Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Which is the better Justice League? DCEU or the Arrowverse?

Which universe has the better JL? The DCEU or the Arrowverse?
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

The DCEU has the most complete offering of the characters I want to see in the Justice League, so far. Hopefully, we'll get John Stewart, Hawkman and Hawkwoman at some point. There are so many I'd like to see on the big screen. Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, Vixen, Zatanna, Metamorpho, and on and on. I don't have the slightest clue what we can expect moving forward but the Arrowverse seems to be dead or dying and half the DCEU actors are facing real life difficulties that might end the current lineup. Bleak, I know but that's how I see it.

arrowverse doesn't really have one. There's been all hands on deck crossovers when everyone showed up or just the main trio crossovers or earlier ones when it's just 2 shows teaming up. But I don't think that's the same thing. Yeah there's that group that sat in a table at the hall of justice as a nod to the comic and probably at the time was meant to set up the next crossover. But between covid and like half of those characters being on their way to be written out for various reason, probably won't lead anywhere anytime soon. I did enjoy some of the crossovers more than the JL movie, like the earth x one and probably also COIE, not that it's saying much or didn't have their own shortcomings.
    But that being said DCEU has a actual justice league so wins by default, not that it or bvs are good movies, hopefully the recut version is an improvement.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 09-28-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Either way we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe DCEU because it at least has Gadot's Wonder Woman and Mamoa's Aquaman in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe DCEU because it at least has Gadot's Wonder Woman and Mamoa's Aquaman in it.
    Justice League I wish we could have:
    DCEU Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman
    CW Flash, Black Lightning
    Doom Patrol Cyborg

Astonishing Member

Have to go with the Arrowverse since outside of Wonder Woman, no one in the DCEU League is likable. Barry is annoying and clueless. Bruce is an arrogant ass. Just going by his use in Justice League Arthur is a jerk. And Cyborg just is blah. Leaving us with Wonder Woman and the future Plutonian.

Another plus is the Arrowverse doesn't have a Batman. Oliver comes close at points, but Oliver is actually shown as flawed rather than kewl when he tries to dominate his teammates.

I haven't even gotten further enough into the Arrowverse to see their League yet (just started watching Flash) and I already know I'd enjoy it more than the DCEU one. That bland, joyless, nigh emotionless experience was not the Justice League. You had the usual good performances from Gadot, Affleck, and Mamoa. Hell, even Cavil's Superman was finally starting to feel...right. But none of that could save the disaster that is every Non-Watchmen superhero flick with Snyder's name attached to it (and honestly...I think Watchmen sucked too. But I blame Moore for that, not Snyder)

It was better than Man of Steel and leagues (pun intended) better than BvS. But I never considered those to be particularly high bars to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    arrowverse doesn't really have one. Whenever theres been all hands on deck crossovers when everyone showed up or just the main trio or earlier ones when it's just 2 shows teaming up. Yeah there's that group that sat in a table at the hall of justice as a nod to the comic and probably at the time was meant to set up the next crossover. But between covid and like half of those characters being on their way to be written out for various reason, probably won't lead anywhere anytime soon. I did enjoy some of the crossovers more than the JL movie, like the earth x one and probably also COIE, not that it's saying much or didn't have their own shortcomings.
    But that being said DCEU has a actual justice league so wins by default, not that it or bvs are good movies, hopefully the recut version is an improvement.
    The League was established at the end of Crisis. The roster is Supergirl, Superman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Black Lightning, White Canary, Batwoman and an empty chair for the recently deceased Green Arrow. One character per show (including Superman and Lois), with two from Supergirl.

Presumably the new Batwoman will replace the old one, and maybe they could have Diggle join, as he's the Arrowverse version of John Stewart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Arrowverse barely has a league, and I doubt they will show them fighting together, now there's a new Batwoman, Supergirl is leaving, and Superman is barely a character.

I prefer the DCEU version WAY more.

Supergirl's show is ending, but that doesn't mean the character will be gone (like I said, there's also nothing stopping Diggle coming back - as Green Lantern). It would make sense for her to cameo from time to time in Superman and Lois and continue to show up in crossovers, unless Melissa Benoist is unavailable due to schedule conflicts. S&L will also flesh out Superman of course.

The only real issue with the Arrowverse JLA is that they've only just been formed.

Though since the DCEU Justice League has efffectively been rebooted with the Snyder cut, it's hard to judge them either.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-30-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl's show is ending, but that doesn't mean the character will be gone (like I said, there's also nothing stopping Diggle coming back - as Green Lantern). It would make sense for her to cameo from time to time in Superman and Lois and continue to show up in crossovers, unless Melissa Benoist is unavailable due to schedule conflicts. S&L will also flesh out Superman of course.

The only real issue with the Arrowverse JLA is that they've only just been formed.

Though since the DCEU Justice League has efffectively been rebooted with the Snyder cut, it's hard to judge them either.
    The Snyder Cut isn't a reboot. Effectively it's an Elseworld, like JOKER. Just an Elseworld movie that has the same actors and shares continuity with the previous pre-JL films.

The Arrowverse crossovers are way more fun and entertaining than the DCEU movies so.....have to go with Arrowverse.

Fantastic Member

DCEU...it had my two favorite characters, accurately depicted and perfectly cast; Black Canary and Wonder Woman.

Have only really sampled the main stuff of the Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl). Between that vs what I've seen of the DCEU, prefer the DCEU ( at least Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and I'll lump in Shazam!).