Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wonder Woman (2009)

13 48.15%
  • Wonder Woman: Bloodlines

14 51.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I liked Nathan Fillion as Steve. But the story in Bloodlines, while not perfect, is better.

Plus seeing Diana go alpha level, as opposed to high class street fighter.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I prefer Bloodlines over 2009, but both are pretty good, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

I just finished watching it again on Netflix.

And yes, it’s MUCH better.

All the voice cast are great, but Rosario D as Diana and Jason “Burn Notice” Donovan are amazing.

Dr Cyber.

Ferdinand.

Villainy Inc.

“I’m not flying with Superman now.”

Julia and Vanessa.

Pretty much perfect writing for Diana, even redressing Rucka’s errors (IMO) regarding her attitude to Medusa. No man-dissing diatribes was MUCH appreciated.

I’d give this 9 out of 10 and rank it the BEST feature with WW outside the 2017 movie.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I just finished watching it again on Netflix.

And yes, it’s MUCH better.

All the voice cast are great, but Rosario D as Diana and Jason “Burn Notice” Donovan are amazing.

Dr Cyber.

Ferdinand.

Villainy Inc.

“I’m not flying with Superman now.”

Julia and Vanessa.

Pretty much perfect writing for Diana, even redressing Rucka’s errors (IMO) regarding her attitude to Medusa. No man-dissing diatribes was MUCH appreciated.

I’d give this 9 out of 10 and rank it the BEST feature with WW outside the 2017 movie.
    The movie still makes Medusa a complete monster. Not seeing how any errors were redressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The movie still makes Medusa a complete monster. Not seeing how any errors were redressed.
    Think it's more that Diana gave Medusa the chance to stand down than how Medusa was depicted.

But at least Wonder Woman tried to appeal to her before realizing there was no other option other than fighting her...and what a fight it was .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Think it's more that Diana gave Medusa the chance to stand down than how Medusa was depicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But at least Wonder Woman tried to appeal to her before realizing there was no other option other than fighting her...and what a fight it was .
    Considering Medusa in the comics has killed at least three people before Diana learned she was on the loose, I'm not seeing why Diana was obligated to go easy on her. I feel like too often the onus is placed on Diana to reach out while fans ignore the villain instigating the conflict in the first place.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-15-2020 at 04:22 PM.

Considering Medusa in the comics has killed at least three people before Diana learned she was on the loose, I'm not seeing why Diana was obligated to go easy on her. I feel like too often the onus is placed on Diana to reach out while fans ignore the villain instigating the conflict in the first place.
    I think it's very in-character for Wonder Woman to avoid conflict whenever possible. I'm not arguing against how Rucka handled it, but the scene in the movie was a great moment for Diana in my opinion.

I don't disagree Diana's actions weren't unwarranted in the comics or that Diana usually gets held to a higher standard than other DC characters when it comes to her killing, I just liked seeing it showcased in another medium Diana didn't go for the "sword first" policy.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-15-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I don't disagree Diana's actions weren't warranted in the comics or that Diana usually gets held to a higher standard than other DC characters when it comes to her killing, I just liked seeing it showcased in another medium Diana didn't go for the "sword first" policy.
    Especially since this is technically the same Wonder Woman who was swinging her sword around like a madwoman when she first appeared and cut up a bunch of poor Atlantean soldiers who didn't know any better....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially since this is technically the same Wonder Woman who was swinging her sword around like a madwoman when she first appeared and cut up a bunch of poor Atlantean soldiers who didn't know any better....
    Yeah, haven't seen the JL/Aquaman movie but real disconnect Bloodlines was supposed to be in the same universe as the Diana from JL: War.

Like in Injustice when they gave that Diana the Gadot suit.

Incredible Member

This isn't just a response to Agent Z, but to everyone. The movie makes it pretty clear this isn't the real Medusa, but she's a creation of Dr. Poison. Dr. Poison even has a line about making more of her before Medusa turns her into stone. I think it's okay if a "replica" - as Medusa states - is portrayed as a monster.

Extraordinary Member

Cheetah has killed more and still gets a second, third, and forty-seventh chance.

Diana’s first thought in the comic was “I’ll have to kill her.” Not very WW, IMO, but Rucka was building up to the whole Maxwell Lord debacle.

Extraordinary Member

No, it’s Medusa. She says as much. “Could a replica fo this?”

I think if you BUILT a Medusa, you would have better control of it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    This isn't just a response to Agent Z, but to everyone. The movie makes it pretty clear this isn't the real Medusa, but she's a creation of Dr. Poison. Dr. Poison even has a line about making more of her before Medusa turns her into stone. I think it's okay if a "replica" - as Medusa states - is portrayed as a monster.
    Even if it was the real Medusa, it's not necessarily inaccurate to portray her as a monster. The earliest versions of the myth had her and her sisters born monstrous with the stone gaze. Later versions added a consensual affair with Poseidon in Athena's temple. Ovid's Metamorphosis seems to be the first version to turn the affair into a rape, whereas before she was not meant to be sympathetic in the two prior versions.

I think a WW story that tackles the Ovid version could be very interesting, but I think if Medusa is used as a villain (and she's a cool one), then using one of the earlier versions like Rucka did is valid.