Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I'm good either way, tbh.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean if Hippolyta has to sleep with a man who would the father be?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If DC is insistent Diana has to have a father, I'd just make it some mortal lover Hippolyta had a relationship with prior to Hercules enslavement and Themyscira being sealed off.

The only time the Zeus daddy thing was done painlessly was the movie and that's largely because it's background lore.

She doesn't have to.. it really adds nothing to the story .
    ...and she can sleep with men and not have them be Diana's father.

I agree. It just seems for some weird reason Dc thinks Diana needs a father for her powers to work. I honestly feel if they want her to be a demi goddess her mother is Ares's daughter

I agree. It just seems for some weird reason Dc thinks Diana needs a father for her powers to work. I honestly feel if they want her to be a demi goddess her mother is Ares's daughter
    But that's such an antithesis to the Amazons and their mission. It's better to leave the varying mythological tales to the mythology books and let DCs Amazons be what they're supposed to be.

Incredible Member

Clay origin. Preferably with Greek Goddesses bringing her to life, but I’m not opposed to some Greek Gods being involved too.

Ideally, “born” to Hippolyta and Phillipus who are pair bonded / married. Nubia being created at the same time, but “stolen” wouldn’t be too bad either.

Incredible Member

Athena or Artemis in male form? If Zeus can turn into a swan to seduce women, why can’t Athena or Artemis assume the form of a man?

Born of clay is the iconic origin.
    Perez's portrayal of that story, with Diana being the soul of the child that Hippolyta was carrying at her mortal death, was beautiful and can't be topped. Throwing that away for the awful Zeus father story is just one of the many missteps of New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Athena or Artemis in male form? If Zeus can turn into a swan to seduce women, why can’t Athena or Artemis assume the form of a man?
    Because they are 2 of the 3 virgin Goddesses?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Fantastic Member

Didn't DC decided to give Diana a father to make her relatable and have family issues with her amazon sisters and the Gods/Goddesses?

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Born of clay is the iconic origin.
    Perez's portrayal of that story, with Diana being the soul of the child that Hippolyta was carrying at her mortal death, was beautiful and can't be topped. Throwing that away for the awful Zeus father story is just one of the many missteps of New 52.
    I couldn't possibly agree with you more.

The Zeus involvement in Diana's retconned origins has always baffled me. I feel it makes Diana less "special" her being just another half-mortal offspring of the philandering King of the Gods.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Didn't DC decided to give Diana a father to make her relatable and have family issues with her amazon sisters and the Gods/Goddesses?
    If by relatable you mean an absent father that becomes the center of your life and a whole tribe of sisters that sell children for weapons, rape and murder men for their sperm yet consider you to be the outsider... then sure, DC did a bang up job of that.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Yes but Zeus is a rapist and abuser so I don’t know how that makes her relatable. A mother wanted a child is relatable.

Think it was just DC caving into people who thought the clay origin was stupid and to be part of the whole "attention grabbing" aspect that defined a lot of the New 52.