Default Suicide Squad #10 Spoilers/Discussion (Penultimate issue)

Alright so it’s the penultimate issue of Tom Taylor’s Suicide Squad run, which I’m both excited and sad about because while I’ve enjoyed the story and I want to see how it ends I’m also disappointed to see it end in 11 issues, but hey what can you do when all series are ending for post-Death Metal relaunch/future state. Now all that said I’ve pretty much got to put into the spoiler box my entire thoughts on this issue, at this point we’re in so deep we got no point but to talk spoilers from page one. I’ll say this though, this is a good issue if you have been following the story up into this point as lot of elements are coming together as the story ends.

spoilers:
    Alright so Deadshot is dead, he got shot through the chest and head and fell out a glass window when the team caught him midair. This is comics and so he might be back later but for now Floyd Lawton is dead by the hands of Black Mask.

Ted Kords alive however, they caught him in time before he goes splat on the curb and he basically lets them all know that it’s been Black Mask all along. Everything that has happened in this series has been at the hands of black mask, who tries to get away in a jet. Of course that doesn’t work when you got a teleporter and a flyer who are dating each other and not buying cheap shapeshifter tricks.

They catch him and are off to the races because TNTeen’s sister is about to explode violently on an island nation and only black mask knows where she is. Luckily they interrogate him and also knock off his face, so I guess he’s not pulling that shapeshifting off any time soon.

Oh and the team can trust Ted because not-Lagoon Boy reads his mind and figures out he’s Blue Beetle, so it’s all cool because Black Mask was the real villain and Ted is a superhero.

Anyway so they find tnteen’s sister and pretty much she’s about to go off and the issue ends on a cliffhanger as Zebraman is the only one who can hold it off with his force field powers...which unfortunately may not be able to handle the blast as the next issue offers Death...no literally the to be continued at the bottom simply say Next: DEATH.

So basically the final issue will be how the squad/revolutionaries and Blue Beetle are going to get out of this massive explosion and if there will be any survivors, because apparently Taylor may have plans for any of the remaining revolutionaries.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I liked this issue and the series all together. I don't think Deadshot will be dead for too long. They left his body behind and someone will pick it up and bring him back.

I will also kind of miss this series. I mean, the writing is lazy to the extreme[*] and full of unfortunate implications [**], but the artwork has been consistently good. I'm going to miss the latter very much.

[*] Wink, spoilers:
    ambushed by Black Mask, who absolutely knows that she's without a doubt the most dangerous member of the Revolutionaries due to
    her superpower, gets shot-- in the shoulder.
    end of spoilers Gee, Mr. Taylor, could you please make her plot armor just a little bit more evident?

[**] Thank GOD nobody reads comic books anymore! In the age when an issue selling 100,000 copies was a huge disappointment, the s**tstorm caused by issue #9 would have been a sight to behold! Can you imagine? Mere days before a group of fanatic political extremists were arrested before they could kidnap (and quite possibly brutalize) the Governor of Michigan because they violently opposed her mask mandate, a comic book is published where the protagonists, whose righteousness is never questioned, abduct, torture and leave a sitting senator of the United States to die, justifying the latter action with an off-hand comment about it being a just desserts for an anti-environmentalist piece of legislation he sponsored.

I'm not the kind of person who gets in a fuss over politics in comics-- I'm the kind of person who doesn't want hacks like Tom Taylor to touch politics with a 30-foot pole!
    Last edited by Powertool; 11-01-2020 at 03:03 PM.

I’ve really enjoyed this series and I’m very much going to miss it. It definitely had the Ostrander-like vibe that any of these characters (besides Harley of course) could die on any page.

spoilers:
    im sure the team is going to be saved by the certain friends Ted mentioned. It’ll most likely be Guy and Booster but I’m really hoping Jaime is with them.
    end of spoilers