Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Belive it or not, there writers were actually building a romantic relationship between Storm and Cable at one point, back when he was wearing his Cyclops inspired costume. This isn't an idea Rob pulled out of thin air.
    The fact that any writer thought it would be a good idea to have Storm who is the best friend of Jean Grey and long time friend of Cyclops get into a relationship with their son is baffling and its even more baffling that Liefeld would breathe new life into such a terrible idea and then make it even WORSE.

Bad ideas deserve to die bad deaths.

Can this guy just like... go away?

After a long time of meh books we're finally getting some nice content, nobody wants more Major X.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The fact that any writer thought it would be a good idea to have Storm who is the best friend of Jean Grey and long time friend of Cyclops get into a relationship with their son is baffling and its even more baffling that Liefeld would breathe new life into such a terrible idea and then make it even WORSE.

Bad ideas deserve to die bad deaths.
    Well
    A. A clone of Jean birthed Cable
    B. She wasn't around while he was growing up
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well
    A. A clone of Jean birthed Cable
    B. She wasn't around while he was growing up
    Jean raised Cable though, so she’s his mom in the way that matters most.

You mean Storm wasn’t around when Cable was growing up? That’s fair.

Still, the X-Office thought pairing up Rachel and Kurt was seemingly a good idea...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member

He is the old man yells at clouds meme given form

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    And this connects him to comicsgate? Really reaching far there.
    He is probably not but when ANYONE takes shots at the current talent in the industry-THEY come a running to toss in comments.

I would suspect it went like this-New Mutants gets a new writer. Someone asks if it was him and he is just saying no it's not him coming to save the book this time.

That is not so much a dig at Vita but whoever they are replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He is probably not but when ANYONE takes shots at the current talent in the industry-THEY come a running to toss in comments.

I would suspect it went like this-New Mutants gets a new writer. Someone asks if it was him and he is just saying no it's not him coming to save the book this time.

I don't think it was meant to be a big at anybody. I'm not even sure he knew who the new writer would be. I think he was just joking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yeah he could have been taking a shot at Hickman himself.

Mighty Member

My problem with this is basically him thinking he’s still the ****. He was great in the 90s. No doubt. I loved that whole New Mutants to X-force change over. The aesthetic was there. He had good concepts for the costumes. But did he write anything? Designing a character’s look is one thing, but writing that character and making them stand out is another thing. After leaving Marvel and creating Youngblood (which at the time I loved) he just used the same character designs. All the feral type characters look a like.

I haven’t purchased Major X, but all the art is just the same designs from the 90’s. There’s nothing new or fresh about him. If he wants to talk about actual art from the 90s, he should talk to Jim Lee.. if someone said Lee is coming to draw a 12 issue arc, I’d be all about it. His designs were the ones that stood out. Rogue, Jean, Storm, Cyclops... those costumes have stood the test of time.

Perch had a pretty good take on this. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKbr_685DA4
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Who would have guessed back in the early 90s.. that come 2020 Liefeld would be on the same page as Claremont in hating the current stuff! I actually agree with a Claremont and Liefeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    2000's X-Men was all about breaking the '90s and dudebros didn't think it was bad. The hate against the current era has everything to do with the fact that Krakoa shows progress and community and culture and pride. It's not a coincidence that most people who cared about X-Men because of the metaphor(or at least their fight for their rights regardless of how it paralleled to real world struggles) enjoy it, and people who just think of the X-Men as a cool superhero team like any others are against it.
    This is BS and you know it! There are a lot of legit reasons this current Krakoa stuff is trash! This Hickman stuff isn’t good people.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 09-26-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Who would have guessed back in the early 90s.. that come 2020 Liefeld would be on the same page as Claremont in hating the current stuff! I actually agree with a Claremont and Liefeld.

This is BS and you know it! There are a lot of legit reasons this current Krakoa stuff is trash! This Hickman stuff isn’t good people.

I feel like those who are ambivelant or actively dislike the current stuff are in the minority.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah I don't mind Hickman's new take but inferencing that people who aren't fans of a massive, line-wide overhaul to the status quo just don't like it because of hangups with actual, real life minorities is ridiculous.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 09-26-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah I don't mind Hickman's new take but inferencing that people who aren't fans of a massive, line-wide overhaul to the status quo just don't like it because of hangups with actual, real life minorities is ridiculous.
    Agreed! Especially when some of Hickman's and Krakoa's critics are minorities themselves. Or the fact that despite being stand-ins for minorities the vast majority of X-Men/mutants are white and straight. But we don't talk about such things because Krakoa.

All-New Member

What has Claremont said about hox/pox/dox?