Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Honestly its kinda weird how they changed Wonder Womans origin to Cassies yet have made the two characters less involved with one another than ever.
    And Donna's was changed to one of Diana's old origins. It's crazy.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    I’m sorry if this has already been listed in this thread...
    What are some recommended reads for someone wanting to learn more about Cassie?
    I’ve always preferred Donna has “my” Wonder Girl, but I’ve also never read much about Cassie to begin with. My only experience with her character is the Young Justice cartoon and a few Teen Titans runs she’s been a part of.
    I'm not sure which issue#, but the one where she fought Devastation was cool.

Still no word on how Cassie is going to factor into Wonder Comics. Odds are that she will just end up on Young Justice even if she has yet to be named and only the boy trio have been shown concept art for.

However there is always that slim chance that we could get a Cassie solo. They did say that these already announced series are just the initial releases and that future series including a Princess Amethyst series will come out later.

So on that note I just want to hope that we will finally get a proper Wonder Girl series that lasts a bit. Stick her in her home town of Gateway City and shes good to go. Leaves me to wonder what rogues she could potentially face in such a series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post

Still no word on how Cassie is going to factor into Wonder Comics. Odds are that she will just end up on Young Justice even if she has yet to be named and only the boy trio have been shown concept art for.

However there is always that slim chance that we could get a Cassie solo. They did say that these already announced series are just the initial releases and that future series including a Princess Amethyst series will come out later.

So on that note I just want to hope that we will finally get a proper Wonder Girl series that lasts a bit. Stick her in her home town of Gateway City and shes good to go. Leaves me to wonder what rogues she could potentially face in such a series.
    I'm not a fan of the skirt. I liked the red costume that she wore when Geoff Johns took over writing the Teen Titans. I also like her red tank top and then red t-shirt with jeans look that she adopted post OYL. I don't mind the black with gold, but, the skirt has got to go. I also hope she still has her own lightning lasso. I liked the idea of her having a lasso of her own.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the skirt. I liked the red costume that she wore when Geoff Johns took over writing the Teen Titans. I also like her red tank top and then red t-shirt with jeans look that she adopted post OYL. I don't mind the black with gold, but, the skirt has got to go. I also hope she still has her own lightning lasso. I liked the idea of her having a lasso of her own.
    Agreed. I like the costume they're using but the skirt feels tacked on.

Alright so she finally gets name dropped in the Young Justice solicitation with a Wonder Girl variant cover mentioned

The new teen super-team unites as Robin (Tim Drake), Wonder Girl, Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex join forces to help Amethyst free Gemworld from those who control it. In another section of the strange dimension, Connor Kent and Impulse find themselves taken captive—but if this is really Superboy, why isn’t he putting up a fight with his friend and former teammate against the bad guys?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    The new teen super-team unites as Robin (Tim Drake), Wonder Girl, Teen Lantern and Jinny Hex join forces to help Amethyst free Gemworld from those who control it. In another section of the strange dimension, Connor Kent and Impulse find themselves taken captive—but if this is really Superboy, why isn’t he putting up a fight with his friend and former teammate against the bad guys?
    I like Cassie's new costume.

Young Justice cover by Derrick Chew and Doc Shaner

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

One thing I have to say about this is I love what looks to be her return to her more nerdy roots. She's always been drawn as a pretty girl, not when John Byrne drew her, but I digress. She was always a nerd/tomboy. I hated when they tried to turn her into some sex kitten or make her more like Donna. That isn't Cassie at all.

I hope we also see a return to her being leader of YJ as well.

(I also want that hoodie in a male size!)
    Last edited by richalex; 12-06-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Richard Alexander

other

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    One thing I have to say about this is I love what looks to be her return to her more nerdy roots. She's always been drawn as a pretty girl, not when John Byrne drew her, but I digress. She was always a nerd/tomboy. I hated when they tried to turn her into some sex kitten or make her more like Donna. That isn't Cassie at all.

There was a whole arc to Cassie's evolution, she went from nerdy to glamorous slowly over time. It started in Wonder Woman in that issue where she got her first make-over when she was trying to capture Kon's attention. It continued in Teen Titans when they were together and they were like the head cheerleader and high school jock. Then he died, she went a little nuts and she went to the Christmas sweater and jeans. The changes were stages in her development from a pre-teen to a young woman and made perfect sense to me.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-06-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Super cute, we've gone back in time and Cassie is a pre-teen again. Hopefully she'll lead the team once more soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    There was a whole arc to Cassie's evolution, she went from nerdy to glamorous slowly over time. It started in Wonder Woman in that issue where she got her first make-over when she was trying to capture Kon's attention. It continued in Teen Titans when they were together and they were like the head cheerleader and high school jock. Then he died, she went a little nuts and she went to the Christmas sweater and jeans. The changes were stages in her development from a pre-teen to a young woman and made perfect sense to me.
    Yeah, I read all of that and wasn't what I was talking about at all.

I was referring to the Nu52 Cassie. I had no problems with the original YJ/Wonder Woman Cassie.
    Richard Alexander

Ah...New 52 Cassie...Weird choices were made. Larger breasts than Power girl, changed the identity of her father to weaken the connection to Diana, gave her a backstory of being an art thief since she was a small child who found an alien symbiote which bonded with her as power armor which she used to help her commit crimes, with her using the money from her heists to hide out from her mom who lost her job and reputation thanks to Cassies actions.

Also she was supposed to be like 19 or something by the time New 52 teen titans starts I think?

Attached Images Attached Images