't do it. If you feel a need to gripe about a character, do so in a thread that discusses the event where they behaved reprehensibly, at least from your point of view. And still keep it civil.

Ravin' Ray
    Newly appointed Marvel Moderator
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just make an appreciation forum and move all the threads into it then everyone wins. C'mon CBR get to it!