Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #9 preview/Spoiler discussion

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm almost crying from those throwback costumes. I quite love the old Dawnstar so it's s great nod for me.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Grell just couldn't help himself, huh? I love it. That's The kind of Easter egg you hope for in these big jam issues.

Love the new Shadow Lass design. I wish she'd get more use.

I liked it but Jon still feels like the weak link. I don't hate teen Jon I'm just indifferent to him. Right now Superlad does a better job explaining the potential of Bendis's decisions than the work itself.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-29-2020 at 09:30 AM.

I didn't really care about everything that was going on visually stunning comic book but the writing is just so meh, and I absolutely hated the ending Bendis needs to go

I really love this issue - even more so than the previous one. It displays the personalities of each character quite well and sets up so many new things! And the Great Darkness.. Yeah, it's obviously a nod to the Great Darkness Saga but I think it'll go differently. Hopefully this Legion is here to stay after december, but I'm a little afraid it won't happen.

Hah looks like spoilers:
    Irma and Jon getting together isn’t a fake out. Kid’s got a thing for telepathic blondes.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah looks like spoilers:
    Irma and Jon getting together isn’t a fake out. Kid’s got a thing for telepathic blondes.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wish his first kiss was with Kathy and not Teen Jean redux.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I wish his first kiss was with Kathy and not Teen Jean redux.
    end of spoilers
    It may still end up being so if spoilers:
    the theories that this Jon is from Earth 3 and kid Jon is still on Earth 3.
    end of spoilers

Really nice showcase of art here. I don’t know if I’ll keep pulling the title but I did enjoy popping my head in again here.

We all knew this was coming so I can't even really be mad. What I am mad about is that Bendis seemed to have done it in the exact same manner that made me despise his take on Jean Grey. Come to think of it, didn't he have Ultimate Jean do that **** too? What is with him and writing telepaths who don't understand the concept of privacy? XD

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

It may still end up being so if spoilers:
    the theories that this Jon is from Earth 3 and kid Jon is still on Earth 3.
    end of spoilers

Really nice showcase of art here. I don’t know if I’ll keep pulling the title but I did enjoy popping my head in again here.
    I know about the twist in action comics, but I don’t buy that having anything to do with Jon. Remember Clark did a bunch of tests on Jon when he first came back as a teen. They would have been able to detect something.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I know about the twist in action comics, but I don’t buy that having anything to do with Jon. Remember Clark did a bunch of tests on Jon when he first came back as a teen. They would have been able to detect something.
    Oh I remember. But I also remember how Marvel ended up contradicting everything they set up with the O5 X-Men when they decided to send them back home. And how Bendis recently just completely undid everything he did with Tim Drake in YJ. Ultimately everything is at the whim of editorial, so everything is only as canon as they want it to be. That said I don’t really believe that’s how things will play out myself, and I’m becoming fond of this new Legion. Was cool to see Gary Frank draw a page, still steamed that Legion run with him and Johns never happened. Frank’s art looked really good here too, better than even his usual imo.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So yeah, Jon has a type now.

And did I miss something in Action #1025 because I thought it just revealed Leone wasn't a native of our Earth.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Oh I remember. But I also remember how Marvel ended up contradicting everything they set up with the O5 X-Men when they decided to send them back home. And how Bendis recently just completely undid everything he did with Tim Drake in YJ. Ultimately everything is at the whim of editorial, so everything is only as canon as they want it to be. That said I don’t really believe that’s how things will play out myself, and I’m becoming fond of this new Legion. Was cool to see Gary Frank draw a page, still steamed that Legion run with him and Johns never happened. Frank’s art looked really good here too, better than even his usual imo.
    Good point about the young justice twist, but I'm still a tad bit doubtful they'd do something like that. Especially if Jon as Superman is still happening, might as well keep his development as a teenager with the legion.