Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Hahaha. Major X. Nough said.

You don’t get an opinion when all your characters look the same

Guys...He said 90's cartoon, not 90's comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because 20 years have passed and progress is a thing, maybe you'll progress into understanding that simple concept too
    Evolution implies legitimate, necessary changes. I guess the appreciation is in the eye of the beholder.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Liefield? The guy from the pepsi commercial?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I think some of the people were would jump at the chance to say Liefeld was wrong and doesn't know what he's talking about no matter what opinion he expressed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Liefeld hates that Vita Ayala is getting New Mutants and a 2nd book Children of the Atom! They had a good run on James Bond and some of the other books they have been writing! They get some featured chapters in X of Swords to showcase Storm!

Hands down Vita is a much better writer than he is and he can't stand it! His work won't stand the test of time because it's awful, and Vita's work will because they can actually write!
    Do you have a source for this? Liefeld has a lot of petty beefs with people in the industry but I have never seen him call out or allude to anything with Ayala.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    While Liefeld gives his lukewarm takes, Hickman remains unbothered.
    Liefeld is the last creator whose characters have lasted for several generations.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Liefeld is the last creator whose characters have lasted for several generations.
    because writers after made them interesting and lovable, all he did was create ugly costumes and ugly one noted oc's that are obvious rip offs (deadpool) who only gained a shred of personality and good writing after he left.
    This goes for EVERY character he created in the x-men they didn't last because of him, fabian nicieza, gail simone, and other creators turned his garbage into gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Guys...He said 90's cartoon, not 90's comics.
    If you look at his twitter, you can see he has a beef against the current status-quo of the X-Men

As much as I love the 90's, and feel there's a lot about the last two decades I haven't liked, you cannot remain in the past without being stagnant. Do I agree and love everything about HOX/POX/DOX, absolutely not. But it's fresh, it's new and different. the concept of mutants is about evolution, which is much the opposite of stagnation. Besides, if Liefeld had his way he'd have all the X-Men defeeted.

Also given his tropes and his art style, he's about the last person I'd look to for advice. His work was edgy that worked in a capsule of about 2-3 years. After that he showed he could not grow. And we have outgrown him.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Do you have a source for this? Liefeld has a lot of petty beefs with people in the industry but I have never seen him call out or allude to anything with Ayala.
    Looks like he deleted the tweet, but here is Zac Thompson's response (and his response to Zac): https://twitter.com/ZacBeThompson/st...82661050998784
    Make Good Art

BANNED

he knows his audience crossover with the sort of people that torment young writers like ayala, so he knew what he was doing, so he doesnt deserve any sympathy in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirai View Post
    If you look at his twitter, you can see he has a beef against the current status-quo of the X-Men
    It's just a tantrum because he somehow thought Major X was the first step for Marvel to entrust him with relaunching the entire mutant line.

He lives totally oblivious to reality.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Casually just googling a picture of Major X And knowing nothing about the "plot":

It's Cable isn't it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Casually just googling a picture of Major X And knowing nothing about the "plot":

It's Cable isn't it.
    its his son with storm, somehow a baby of two extremely popular x-men went completly ignored, THAT's how bad the story was