Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

It makes me wonder how old the daughters are, technically. I mean when were they born, if they were born in the past they'd technically be hundreds of years old. And if they were actually born in the future then how would you technically describe their age...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Edit: Sorry, missed this one:

According to Ed Solomon, one of the creators of the franchise, the babies at the end of Bogus Journey are indeed the same daughters in Face the Music. There's a line in the 3rd movie where spoilers:
    Ted's father regrets going along with calling the girls Lil Bill and Lil Ted because while everyone thought it was a cute idea, it only started the kids on the path to emulating their dads.
    end of spoilers

IRL in the second movie, the babies really were intended to be sons, but the casting department cast two baby girls (which is still common practice in TV/Film -- who would ever know?). Solomon learned of this behind-the-scenes fact and decided to run with the idea when he first started working on the script in the mid-2000s, especially since there are old female counterparts to the names Bill & Ted (Wilhelmina and Theodora, and hence Billie and Thea).

Yeah, Bill and Ted had great knowledge of rock music in the first two films but the daughters have extensive knowledge of music, music history, and music theory, spoilers:
    which is what enabled them to assemble the supergroup in the first place. Plus, at the very least they knew how to pronounce those figures' names in contrast to the running joke of the first movie of Bill and Ted constantly mispronouncing historical names (So-Crates). And then, of course, the prophecy ended up being that the daughters were the ones all along who would write the song that would repair all of space and time while their dads (The Great Ones) bring it all together -- Bill and Ted were smart enough to know that they weren't actually smart enough to write the song, but in the same amount of time they spent looking for that song was the amount of time (roughly) it took the girls to assemble the band and make the song. Plus, they accomplished their time travel mission faster and more directly than Bill and Ted did in the first movie, and Billie even kept Bill and Ted focused when dealing with Death in Hell.
    end of spoilers

Maybe the sweetest example though was at the beginning at the wedding -- the girls were the only ones who knew what Bill and Ted (who are now great and experienced musicians themselves, even if washed up) were going for with that ... unique... piece. It may have sounded terrible, but the girls appreciated what was going on and were digging it.

But it's also strongly implied that a lot of that is from their upbringing, and so saving the universe was a family effort.

And if you haven't seen the original movies, I'd strongly urge to. They're officially free on YouTube (not pirated) and they're very sweet and whimsical, but you'd get a better picture of Bill and Ted's problem solving skills compared to their daughters. The dads have a much harder time making the simplest connections, but they still try their best and it's endearing...and surprisingly effective.
    Thanks for the reply.

Thanks to LoganAlpha as well.

I have heard of the films quite a bit. AVGN, memes, websites on films, etc. I wasn't particularly interested to hunt them down and see it. But after watching this i am quite interested to do so. You say its officially free on Youtube? Maybe i shall stop watching the clips from Bill and Ted 3, and search for those.

I love that first wedding scene. Its awkward and humorous. At 1st i thought that they were showing that Bill and Ted sucked. But it wasn't terrible. Rather out of place. The film is so sweet that i sort of dug it the 2nd time.

I found the daughters hilarious and charming. I didn't notice it the 1st time, but both were doing the conga with a couple of small girls in the background. For some reason i find it hilarious even if its a background thing.

I loved Anakin in The Phantom Menace. Lucas did a superb job with Vader's back story in the first episode. Can't understand the intense hate the actor got. After how Rey was written in the ST movies. I have a new appreciation for Anakin.

Extraordinary Member

Out of all the Jurassic Park/World movies, I liked Zach and Gray the best from the first Jurassic World. Like most brothers, there was tension between them. But I liked the way Zach softened up and tried to help Gray not be scared once they were stranded in the jungle with the Indominus Rex.

Ultimate Member

The prequels made me HATE Anakin, not just because he's the villain but they portrayed him as this idiotic emo fool, I never bought the romance between Anakin and Padme, part of all of this could be my view that Anakin should not have been redeemed at the end of the original movies, he did nothing to deserve it, he didn't truly admit that he'd done a lot of evil, it was just that there was still a small sliver of good in him so he gets to go to Jedi heaven...never liked that part...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Out of all the Jurassic Park/World movies, I liked Zach and Gray the best from the first Jurassic World. Like most brothers, there was tension between them. But I liked the way Zach softened up and tried to help Gray not be scared once they were stranded in the jungle with the Indominus Rex.
    The best Kid from Jurassic Park movies is the kid from Jurassic Pack 3. His survival instincts is one of the best I have seen in movies.

BANNED

I am usually very curious about kids in tv or films that is comic based. it has been played safe for a while now. this is one of my best.

Bruce Wayne from Batman Begins is also another wonderful take of a young Bruce Wayne who still deals with the trauma of loosing his parents

I think its nice when you can still want to sell toys with comic films but also respect some of the critical adult themes their source material represents.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-30-2020 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The prequels made me HATE Anakin, not just because he's the villain but they portrayed him as this idiotic emo fool, I never bought the romance between Anakin and Padme, part of all of this could be my view that Anakin should not have been redeemed at the end of the original movies, he did nothing to deserve it, he didn't truly admit that he'd done a lot of evil, it was just that there was still a small sliver of good in him so he gets to go to Jedi heaven...never liked that part...

Funny thing is a lot of fans at the time thought that the Jake Lloyd Anakin was a bit too nice, but then they decided to go in pretty much the opposite direction for the last two.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Ah, yes. The children debate.

Westerners seem to hate children on principle.

Ultimate Member

We don't hate children, just badly written and acted ones in movies and tv shows...

BANNED

We don't hate children, just badly written and acted ones in movies and tv shows...
    Or ones that are suffocating the entire movie, taking too much time away from the other characters.
    Last edited by Castle; 10-02-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

You mean “actual children”?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Ah, yes. The children debate.

Westerners seem to hate children on principle.
    Kevin McCallister would like a word...

...and that word is "YIKES!"

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Or ones that are suffocating the entire movie, taking too much time away from the other characters.
    This ^^^^^

Where the only purpose of the children is to appeal to a demographic, and adds nothing to the story.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You mean “actual children”?
    They are rarely portrayed as "actual children" in these circumstances.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!