Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spider-Man 77 show

What did you think of the Nicholas Hammond 77 show?

Incredible Member

I appreciate that Spider-Nan's rogues might look a bit silly for the time unless they were doing something deliberately camp like the '66 Batman show but they could have done some costumed villains.

Based on the few episodes I've seen there was no Jameson rivalry or Aunt May or really any of the supporting cast that might have helped give the show some character.

Even special effects-wise seeing Spider-Man crawl up walls and swing from things looked less impressive than what the Japanese show was pulling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I appreciate that Spider-Nan's rogues might look a bit silly for the time unless they were doing something deliberately camp like the '66 Batman show but they could have done some costumed villains.

Based on the few episodes I've seen there was no Jameson rivalry or Aunt May or really any of the supporting cast that might have helped give the show some character.

Even special effects-wise seeing Spider-Man crawl up walls and swing from things looked less impressive than what the Japanese show was pulling off.
    The crawlspace podcast just did an interview with the stars yesterday.

https://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/...-cast-reunion/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

it should be referenced in any "live action" spider-verse feature.
    but more than that, Disney+ needs to put the show online. Not sure what the hold up is, what video rights have to be sorted through. The movie franchise has been around for 18 years now, there's no "brand confusion" that is created from putting this out on a streaming service or blu-ray. I suspect Avi Arad may have wanted to see the show "buried" by the time the first movie projects were developed...