Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    its his son with storm, somehow a baby of two extremely popular x-men went completly ignored, THAT's how bad the story was
    Rob Liefeld: I am known in the industry for my ability to create new characters.

The new Liefeld characters:

BANNED

yeah who needs isca, bei, the summoner, white blade, anihilation when you have the entire military ranking pronoums with an x at the end, all looking like judge dreed cosplaying galactus

the jokes write themselves
    Last edited by Ferro; 09-26-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

its his son with storm, somehow a baby of two extremely popular x-men went completly ignored, THAT's how bad the story was
    His son with fucking WHO

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    His son with fucking WHO
    yes storm, yes the ororo munroe

Extraordinary Member

he knows his audience crossover with the sort of people that torment young writers like ayala, so he knew what he was doing, so he doesnt deserve any sympathy in my eyes.
    I feel like this is unneeded. Also, as far as other comments here feeling the need to defend Hickman just because Liefeld is too much of a self promoter, beware that people enjoy these other books and it has nothing to do with whatever slight you feel, they might just enjoy Hickman too.

Astonishing Member

because writers after made them interesting and lovable, all he did was create ugly costumes and ugly one noted oc's that are obvious rip offs (deadpool) who only gained a shred of personality and good writing after he left.
    This goes for EVERY character he created in the x-men they didn't last because of him, fabian nicieza, gail simone, and other creators turned his garbage into gold.
    These writers should take some credit for fleshing out Liefeld's creations but I don't see t the characters they created being used today. Liefeld was the last Kirby of comics.

Astonishing Member

he knows his audience crossover with the sort of people that torment young writers like ayala, so he knew what he was doing, so he doesnt deserve any sympathy in my eyes.
    Still not showing any proof about this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Still not showing any proof about this.
    it has been deleted and people already posted the reactions to liefeld looking down on vita ayala new mutants saying that "this time he wouldnt save the new mutants again"

BANNED

awesome guy

Extraordinary Member

awesome guy
    Oh, you did not need to post that to prove to me Liefeld is the biggest jerk on Twitter. The guy is so far up his own backside he often ends up slamming and blocking people who are actually trying to support him lol

However, that has nothing to do with Ayala. He is just making a joke, as in no he is not the new writer and at the same time bragging about how he saved the title the first time and trying to take another shot at the X-Office. That is his schtick, I doubt he even read who was taking over or knew who they were, that said, he should just stop it. As soon as DC starts coming up with a bunch of new titles without him he will be back to throwing shade at Lee and whoever else is still there he does not like and blanketing DC talent as a whole.

...and Liefeld needs to be locked in a room with a nude model and learn how to draw anatomy.
    Don't come for the writers and the editors when your art BEEN lacking! You had damn near 3
    decades to learn how to draw. All the damn characters cross-hatched to death with bodies
    struggling to make sense of how they actually work. BYE, ROB!!!

And I loved his **** when I was a teenager in the 90's. I found his art exciting and I dug his New Mutants and X-Force. But, times change (and I went to art school) and learned how to draw anatomy). Yeah, I LOVE me some Claremont. However, this Hickman run actually got me excited when HoX/PoX dropped and I thoroughly enjoyed X of Sword: Creation.
    Last edited by GeneTitan; 09-26-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

awesome guy
    And this connects him to comicsgate? Really reaching far there.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

yes storm, yes the ororo munroe
    Did every other man, mutant or otherwise, literally die? I mean I like Cable in general but come on

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Did every other man, mutant or otherwise, literally die? I mean I like Cable in general but come on
    Belive it or not, there writers were actually building a romantic relationship between Storm and Cable at one point, back when he was wearing his Cyclops inspired costume. This isn't an idea Rob pulled out of thin air.

Dude's just jealous because even the worst DOX book is 100X better than his best. Would anyone care about him if Deadpool hadn't taken off? (And Deadpool didn't take off when Liefeld wrote him.)

He might also be jealous because the current crop of artists know how to draw feet. And more proportional bodies.

And Shatterstar is still pansexual.