Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Fallen Angels was mostly good and didn't deserve the hate, in this essay I will-
    I liked it too, but even the least well recieved one outsold his supposed "glorious return" to the x-men that isnt even canon anymore, it's just so enjoyable/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    lol hope the anti-Hickman folks are happy knowing they have comicsgaters by their side
    comicsgaters also talk about comics, better stop

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Why would we go back to the dumbest decade?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    comicsgaters also talk about comics, better stop
    Actually, the whole comics medium gets so toxic sometimes that yeah I kinda wish to do that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Actually, the whole comics medium gets so toxic sometimes that yeah I kinda wish to do that
    Yeah, maybe Rob wouldn't be so worked up about how the X-Men were doing if he just stopped reading everything everyone was saying about anything he has the slightest interest in and then throwing his opinions out there to be jumped on by people looking to get worked up about something too.

Maybe we would all enjoy our comics more.

I don't think he wants the 90s back. If you want a reference, it seems he would be praising the X-Men if Cates was doing his magic on it.
    So if Knull created the x-gene then. That is basically the worst of 90s comics stamping on a human face forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    2000's X-Men was all about breaking the '90s and dudebros didn't think it was bad. The hate against the current era has everything to do with the fact that Krakoa shows progress and community and culture and pride. It's not a coincidence that most people who cared about X-Men because of the metaphor(or at least their fight for their rights regardless of how it paralleled to real world struggles) enjoy it, and people who just think of the X-Men as a cool superhero team like any others are against it.
    You know, I think you're onto something.

Cool that Rob has an opinion but the 90s are dead. Let dead stay dead.

We Krakoa now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I don't think he wants the 90s back. If you want a reference, it seems he would be praising the X-Men if Cates was doing his magic on it.
    Of course he wants the 90’s back, he’d love to be relevant again.

Maybe we would all enjoy our comics more.
    Well that doesn't seem at all likely.

Astonishing Member

He can't draw feet, only when he lears that is he allowed to have a oppinion

Fashion and comics are the only things that weren't good about the '90s.
    MAGNETO was right,TONY was right, VARYS was right.

Proud member of House Ravenclaw and loyal bannerman to House Baratheon

"I am an optimist even though I am told everything I do is negative and cynical" --Armando Iannucci

Mighty Member

Wasn't the 90s the decade that had X-men#1 the highest selling comic of all time and spawned the famed blue and gold teams. The books that were consistently at the top of the charts and really pushed the X-Men into the public consciousness in a big way. Now people consider that era trash? I guess it really is a " what have you done for me lately" time we are living in. Twenty years from now can we expect the Krakoa era to be considered trash as well?

Hickman’s Krakoa is here to stay haters. We had to endure awful consecutive periods from Bendis to Soule to Guggenheim to Rosenberg. We deserve a break after that long period of torture.

This new status quo with the X-Men has never been better and it’s clearly well received all over. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.
    Last edited by Project Initiative Cascada; 09-25-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Wasn't the 90s the decade that had X-men#1 the highest selling comic of all time and spawned the famed blue and gold teams. The books that were consistently at the top of the charts and really pushed the X-Men into the public consciousness in a big way. Now people consider that era trash? I guess it really is a " what have you done for me lately" time we are living in. Twenty years from now can we expect the Krakoa era to be considered trash as well?
    While I suppose time moves on, it did not feel that long ago that the X-boards entry point seemed to be The Animated Series followed by Generation X. I don't think Hickman era is going to hit 90s era scorn, but it will probably be somewhere like Morrison-Whedon. Although we might still be a few years from that era becoming the new 90s.