Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would anyone be interested in his relationship with Plastique being brought back?
    Yeah, I’d like to see them have a nice rocky on again off again romance.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

What did they clash over? Apparently, they met in the Perez WW run and got along fine.

What was the potential in the New 52 version?
    If I remember correctly, they met during Invasion!, when Giffen & DeMatteis were writing him. In keeping with the tone of that run, their Capt. Atom was much... friendlier.

After being taken off the board for a couple of years, he showed back up and essentially challenged WW for Justice League leadership. They butted heads because he saw her as a pacifist, while she thought he was too hotheaded.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

I like the idea of him leading a team on bizarre science-y adventures, even through multiple realities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I like the idea of him leading a team on bizarre science-y adventures, even through multiple realities.
    He'd be a good fit on the Terrifics.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    It could be a train-wreck into a dumpster fire, but I kinda want to see Captain Atom, Hawkman and Guy Gardner together, all trying to out-alpha-dog one another. All three seem to get pegged as the lone ultra-conservative voice on a team, and it could be neat to see how they are actually quite different.

Extraordinary Member

He's been DC's go-to military man/government liaison type for a bit, so continuing that wouldn't hurt. Adding some sort of Silver Age wild super science adventures wouldn't hurt, with perhaps some time travel and other things of that nature could be fun. And please put him back with his JLE/JLI buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It could be a train-wreck into a dumpster fire, but I kinda want to see Captain Atom, Hawkman and Guy Gardner together, all trying to out-alpha-dog one another. All three seem to get pegged as the lone ultra-conservative voice on a team, and it could be neat to see how they are actually quite different.
    Hawkman and Guy are normally like that but not necessarily Captain Atom.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-05-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    He'd be a good fit on the Terrifics.
    Yeah, I would like to see him join the Terrifics. He would fit right in because of his quantum powers there is limitless potential that he could do with a team like the Terrifics.

Astonishing Member

Maybe have him lead a team that's connected to the government (but not Task Force X). I'm interested in seeing Nightshade and Peacemaker be a part of that team.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Maybe have him lead a team that's connected to the government (but not Task Force X). I'm interested in seeing Nightshade and Peacemaker be a part of that team.
    I think such an idea could work but replace Nightshade with her mother and put Nightshade with Shadowpact.

I'd also be interested in seeing team-ups with Captain Atom and Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I like the idea of a Big Guns version of Task Force X,(but maybe mix heroes and "villains trying to make a deal") where Suicide Squad is a more "boots on the ground" type of team.

But whether they're a government team or not, I like Captain Atom, Nightshade and Peacemaker being the "Charlton Trinity" of a team, mixed with a few other random B-level heroes. The Question can be a loosely affiliated character they enlist from time to time as an investigator, and Ted Kord can be the "retired hero" tech guy. (who eventually gets over his issues and suits up again)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-07-2020 at 07:09 AM.

BANNED

I think Captain Atom's most interesting superhero foils would be:

-Maxima, an alien conqueror whos desires would conflict with Cap's duties
    -Amazing Man, an hero who's powers are the solid, liquid, and gas to Cap's plasma and radition; also Cap might have experience with multiple members of this legacy through time
    -Booster Gold, most interesting as an opportunist looking to cash-in rather than serve
    -Blue Beetle, has the kind of intellectual capacity that lead to Captain Atom developing his powers

This could be the higher tier version of the Suicide Squad, assigned to Justice League level missions.

-Amazing Man, an hero who's powers are the solid, liquid, and gas to Cap's plasma and radition; also Cap might have experience with multiple members of this legacy through time
    -Booster Gold, most interesting as an opportunist looking to cash-in rather than serve
    -Blue Beetle, has the kind of intellectual capacity that lead to Captain Atom developing his powers

This could be the higher tier version of the Suicide Squad, assigned to Justice League level missions.
    Didn't they try this in the 90s with Extreme Justice and it kind of fell flat?

BANNED

Didn't they try this in the 90s with Extreme Justice and it kind of fell flat?
    I wouldn't know. I just think they'd be good supporting characters. Not enough brand names for a published team book.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Yeah I think your pulling our leg here saying you don't know this team.