Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97
  1. #1
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Ethically what is the absolute latest Clark can wait to tell Lois the truth?

    By truth I mean that he's an alien from space. I think even we can all agree by the time she's pregnant with his child it's too late.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Before proposing to marriage or having her move in.

  3. #3
    Incredible Member Laufeyson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    503

    Default

    When he wanted to advance their relationship once and for all.
    Akui, Kyōfu, Fun'nu, Zōo, Zetsubō, Tōsō, Satsui, Hametsu, Zetsumetsu, Metsubō

    PERFECT CONCLUSION: LEARNING END

  4. #4
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    235

    Default

    He should tell her before the relationship becomes serious!! Being honest and upfront is always the best!!

  5. #5
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    177

    Default

    They start dating: the normal thing is that clark starts dating girls in high school, if he told every girl, there would be no secret.
    sex: more of the same, then NO.
    marriage: they are supposed to share a life together, so YES.
    But you have to keep in mind that Lois has secrets even when you're married, so Clark has no obligation to be honest.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Before proposing marriage, at the latest.

  7. #7
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    They start dating: the normal thing is that clark starts dating girls in high school, if he told every girl, there would be no secret.
    sex: more of the same, then NO.
    marriage: they are supposed to share a life together, so YES.
    But you have to keep in mind that Lois has secrets even when you're married, so Clark has no obligation to be honest.
    If that's the case with Lois, What's the point of being in a relationship with her ??? If they can't be completely honest with each other, which means no secrets!! What's the point??? It's ashame how sex has been de-valued today!! It's like a hand shake, what ashame!!!
    Last edited by lotchj; 09-27-2020 at 09:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,768

    Default

    Naturally, when he's telling her that he's Superman.

    Most adaptations don't "Superman being an alien" as a secret, so the main secret is that he's Superman.

    In "Lois & Clark", Lois initially turned down his first proposal because he wasn't really ready to open up to her, similar to MJ turning down Peter.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    If that's the case with Lois, What's the point of being in a relationship with her ??? If they can't be completely honest with each other, which means no secrets!! What's the point??? It's ashame how sex has been de-valued today!! It's like a hand shake, what ashame!!!
    Like it or not, nowadays it is normal that sex is just sex, you cannot tell your most important secrets (clark's secret puts his friends and family in danger) to anyone. I understand that there is talk of whether clark acts well or not by keeping his secret from lois, but we must not forget that in a relationship there are two people, and the relationship must be judged by the actions of both.

  10. #10
    Spectacular Member Stick Figure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    187

    Default

    He should never keep his identity secret from
    His close circle. The entire concept of a secret identity is so sleezy to me. He should never keep such a secret from his friends.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Before proposing marriage, at the latest.
    This is the absolute latest for me as well.

  12. #12
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    55,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Before proposing marriage, at the latest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is the absolute latest for me as well.
    Yeah. Or at least when the relationship is starting to get really serious.

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    10,647

    Default

    Before they start seriously dating, and well before they have sex for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    He should never keep his identity secret from
    His close circle. The entire concept of a secret identity is so sleezy to me. He should never keep such a secret from his friends.
    He's not the type of character to let people in that close right away, and the dichotomy between his two personas is a key characteristic. Any difficulty that results in this is often self inflicted, but that's a neurotic character flaw that makes him interesting. Getting rid of it altogether fundamentally misses the point of Superman's character. He's not like Wonder Woman or Iron-Man who don't really need a secret ID, it's not an intrinsic part of their character the way it is for him.

    It's sleazy if he is sleeping with Lois and knowingly deceiving her that he's two different people. Before they get to that point, keeping it from her and others is not sleazy.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    Before they make any serious relationship progress. Anything more than a couple dates, he has to tell her. Waiting until after they've had sex or the proposal is too long, frankly. Once he realizes he definitely wants to have her be part of his life in a larger way (and that she wants to as well) then he actually has to let her into his life full-stop.

  15. #15
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Before they make any serious relationship progress. Anything more than a couple dates, he has to tell her. Waiting until after they've had sex or the proposal is too long, frankly. Once he realizes he definitely wants to have her be part of his life in a larger way (and that she wants to as well) then he actually has to let her into his life full-stop.
    I agree!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •