View Poll Results: What costume should Wally West wear now?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic shiny red suit circa 1990s

    28 25.23%
  • Dark Flash/Rebirth Ď08 suit

    9 8.11%
  • Hair free Rebirth 2016 suit

    60 54.05%
  • Something new

    14 12.61%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 135
  1. #46
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Imagine Dick calling himself Batman while wearing pixie shoes and showing off his thighs.



    You kind of split the dissenting opinion into two. There's not that much difference between 2008 and the 90s. Classic third party candidate. Still it was an obvious outcome. It's popular and every Barry focused fan would choose the one that makes him look the least like Barry. And Barry is WAY more popular than Wally.
    I prefer Wally to Barry and I think the hair out look is just cooler.

    If your theory is correct, the other options would equal more than 50%. Currently, the other options are only about 30% of the vote

  2. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    agreed, people don't usually think less of Nightwing for still wearing his Robin domino mask as Nightwing.


    yeah that's the one thing I'd change.
    Except Nightwing isn't calling himself Robin and his costume isn't just a black and blue variation of his Robin costume.

  3. #48
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,391

    Default


    For those that want to see wally with open hair and old cowl or face mask.

  4. #49
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If your theory is correct, the other options would equal more than 50%. Currently, the other options are only about 30% of the vote
    You're wrong here. I'll come back when I have the time (this is loooooooooooooooooooooooong post), but the numbers, in this case, means very little.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  5. #50
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    You're wrong here. I'll come back when I have the time (this is loooooooooooooooooooooooong post), but the numbers, in this case, means very little.
    Agreed. It's an Internet poll with a very limited number of fans. Plus, this is all largely irrelevant anyway. AOL is clearly looking to refocus DC Comics towards a less hobbyist readership, so characters like Wally, who are grounded in the long-running continuity aren't going to be a major factor moving forward.

    We're essentially arguing over who gets the best seats on Titanic as its sinking

  6. #51
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    22,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Brett Booth's TITANS design: varied shades of the classic scarlet accented with the blue-silver lightning detail. Open cowl.
    I rather liked this one, even if clashed like hell with his hair.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

  7. #52
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3,146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The open cowl is what all the kid/teen speedsters wear. Avery. Wallace. Bart. Iris. It's not unique to Wally. The only ones who break that trend are Jesse and Johnny, but they're their own line.

    Seems more like being sat at the kid's table than something meant for Wally.
    Nah, itís more like kids want to dress like and emulate the cool grown up they look up to.
    Artistically, the number of open cowl designs speaks to that look being more aesthetically pleasing (imo).

  8. #53
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I prefer Wally to Barry and I think the hair out look is just cooler.

    If your theory is correct, the other options would equal more than 50%. Currently, the other options are only about 30% of the vote
    My theory is there's more Barry fans. Why wouldn't they have the majority?

    Heck it's not even a theory. It is a demonstrable fact that Wally has less fans than Barry after 15 years of intentional sabotage.

  9. #54
    Fantastic Member witchboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    374

    Default

    The classic yellow and red Kid Flash suit is his best suit. Why not use it? It's popular, and it clearly distinguishes him from other Flashes.

  10. #55
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    Honestly, in the aesthetics aspect, I like Rebirth Wally suit a lot more than any Flash suit.

    That said, I don't think he has much hope with the Rebirth suit, since he will continue in a secondary role to Barry.

    However, this issue goes beyond the suit Wally wears. He could wear a suit identical to Barry, but DC will surely prefer to focus on only one Flash (Barry).

  11. #56
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    You kind of split the dissenting opinion into two. There's not that much difference between 2008 and the 90s. Classic third party candidate. Still it was an obvious outcome. It's popular and every Barry focused fan would choose the one that makes him look the least like Barry. And Barry is WAY more popular than Wally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    My theory is there's more Barry fans. Why wouldn't they have the majority?

    Heck it's not even a theory. It is a demonstrable fact that Wally has less fans than Barry after 15 years of intentional sabotage.
    Guys, you do realise that Flash Forward sold about the same as Barry's ongoing book, right? To me, that shows that they're equally popular.

    Wally having a costume that looked like Barry's made sense when Barry was dead and therefore not using it. Not any more. Honestly, it's like saying all Green Lanterns should wear Hal's uniform.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #57
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    My theory is there's more Barry fans. Why wouldn't they have the majority?

    Heck it's not even a theory. It is a demonstrable fact that Wally has less fans than Barry after 15 years of intentional sabotage.
    If I can prefer Wally to Barry, yet think the Rebirth suit looks cooler, is it not possible that other fans of Wally could feel the same thing? Why does this need to be yet another Barry vs. Wally thing?

    I've got no bones in this either way. I just want good Flash stories.

    Hell, I think it's pretty unlikely that Wally's going to be the lead of an ongoing solo Flash book given the corporate bean counters' decision to trim the line and that sucks, frankly, but the current market can't sustain chasing the same aging hobbyist market anymore.

    I think for Wally West to be a going concern, he's got to have an immediately identifiable visual hook that distinguishes him from his uncle. Wearing Barry's suit as a way of honoring his late mentor made perfect sense when he was dead, but Barry's not dead anymore and I think it's highly unlikely that he's going to be dead again in the foreseeable future. I have no idea what role Wally West will play in the downsized DCU moving forward, but I don't think pretending it's the 1990s is the way to go. I respect that you and others feel differently, though.

    Of course, I could be completely wrong and DC is indeed planning on a big push for OG Wally West as the primary Flash wearing his old 90s duds. However, I think the chances of that are pretty slim, even without Dan Didio around anymore.

  13. #58
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Guys, you do realise that Flash Forward sold about the same as Barry's ongoing book, right? To me, that shows that they're equally popular.

    Wally having a costume that looked like Barry's made sense when Barry was dead and therefore not using it. Not any more.
    I think the market could handle two Flash books, but I'm not so sure if the current DC editorial wants two books if they are indeed reducing the line and refocusing on the much, much larger Scholastic audience.

    That said, I think Wally West could be a great lead for a continuity-free YA comic....but not as good as Impulse and Wallace West would be.

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Just go back to the red and yellow Kid Flash suit and give him a new name. That suit is his, it looks cool, there's nothing wrong with it, and it's probably not a good idea for him to look like Barry Allen.

    If the other version of Wally West is using that costume (I assume he is, but I'm not certain), then he can (and should) get another costume.
    Last edited by Hi-Max; 09-27-2020 at 06:49 AM.

  15. #60
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Max View Post
    Just go back to the red and yellow Kid Flash suit and give him a new name. That suit is his, it looks cool, there's nothing wrong with it, and it's probably not a good idea for him to look like Barry Allen.

    If the other version of Wally West is using that costume (I assume he is, but I'm not certain), then he can (and should) get another costume.
    Fine, have barry vacate the flash title to jay garrick. He should get a new title. How about mr. Late for everything?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •