Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Liefeld has some thoughts

Yes lets keep the characters stagnant and never evolve past the 90s. And I say this with 90s Rogue emoji as my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Yes lets keep the characters stagnant and never evolve past the 90s. And I say this with 90s Rogue emoji as my avatar

In the words of the Honest Movie Trailer voice... "See, this is why we can't have nice things!"

In the words of us fans, "this is why we're creating a series of our own..." LOL

I didn't like '90s era X-men all that much. Don't recall I thought the cartoon too great either. I may not think current era is too hot, but X-books is the one place I don't have '90s nostalgia going on.

the prophet has spoken let us now do the exact opposite of what he says
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

What? You don't want more Major X?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

If by evolution you mean the characters of XXIst century have nothing to do with those of the 90s, I agree, they have nothing to do.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Yeah back in the 90's when you fail to move beyond it you get major X

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Man who was paid huge amounts of money for 90s comics insists comics should be like 90s comics which he coincidentally made lots of money from.

If only there was some way to decipher what he means by this cryptic, intriguing message, clearly issued out of genuine concern for the franchise he has loved all his life and never once burned, ripped off or deliberately shafted in 1992 by being late with art and hiding his resignation until the most critical moment.

EDIT - In fairness to Rob, the idea that he posesses the attention span or intelligence to read an entire 20 pages of a comic (unassisted) gave me a right proper chuckle.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I like the 90s stuff a lot but doing something that isnt the 90s isn't automatically bad. Plus I'm sure whoever takes over after Hickman will do something more traditional anyways so if Liefelds that mad he can just wait a year or two more.

I meeean it would be nice if writers actually knew a lil sh!t about the characters
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I like the 90s stuff a lot but doing something that isnt the 90s isn't automatically bad. Plus I'm sure whoever takes over after Hickman will do something more traditional anyways so if Liefelds that mad he can just wait a year or two more.
    liefeld is mad his major x was an enourmous flop and he was kicked out in favour of hickman

BANNED

Anyone got a link to the actual tweet? I'd LOVE to see what sort of shade he's been getting in response.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeean it would be nice if writers actually knew a lil sh!t about the characters
    Like that font of character knowledge *checks notes* .... Rob. Liefeld.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Anyone got a link to the actual tweet? I'd LOVE to see what sort of shade he's been getting in response.
    https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...97567265636352