Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
I think the thing that bothered me with the mutant hate was how wide spread it was. Like 99 percent of the humans I have seen in the comics, (Random crowd, government etc..) Not only hated the mutants to what seemed like an unreasonable degree and were perfectly okay with the mass murder of mutants. Like I dont think Jane housewife in Idaho would really really feel strongly about mutants. Yet it was always they are a threat lets kill them all. Granted it wasnt all the time but there were times it was just so over the top.

I mean the every day people in New York forming mobs to go after mutants. An issue I read with a kid in Indiana who turned out to be a mutant and all the people he has known his whole life and family chasing him down and trying to kill him. Its just too much at times.
I’ve been an advocate for more sympathetic human characters in the X-books, I even posited a multi-faceted approach to the mutant issue in the unpopular opinions thread (I think, it might’ve been another thread).