Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
I have discussed this a lot in this forum, for me the problems always comes down to the baggage the mutants have, baggage that real-life minorities dont have.

The mutant concept would never be realistically solved without the X-Men eventually compromise their ideology and accepting that there has to be a form of control for them. The second problem is what Killerbee911 said, other superpeople would have to face the same form of control. The large Marvel Universe didnt follow the mutant narrative and has never try to establish cohesion between different series.

I understand why they did that, they want to give writers a lot of freedom and not be dragged by other books themes, at the same time too much freedom has leads to problems and unnecessary retcons. I think the universe and the global narrative would benefit with some common structures in the setting.
This isn't to say Marvel handled it perfectly but your point reminds me that canonically, the Superhero Registration Act at the center of Civil War was modeled after the Mutant Registration Act, and that's why several non-mutant supers were against it. Marvel really could stand to further develop that connection if it cared about the analogy.