Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Lois actually did suspect they were the same person and proved it several times but he always used some trickery like body doubles where he and "Superman" would be seen at the same time etc to try and dissuade her from pursuing her suspicions and still she kept pushing. Why then does that make make Lois "stupid" for some readers? It's the change in writing and as someone else said, live action or other mediums always neglected to show this part of their story which only reinforced the bad writing.
    Like with many things Superman, you can't expect people who are only vaguely familiar with the franchise to understand all of the details. Or, people just take out of it what they feel like taking out of it.

Plus, I dunno, it's kind of a funny parody of the character kind of like Will Arnett's take on modern-day Batman.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I think a guy who knew Clark Kent but never got to see Superman up close would ever think they're the same guy, but if someone had a personal relationship with both, like Lois traditionally has, there's no excuse for not knowing they're the same guy. Supes would need to be more proactive about his disguise.
    I think she knows but he can disprove it beyond any reasonable doubt. Between Superman robots and moving super fast to appear in two places at once, she could argue "Superman can do that" but not really prove he's not there. There's always an out with his many abilities and skills. As long as he can throw some haze over her aspersions, her journalistic integrity can't do more than suspect-- she has to prove it. That's how she works down to her soul.

So for my money, she knows. She absolutely figures it out, but she can't stick the landing, so to speak.

I hate that Tom King had it so Selina just figured it out a long time ago because, frankly, his Selina is a plot device. She knows whatever she needs to and beats whichever heroes she needs to in one panel. That sort of thing does more damage to Lois and Superman's supporting cast than it does to elevate Selina.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think superman is actually a monkey who transform into various things and is immortal. He was turned into stone and was cursed. But, je awoke in the modern times. He decided to steal moses/jesus backstory so that he could be worshiped by idiot masses and he wears glasses for disguise to let them all know how stupid they are. It works because humans are that fickle. He punched the king of the gods one time cause he made fun of him and tried to box him in.And he has a pig sidekick who i suspect is that pesky kid that runs around with red hair with him.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-02-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I think superman is actually a monkey who transform into various things and is immortal. He was turned into stone and was cursed. But, je awoke in the modern times. He decided to steal moses/jesus backstory so that he could be worshiped by idiot masses and he wears glasses for disguise to let them all know how stupid they are. It works because humans are that fickle. He punched the king of the gods one time cause he made fun of him and tried to box him in.And he has a pig sidekick who i suspect is that pesky kid that runs around with red hair with him.
    How much weed did you smoke for breakfast this morning, my dude?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    How much weed did you smoke for breakfast this morning, my dude?
    They're making a reference to Sun Wukong, the Monkey King.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    They're making a reference to Sun Wukong, the Monkey King.
    Yes, I know, but it's from left field entirely and has no relevance here. I'm familiar with Journey to the West.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yes, I know, but it's from left field entirely and has no relevance here. I'm familiar with Journey to the West.
    No weed, this entire thread is made on the basis of explaining the absurd. So maybe i wanted to put the monkey back in the conversation.

Besides, it would be the biggest plot twist of the century. Bigger than "i am your father". Superman can remain altruistic with the helping the little guy bit. I mean, sun wukong, hanuman... Etc were about that.And get back some of the old chaotic, funny and joky element.On top of that, many would get the game they wanted. Since, the monkey king is getting a game. It looks good as well.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-03-2020 at 09:51 PM.