Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    If by evolution you mean the characters of XXIst century have nothing to do with those of the 90s, I agree, they have nothing to do.
    because 20 years have passed and progress is a thing, maybe you'll progress into understanding that simple concept too

Astonishing Member

The X titles did start to tank in the late 90s and haven't recovered its greatness since then but they were a great read long before Liefeld came aboard.

Ultimate Member

The title of this thread is misleading.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    liefeld is mad his major x was an enourmous flop and he was kicked out in favour of hickman
    I don't know what Major X is but it sounds bad.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I don't know what Major X is but it sounds bad.
    it was worse than bad!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was worse than bad!
    it was + x-men 92 being yet another flop,the evidence that people speak a lot online, dont show up for the charts when it's time for a 90's nostalgia revival

I guess the current x-men don't have to worry about that :3c

I saw that title and had expectations... I was not disappointed.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

2000's X-Men was all about breaking the '90s and dudebros didn't think it was bad. The hate against the current era has everything to do with the fact that Krakoa shows progress and community and culture and pride. It's not a coincidence that most people who cared about X-Men because of the metaphor(or at least their fight for their rights regardless of how it paralleled to real world struggles) enjoy it, and people who just think of the X-Men as a cool superhero team like any others are against it.

it was + x-men 92 being yet another flop,the evidence that people speak a lot online, dont show up for the charts when it's time for a 90's nostalgia revival

I guess the current x-men don't have to worry about that :3c
    they sure as hell dont. thank you. next.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they sure as hell dont. thank you. next.
    our good sis kwannon and her story of close up facial shots outsold major x, the jokes write themselves

Deleted post
    Last edited by nandes; 09-25-2020 at 04:31 PM.

our good sis kwannon and her story of close up facial shots outsold major x, the jokes write themselves
    Fallen Angels was mostly good and didn't deserve the hate, in this essay I will-

Extraordinary Member

I don't think he wants the 90s back. If you want a reference, it seems he would be praising the X-Men if Cates was doing his magic on it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    2000's X-Men was all about breaking the '90s and dudebros didn't think it was bad. The hate against the current era has everything to do with the fact that Krakoa shows progress and community and culture and pride. It's not a coincidence that most people who cared about X-Men because of the metaphor(or at least their fight for their rights regardless of how it paralleled to real world struggles) enjoy it, and people who just think of the X-Men as a cool superhero team like any others are against it.
    it's basicaly that they are uncomfortable the model minorities aren't happy protecting a world that loathes them witout any sort of spine, because I also see folks happy to get an epic fantasy sage and just like the mindless cool fun.

lololol I love me some Kwannon!! and you are a mess!