I mean it's one of the best X-Men runs and my favorite version. I feel the true crime of it is how it's been left to collect dust when the entire universe is primed for creating a franchise that can be used for years. I mean hell it'd be a great way to move forward in the MCU and introduce the mutants by having Apocalypse and Sinister activate every human with an X-gene creating chaos across the world and using the confusion to carve out a chunk of the world for themselves. Also it's a fresh way of introducing the X-Men and having Apocalypse as the new big bad would be awesome as he's a credible threat I can absolutely see a movie about his rise to power where he kills the Avengers and decimates the world governments. He's also got potential for being a complex character as I loved reading some of his own stories I remember how he was abandoned for looking different, how his first love rejected him, and I loved this one moment in his fight with Dracula where it's pointed out by his servant that he always kills a decendant that resembles him as part of a sacrifice for waking him early. My point is Apocalypse could potentially make for a long running Antagonist with lots of layers if done right and one could argue he's less extreme then Thanos as his survival of the fittist ideology isn't without merit.